[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why aren't you using a Windows Phone, /g/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: Windows-10-Update.jpg (121KB, 1200x808px) Image search: [Google]
Windows-10-Update.jpg
121KB, 1200x808px
Why aren't you using a Windows Phone, /g/?
>>
>botnet 2.0
>>
>>56362895
I used one for 5 years and with MS basically taking almost two years off from releasing a flagship and saying that the last year they'll have no major focus on the platform - coupled with all kinds of security and messaging apps that weren't available on WP or had even been removed after once being available I finally gave up and switched.
>>
>>56362895
Not saying that WP is bad by itself but MS already has a monopoly on the desktop side using pretty bad business practices, if they get a significant amount of marketshare on the mobile side we can say goodbye to any kind of future choice. I would rather prefer for another competitor to success like ubuntu phone, tize or sailfish.
>>
not having apps all my friends have and not having access to other apps when i might need them is really depressing
>>
>>56362895
but i do
>>
NO
APPS
>>
No applications. Also the bootloader is locked down (and also now compromised)
>>
>>56362895
I am.
>>
>>56362944
>>56363196
These.

Also
>restricting OS
>>
I have a Windows Phone, but I'm considering switching.
The one I have now is a 5" screen and it's too big to comfortably use with one hand; Microsoft no long sells any 4" Windows Phones.

Thinking about an iPhone SE, but $400 for a phone is a tad much.
>>
File: Q10.jpg (137KB, 903x1159px) Image search: [Google]
Q10.jpg
137KB, 903x1159px
Because I have a better phone with a better OS
>>
>>56365510
>better dead OS
fify
>>
>>56365510
>using an OS backdoored by the Indians
>>
>>56365522
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BlackBerry_10
>BlackBerry COO Marty Beard told Bloomberg that "The company’s never said that we would not build another BB10 device."

>>56365535
>implying I could give less of a shit
I've got a burner for anything I'm worried about anyone seeing.
>>
>>56362895
Lumia 640 is on sale for $20 at Target, no contract phone.

Seems good, but I already have a laptop.
>>
>>56362895
i'm not lonely enough to be gay
>>
>>56362895
NOAPPS
O
A
P
P
S
>>
>>56362895
I tried it
it was terrible
>>
>Why aren't you using a Windows Phone, /g/?

Because it was and still is and will forevermore be dead on arrival.
>>
>not building your own botnet free phone

It's like you want stallman to have your nudes!
>>
>>56362895
cant play pokemon go on it
>>
>>56362895
Fuck off
I purchased a 30$ Lumia 640 because shills convinced me to and it's beyond shit. Worst 30 $ I've ever spent. The OS is shit, the badly written apps sometimes don't work at all even after reinstalling them, updates are delayed. Thankfully the charging port stopped working so I just bought the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 for 180 $ after they started selling it in my country.
>650 processor
>7-8 hours screen on time even on 3G
>AOSP ROM support
>constant updates
>3 GB RAM, 32 GB storage
>5.5" 1080p display
>fingerprint, IR blaster
Best thing I've ever bought in some time
>>
No apps, but it's an okay phone with Windows so botnet also.
>>
I use a Lumia 640 since last year.
Feels good for the price.
>>
WOW I SURE WONDER IF I CAN RUN .EXE FILES WITH IT
>>
No apps.
>>
File: 1444840632524.gif (2MB, 254x196px) Image search: [Google]
1444840632524.gif
2MB, 254x196px
>>56362895
I would if they could convince me that they weren't deprecating the platform. It's a damn shame, because winphones had the BEST UI out of all the smartphones out there. Apple never pushed past buttons-and-badges, which is easy to learn but gives you zero information, because they don't want to scare their users by changing literally anything dramatically. Android just copied Apple's UI. Live tiles + full-screen usage was/is the obvious best way forward from that.

That, and Windows was the first to realize that multi-platform integration by default was a killer feature, not just a way to get people to buy overpriced laptops. Apple started to catch on, but they're just copying Microsoft by pushing Siri into MacOS. MS had a real advantage, but it feels like they blew it. I wouldn't even mind having less apps, since 90% of the appstore is garbage freemium games. On top of that, you could make apps using a "Real", professionally used IDE that had mountains of hours put into it, with "real" languages to program in. If you want to develop for iOS, you're stuck with Obj-C which wasn't being advanced for a long time and is slowly being deprecated for Swift with XCode, and if you want to develop for Android you're stuck with their NOT-JAVA(tm) Java virtual machine with its own NOT-JAVA(tm) quirks and whatever Java-based bloated IDE you could get your hands on.

Oh well.
>>
Lumia 950 over here. Feels nice, replaced the backcover with a wooden one, tho. I even use continuum from time to time, Its mighty nice if I just need office or a browser. As a Smartphone it feels much faster than my previous android phones (m7 and note 3 both with cm), I don't miss any apps and like the overall ux better.
>>
Look at that thing it looks like a billboard advertisement
>>
File: 1377408668143.gif (3MB, 340x182px) Image search: [Google]
1377408668143.gif
3MB, 340x182px
>>56362970
>>56363029
>>56363196
>>56365288
>>56365976
>>56367528
>>56368660
*programs
>>
>>56368810
ty for the bump
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.