[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what VPN do you use, Anon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

What Proxy/VPN service do you use to access 4chan or other sites? I use the most secure and log free VPN service PIA
>>
>>56354496
As a fellow PIA user, I also have nothing bad to say about the service. Fast, lots of locations and incredible support. Choose PIA if you want a secure and privacy aware VPN provider.
>>
this totally does not look like a PIA advertisement
>>
I use PIA because it was dirt cheap, $60/2 years. Not too many complaints about the service
>some sites (not most popular ones) rangeban PIA; some from access, others from contributioN (e.g. 4chan without a pass)
>their client does not automatically update or offer automatic update checking, even when security issues are discovered in the OpenSSL binaries and they put out a new version of the client to address them
>the DNS leak protection and VPN/internet killswitch (where the connection dies if your VPN connection drops rather than sending your traffic unencrypted) often do not reset the IP settings on your internet adapter (e.g. wifi) meaning you have to go to network connections and do it manually under the properties -> IPv4
Given the price I don't have too many complaints but it's not perfect and I'd be curious to hear about superior alternatives if they don't cost way too much more.
>>
>>56354551
>>some sites (not most popular ones) rangeban PIA; some from access, others from contributioN (e.g. 4chan without a pass)

All notable VPNs are blocked on 4chan
>>
>>56354562
Yeah, but PIA is banned from some odd sites. One of the ones I notice more is when I'm trying to figure out if robocalls are legitimate or scams, one of the popular first results when searching for phone numbers just presents a huge "YOU'RE BLOCKED" page. Mullvad and nVPN generally were banned on more sites than PIA though. I think it's just part of the course if you go on a VPN service that doesn't give you a static IP.
>>
File: 1472420405051.png (103KB, 349x356px) Image search: [Google]
1472420405051.png
103KB, 349x356px
>>56354581
https://ovpn.to
>>
I trust my shitty 3rd world ISP more than any VPN
>>
Was with PIA but switch to NordVPN because it's better

but I hate 4chan for not letting it's users post with a Vpn
>>
What's a good non US VPN?
>>
>>56356628
cryptostorm
>>
>>56354510
You pretty much nailed it
>>
I use PiA still mostly because of the cost and good enough speeds. I can generally get about 100Mbit from my 150Mbit line.
>>
>>56356698
Is it any good? The website looks a bit shady.
>>
>>56356936
yes, its good. its supposed to look like that to keep out the normies.
>>
>>56356936
Lots more shady behind the scenes stuff with that service.
>>
>>56354496 Selfhosted one.
>3-5$ per month
>100+mbit all day long
>any location (eg you can find server in another jurisdiction with 20-30ms ping)
>static ip which is not banned by moot/netflix/etc
>whatever protocols you want. Openvpn with shadowsocks/obfs4/stunnel obfuscation, standalone shadowsocks which is great for mobile devices, tinc (mesh vpn), anyconnect, govpn
>bonus storage space
>>
>>56356698
>cryptostorm
honeypot
>>
>>56354496
I used PIA for a year, was getting a little pissed off I couldn't post here while using it, so after my 1 year expired I switched to NordVPN. I think I liked NordVPN better, the client was a little buggy/laggy but overall it was OK. Then KAT went offline so now I have no VPN, no need for it...
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.