[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need computer help!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Okay, so I just moved from California back to my home state West Virginia. I shipped my computer along with other belongings and whatnot. During the transit my hard drive got loose and banged around inside of my case. My graphics card was disheveled, SATA cable is broken as well as the cable that goes from the power source to the hard drive. Once I saw it, I just pulled everything out and put it back together. It turned on all the LEDs and started to boot but then shut down. Just need advice/help.
>>
Sorry to read that. Have a bump, anon.
>>
>>56355818
booting and resetting sounds like hard drive probs, unsurprisingly, guess you have tried other sata ports and other sata power plugs ?
>>
Full specs?
>>
Post more gore please. I know it's too late for you, but this is why you should always partially disassemble desktops before shipping them. Should've taken your hard drives with you personally too.
>>
Well, what have we learned from this?
>>
>>56356177
Never start a land war in Asia?
>>
>>56355818
>Okay, so I just moved from California back to my home state West Virginia.
Why would you do this?
>>
>>56356207
Cali is a cucked shithole.
>>
All you need is to use is non-expanding insulating foam.

Get some plastic bags and fill em with foam, then stuff the inside of the PC with them. They harden to the shape you put them in to protect things from moving during shipping.
>>
>>56356177
That transportation in the same way boxes and packages are being handled would end up in murder, lawsuits and torture if humans was handled the same way.
>>
>>56356177
If you're moving, and you're not personally looking after your pc, disassemble your shit.
>>
>>56356207
>>56356241

I agree that cali is a cucked shithole but moving to WV is like going from a first world country to a 3rd world one depending of course on where you moved to in WV.

WV is known for poverty and little much else.

Any other state would have been acceptable, Virginia, NC, SC, Tenn... etc..
>>
>>56355818
There a reason why pre build PC manufacturers use expanding form fitting foam inside their cases when they ship....

This shit happens when you ship something from one coast to another. Thousands of miles of bumping. And you thought the inside with no protection would be fine? serves you right....
>>
>>56356458
>Thousands of miles
Yet 120% of the damage is done the first 3 meters and last 3 meters it falls 5 meters onto the ground or on a wagon.
>>
>>56356486
Ok, maybe, but the likely hood of that happening goes way up the more distance it must travel.

also, I dont think youve ever worked at a distribution hub, youd pack your shit 3 x better if you saw how things were handled.

Once a part breaks loose inside it will wreak havoc till it is delivered.

More miles = higher chance of damage.
>>
File: 2438599553_57cb301ec1_m.jpg (16KB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
2438599553_57cb301ec1_m.jpg
16KB, 240x180px
>>56356518
More miles = higher chance of damage.
More stops is what kills your package since it's not gonna rumble around while in the plane that much.

I've seen a lot of packaging videos, and I've also worked in IKEA Distrubition with forklifts and DHL so I know how people treat packages.

Heck, I've had one coworker saying
"heh, fragile... this side up? *shakes, puts it upside down* those stickers are mostly lies..."

Or another time when I heard that a thing that sounded like glass that was broken in one of the almost round soft cardboard boxes due to people tossing it around.

I quit because they were nagging me that I took too long to throw the stuff onto the conveyor belt. Yes, throw onto it.
Not placing it, but throwing it.

I hope someone here got one of the packages I handled, and not the ones my co-workers destroyed.
>>
>>56356604
Thats why I pack my shit to fort knox tier specs.

If it cost $10 more to send out so be it so long as it gets there in one piece.
>>
>>56356241
>>56356437
The Southeast is a shithole. You could have gone literally anywhere else in the country.
>>
>>56356676
Well, WV is a shithole, some parts of Appalachia maybe.

But nothing wrong with NC or Florida.
>>
>>56356722
Nothing wrong with NC? NC is just as bad as anywhere else in the Southeast when it comes to shit weather, shit people, and shit jobs. Florida at least has jobs, but then you have to deal with the other two things and old fucking people.
>>
File: 12745719811.jpg (134KB, 1080x1283px) Image search: [Google]
12745719811.jpg
134KB, 1080x1283px
>>56355818
lmao'ing@ur whole life senpai.
>>
>>56355818
Did it complete post Op?
>>
>>56356741
>NC is just as bad as anywhere else in the Southeast when it comes to shit weather, shit people, and shit jobs.

Dude what the fuck are you talking about?

Charlotte, Tri-State area, Asheville, etc... these are all big cities with LOTS of employment opportunity and competitive salaries.

What "shit weather"???

Im in Western NC in the mountains and the hottest its been is like 85, nights its around 65-70. Almost perfect weather.

I really dont think you know what you are talking about.
>>
>>56356831
>these are all big cities with LOTS of employment opportunity and competitive salaries.
There are employment opportunities, but not 'LOTS'. Outside the cities? Enjoy pumping gas until you're 90.
>What "shit weather"???
The fucking 100% humidity? Hurricanes? Come on. You're just being obtuse. Not surprising for a North Carolinian, though.
>I really dont think you know what you are talking about.
I really don't give a shit. I had to live in that shithole for 3 years. It's just as shit as anywhere else in the Southeast.
>>
>>56356437
I moved out to California 2 years ago to live with my ex boyfriend. Some family complications as well as the breakup just made me move home.
>>
>>56357315
what is your favourite anime?
>>
File: image.jpg (167KB, 600x914px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
167KB, 600x914px
Also, thanks everyone! I disappeared for a bit because I didn't think I would actually get any replies!

Also, I paid UPS to pack it and I sure it for me because I was on a tight schedule. So atleast it is insured for $400.

Meme for good measure.
>>
>>56357342
Cory in the House, duh.
>>
>>56356780
My life truly isn't that bad. Job security and free rent when I moved back. Just PC problems :(
>>
>>56356604
kek no wonder U.S faggots only buy chink shit
>>
>>56357974
I'm not from USA though.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.