[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /g/ I have a ps3 laying around and i dont want to sell it,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 41734_05e493c3.jpg (2MB, 4800x3800px) Image search: [Google]
41734_05e493c3.jpg
2MB, 4800x3800px
Sup /g/ I have a ps3 laying around and i dont want to sell it, can i install a linux os there?
>>
Runs a very shit, slow version of puppy linux. Not even fucking worth it mane, use it as a console, if not toss it or sell it.
>>
if you are able to jailbreak it, most definitely keep it and use it as a all in one entertainment box

plug in an external hdd to it loaded with movies and music, and use the jailbreak features to play pirate games or install them directly to the ps3
>>
>>56363256
thanks, ill probably do this
>>
>>56363374
i would definitely do that, i wanted to do it myself but my firmware is too up to date

if you haven't turned it on for a while, do not update it. otherwise, past a certain point, you have to use an e3 flasher and install it inside of your ps3. they cost $50 for one.

the only reason i didn't jailbreak my ps3 is because it was too up to date, and i found the idea of spending money on it a little ridiculous. I could make a little mini itx build with no gpu and a decent intel cpu, set it up in the living room with wireless kb and mouse and do the same thing.
>>
>>56363404
yeah, its been collecting dust alot of time so i guess it didnt update and i dont have money to do a mini itx build
>>
can't you install gentoo on it?
>>
>>56363404
Is it possible to just delete the PS3 OS and flash or install an older version?
>>
>>56363024
still good for a blueray dvd player, regular dvds too
>>
>>56364307
Honestly nobody uses those. It's all about either streaming or torrenting.
>>
>>56364403
what about people that still have the cds? i think its cool even though its obsolete as fuck.
>>
>>56364411
True. What type of CDs though?
>>
>>56365267
normal dvds and mini discs, they are cute as fug
>>
File: 1451920125712.jpg (9KB, 208x210px) Image search: [Google]
1451920125712.jpg
9KB, 208x210px
>>56363024
Not anymore
>tfw bought a PS3 for OtherOS only to find out that Sony likes men and dropped OtherOS
>>
>>56363641
Not older than the original firmware he came from.

3.50 or less, you can jailbreak it (since it requires a modified 3.55 to downgrade).
3.56 or newer and you're screwed, can't do any jailbreak on it.
>>
>>56365793
PS3 is the oldest model, the one with PS2 emulation.

>>56365700
Yea
>>
>>56366330
>PS3 is the oldest model, the one with PS2 emulation.

The you can downgrade and jailbreak it, but you'll need a hardware flasher in case you're past 3.55 or without CFW installed.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.