[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>he fell for the "Stay on Windows 7" meme

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

File: 1469826606212.jpg (62KB, 999x749px) Image search: [Google]
1469826606212.jpg
62KB, 999x749px
>he fell for the "Stay on Windows 7" meme
>>
>>56355970
What's wrong with that? Still have security updates through 2020.

After that I'm buying a MacBook
>>
>>56356289
This, unfortunately.
>>
>>56356289
>updates through 2020
I turned mine off last week or so when they annouced the new style of updates. So my updates were good through 2016 :(
>>
>>56356327
And now your OS won't get critical security updates.

This is the fucking bullshit Microsoft Windows Stockholm Syndrome victims put up with. It's fucking pathetic.

It ends today. Install GNU. Just do it faggots.
>>
>he fell for the not using a free and open source operating system that doesn't compromise his liberties
>>
I switched to Ubuntu.

I liked the metro interface of 8.1 though.
>>
>>56356448
My pirated copy of Windows 7 with disabled updates works just fine.
>>
>>56356448
>he eats things off the bottom of his feet
>>
Got windows 7 on desktop and 8.1 on laptop.

8.1 is a good upgrade with Classic Shell but not good enough that I am willing to uninstall and reinstall everything. Until programs stop being supported I will stay on Windows 7. 10 can succ my dicc
>>
>>56356505

>he uses M$ Wangblows
>he can't modify his own kernel
>>
installed ubuntu on both my desktop and thinkpad

feels really good man, i had no idea it was this great. i had initially install debian and lubuntu but i got tired of fighting graphical issues. ubuntu actually does just werk, i don't know why you faggots who aren't working in security assurance or with private data/information don't just use ubuntu.
>>
>>56356718
>(((Ubuntu)))
No thanks.
>>
>>56356718
/thread

>>56356289
This, hopefully they changed their poor quality aluminium cases for robust, professional looking plastic cases.
>>
>>56356742
you aren't going to make me feel bad friend

here is an example of just one of the fucking outright retarded bugs i had to fix on lubuntu on my thinkpad

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-intel/+bug/1568604

i figured it out and all, but after the millionth issue i had, i just said fuck it and switched to ubuntu. if you aren't a secret hacker, whats the point of installing gentoo or arch?
>>
>>56356579
>implying anyone on /g/ would even know how to do that

The most I've seen someone on /g/ do is compile a custom kernel (Gentoo), but nowadays it's really easy.
>>
>>56356788
Gentoo and Arch don't have these problems.
>>
Stupid frogposter
>>
>>56356327
>I turned mine off last week or so when they annouced the new style of updates
Huh?
>>
>>56356579
>my operating system is so shitty i have to hack core bits
This is a feature?
>>
>>56356929
>being a winfag for so long that you are unable to recognize freedom and customizability
wew lad
>>
>>56356908
how do gentoo and arch work

i realize you start with a blank slate, but how blank of a slate is it. do you even have a DE upon install or is it just a terminal and you go from there by installing software from repos?

also what is the pacman syu joke, and the x breaking joke?
>>
>>56356963
the freedom to do anything except actually use your computer lol
>>
>>56356967
do you even have a DE
No. You have a terminal and install whatever you want. You are free to do as you wish.

>pacman syu joke
This is a meme perpertuated by Ubuntu users who can't into following basic instructions.

>x breaking joke
I've been using Arch for years. X has never broken for me. Not even once. You'll get more weird shit from Ubuntu (like window buttons randomly disappearing) than you will with Arch.
>>
>>56356991
Customizing your computer is part of using your computer lad. What does it feel like to "own" "your" computer but not have access to any of it's core components? Seems more like it's only "your computer" as long as you have your product key. And even then, MS can push applications to be installed on it.
>>
>>56357004
so if i were to try out gentoo or arch, i would either need to do it while connected via ethernet, right? as it wouldn't even have the proprietary firmware for wifi chips and usb dongles?
>>
>>56356309
Not moving to great gnu+Linux platform. What a pleb
>>
>>56357045
>Customizing your computer is part of using your computer lad. What does it feel like to "own" "your" computer but not have access to any of it's core components?
Give me one compelling reason to want to modify my kernel beardo-chan.
>Seems more like it's only "your computer" as long as you have your product key.
Am I supposed to be like intrinsically offended by the concept of commercial software here? Also, "as long as I have" like it's going to just suddenly vanish one day?
>MS can push applications to be installed on it.
So Linux has no way of getting software packages pushed to it? It's even more worthless than I thought. Maybe you can use your freedom and patch that into the kernel.
>>
>>56356372
Only if I can dual boot.
>>
>>56356927
You will no longer be able to manually pick which updates to install. Instead you will get one big cumulative update W10 style.
>>
I don't get why everyone mentions systemcritical security bullshit. Nobody can really break that easy into your router and intern network. Stop browsing stupid sites you don't know and stop running every script you get. Just activate what you need. I am on W7 without any updates besides (the old, not the new) SP1 and that is it.... plus some simple antivir. Never had a problem since W7 came out. Reinstalled just once because my harddrive broke but that is another story and could happen on any operating system. Anyone who has had any virus in the last ten years should get the fuck out of this board.
>>
>>56356372
I mostly play on my PC, I can't say good bye to Windows.
>>
>>56357266
I haven't gotten that. Maybe it was in an update I uninstalled.
>>
>>56356579
> he can't modify his own kernel
Nice autismos you got there friend
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.