[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/g/ What is good on tablets? If someone had told me when I was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: surface.jpg (22KB, 590x332px) Image search: [Google]
surface.jpg
22KB, 590x332px
/g/
What is good on tablets?

If someone had told me when I was a kid that tablets would be around, I would have imagined a new version of the morning news, for example. That doesn't really exist, unless you count watching shit youtube videos on whatever CNN app is out there or something.

Is there anything currently being done RIGHT on tablets?
>>
No idea about tablet tablets, but do have experience with surfaces.

Note taking on a surface is pretty fucking nice, surface pro 4 comes with drawboard pdf (Or for you fuckers that want to use XODO) and has every tool you could want for annotations on a pdf. OneNote (not office onenote) is pretty nice too.

I'd say for the less "lapability" of the surface pro, it really does gives an alternative to ultrabooks, especially with the pen.
>>
People said the teclast x80 pro yesterday.
Only problem is the lack of battery life and no full size usb port (comes with adapter). Not sure if the battery is easily replaced or upgraded.
>>
It's garbage technology for idiots. Ignore it and use real PCs.
>>
>>56362013
Surface seems to be the only good tablet on the market and their sales figures reflect it.
Of course it won't beat the iPad though since businesses buy them in the thousands as Windows CE replacement devices, like POS, restaurant ordering systems and home automation control. Surface seems to be the best for general consumer and professional use.
>>
>>56366022
Surface Pro 5 is coming soon.
>>
Really just an evolution of a PC to make using a laptop on a couch more comfy by removing the keyboard flap. There's an app for Win10 called Sage Reader which is pretty comfy for 4chan browsing, and a few other good ones for youtube or whatever too. Be prepared to spend a few bucks on some apps to achieve maximum comfiness though.
>>
I got a windows 10 tablet a few weeks ago at work for free.

It's fucking awful. The lack of keyboard makes any normal task take 10 times longer, and any heavy typing related task (programming, typing documents, chatting) impossible.
The touch-mouse is less accurate than a regular mouse because UIs are less likely to be optimized for touch screens, so enjoy misclicking at least 20% of the time.

The only good thing about it is the built in wacom tablet, but if I wasn't an artist, it'd be pretty useless to me.

TL;DR: Only software can fix tablets, and it already has: It's called Android/IOS.
>>
>>56366134
how soon?
>>
>>56362013
>What is good on tablets?

on iOS: news app, digital delivery of magazines, kindle, iBooks.
>>
>>56362013
I bought mine for note taking. Considered Surface, but it has too short battery life so I ended up with Samsung Note Pro. Aside from that, it is has very little use:
>playing hearthstone when I convince myself it's worth my time
>checking something out in the Internet which I can do on my phone much faster because it has an actual keyboard
>wasting your time on shit games/pointless apps if it's your thing

>>56367174
>Android/iOS on tablets
Maybe up to around 9". When you go higher you realise you could use all that space on your screen much better if the OS was capable of window management. Even if you don't realise that, there is a plenty of problems with Android. Dunno about iOS since I've never used it.
>>
dropping wacom for n-trig was a huge mistake. why gimp pretty much your main selling point?
>>
>>56368506
Both have their own advantages and disadvantages. For artwork the shitty parallax and edge sensitivity of Wacom Penabled makes me prefer Ntrig.
I don't draw slowly so the diagonal stepping doesn't happen at all and the battery in mine is still going after 18 months (32% remaining).
>>
>>56367211
Probably October like the last one.
>>
>>56369293
the diagonal stepping is completely unacceptable, and the battery makes the pen unbalanced.
>>
>>56369315
I'll sure your mom my unbalanced pen.

That was stupid of me. I'm sleepy. Good night.
>>
>>56369315
Eh, I rather put up with those than Parallax and shitty tip position accuracy.
When is Wacom's next gen tech coming anyway? Rumors say the Surface 5 Pro might be using it.
>>
surface look really for a tablet. I kind of regret that I didn't use that $300 discount for surface pro 4.

hopefully there will be discount for sp5
>>
>>56367211
Kaby Lake just got announced so not too far away I imagine.
Gigantic leap in Graphics performance and power efficiency again. Hopefully the sleep and stability issues of Skylake are fixed.
>>
>>56362013
>Is there anything currently being done RIGHT on tablets?

some newspapers and magazines have digital editions (and i don't mean their website)
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.