[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was robbed, computer gone, and now I have this piece of shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: makiapure.jpg (144KB, 512x720px) Image search: [Google]
makiapure.jpg
144KB, 512x720px
I was robbed, computer gone, and now I have this piece of shit
>Acer 3690 1,5gb ram with Intel Celeron 1,73 Ghz and integrated chipset family, windows xp and 110 gb of space
How would \g\ pimp my ride into something usable
>inb4 buy new pc
poorfag
>>
>>56361471
W-Who robbed you anon
>>
>>56361471
Maybe install mate on it and it might become usuable for basic tasks?

We dont actually know anything on here, we just install and uninstall OS's
>>
>>56361471
You're a makifag, so nothing of value was lost.
>>
>>56361498
3 dudes got into my house and stole the little shit I had
>>56361504
that is what I was thinking, but I don't really know which one
>>
File: 1471915084818.jpg (70KB, 640x718px) Image search: [Google]
1471915084818.jpg
70KB, 640x718px
>>56361471
Ayyy I have that laptop

Install Palememe for Xp/Intel Atom so (At least) you can shitpost properly
>>
Any Linux distro with WM/lightweight DE

Did you really need to ask nigger
>>
Maki robbed my heart!
>>
Maki robbed my virginity
>>
not even bullshitting, get either a used thinkpad or one of those dell optiplex computers with i5 to recover from this

T430 can be found with 8gb of ram and an SSD for $200 flat from a refurber, so it will also come with new KB and other things that were damaged

here is an example of a good used dell

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-OptiPlex-790-MT-intel-Quad-Core-i5-2400-3-10-GHz-8GB-DDR3-Ram-DVDRW-NO-HDD-/272050066555?hash=item3f5772947b:g:ZZUAAOSwzJ5XaFWu

now tell me OP, i am not being snarky here, I am legitimately interested

did you get burgled, or actually robbed? are you aware of the difference between a robbery and a burglary?

do you live in a house, apartment?
do you live alone?
are you in the US? if so, what city?
>>
File: .png (467KB, 600x839px) Image search: [Google]
.png
467KB, 600x839px
>>56361471
Serves you right for making Maki threads.
>>
>>56361471
You can get a $300 pc easily nowadays, all new parts with decent specs.
4 GB RAM (ddr3) = $25
Motherboard = $45-$70
A better CPU (dual core 2.5+GHz, or better) = $80-$150
A GPU (optional, but recommended, 1GB usually) = $40-$60
You probably have a case and PSU, you should also invest into more storage. That's a cheap and usable PC (anything other than extreme gaming and heavy programs), didn't list parts because I don't know what's available in your area but I can get that here in europoor where tech prices are higher, just check your local suppliers and compatible parts. You can also buy used parts or used pre-built PC's, who knows maybe you even buy your old PC from the guys who stole it :^)
>>
>>56362469
or just buy an optiplex like one with a core 2 and stick an old gtx inside of it :^)))))) XD
>>
>>56362513
no, not core 2

get one with 2nd or 3rd gen i5, they can be found for sub $200
>>
Hey man, check out distrowatch and read up on puppy linux and bodhi linux. You might find other distros that suit your needs, but those two spring to mind immediately.
>>
>>56361839
I think I'll install palemeem
>>56362166
robbed, I was in the house and they pointed the gun at me. I live alone and not in the US but they were dindus
>>56362170
Y-you t-too

Aside, thanks for suggesting buying shit, but my bank account has around 20 dollars for until second week of september, so not an option, since i need this shitposting machine up and ready for work next week
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.