[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>No one is upgrading their phones because SD801 is more than

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: sd801.jpg (230KB, 918x918px) Image search: [Google]
sd801.jpg
230KB, 918x918px
>No one is upgrading their phones because SD801 is more than enough
>Google realizes this
>Makes Nougat incompatible with SD801

Thanks Jewgle!
>>
>>56360065
>Nougat incompatible with SD801
What? Android has been modified to run on x86 so how has Google changed Nougat to somehow refuse a certain kind of hardware? I call bullshit until multiple reliable sources are provided.
>>
>>56360065
>criticising a move that's supposed to push for encryption to be on by default

Thought at least /g/ of all places would support this.
>>
>>56360347
It's compatiable just fine, but you won't get approval from Google because 801 doesn't have HW accelerated AES encryption or something iirc. That means they won't be able to have Play preinstalled.

So there will be probably plenty devices with custom ROMs of Nougat, maybe even my S3 which runs CM13 just fine.
>>
>blaming Google
>>
>>56361509
Silly anon, this board is /v/ disguised as a technology board.
>>
>>56360065
it's so funny how they haven't even released a compatibility certification document and yet they just say "it won't pass certification testing", lol.

also those lazy unwashed pajeets in flipflops and ripped jeans at Qualcomm are too lazy to write drivers anyway so it's a win win

No go buy a chinese nexus for $600
>>
>>56360065
between google qualcomm and the OEMs they can all point their fingers at eachother and stick them up their asses at the same time.
>>
it's a good thing you have that octo-core processor and 16 gigs of ram to run the three different version of the same app google your carrier and your OEM all bloat you up with.

oh that's right, you payed full price up front for a new note 7. maybe you even got it home before it started boot looping.
>>
S800 and S801 were two of the most widely used ARM SoCs ever in terms of number of different devices using them, and total volume of those units shipped.
I could maybe see Google decided that Android is ARMv8 only from now on, but theres no point to that as all ARMv8 designs have to be 32bit ARMv7 compliant, and companies including Qualcomm are still releasing 32bit ARMv7 SoCs that are clearly supported.

Flat out it looks like Google is trying to push people to buy new hardware.
>>
>wahh i dont want to upgrade my 9 year old phone
>>
>>56361975
>That means they won't be able to have Play preinstalled.
That means no updated drivers since CM doesn't have hardware access which means unfixed exploits.
>>
>>56362215
The S800 itself is 3 years old, devices using it are somewhat newer.
Arbitrarily cutting support after 2 years is pretty bullshit.
>>
>>56360065
You can like... not use nougat?
>>
>>56362298
This

If we go by OP logic we should all be using Windows 10, macOS, Debian unstable, or CM nightly for our 10 year old devices that ran perfectly before it.
>>
>>56362294
Well i have a note 5 so ill get it regardless

So ha fuck off
>>
>>56362298
>>56362816
It pains me that this has been so normalised that people will question the expectation for your OS to receive security updates.
>>
>>56364334
Archnigger mentality has ruined everything.
>>
The Apple iPhone 7 Pro doesn't have this problem.
>>
>>56360065
it's qualcomm who isn't updating the drivers to support vulkan
and to run android N you need vulkan
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.