[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long until we get long range wireless charging?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: cableinwheel.jpg (125KB, 500x481px) Image search: [Google]
cableinwheel.jpg
125KB, 500x481px
How long until we get long range wireless charging?
>>
File: 1462568594083.jpg (174KB, 1533x961px) Image search: [Google]
1462568594083.jpg
174KB, 1533x961px
Good question
>>
>wireless power transfer
enjoy your cancer.
>>
>>56354428
You're*
>>
Currently the only long range charging stuff available is microwave based. You'd just burn people's retinas out if you tried to put that in a home.

If you extended the induction based short range methods to larger equipment and larger ranges, you'd probably end up causing electricity to build up on various, unintended metal objects. Consider it like static electricity, but its everywhere and painful and breaks all your electronics.

>>56354428
Power transmitting wavelengths are nonmutagenic, dumbass.
>>
As soon as someone invents a time machine and goes back to kill Edison.
>>
>>56355292
This. Tesla was onto something of the sort, and then Edison had to fuck his shit up because he was a gigantic faggot.
>>
>>56355491
Muh electrocomunist

Fuck edison Tesla was based
>>
>>56355546
I ain't no commie, friend, but I do respect a man who's equal parts mad and genius. Who knows what wonders he could've brought into the world if not for Edison's shenanigans.
>>
>>56354428
lasers, dude. LASERS!
>>
>i suck at wire management so we need even more pain in the ass unreliable wireless bullshit
Jesus fuck.
>>
Read wiki about ionosphere resonation
>initiated by lightning
Tesla attempting similar high voltage high frequency stuff.
Everyone and their mums claim tesla stuff won't work.

If lightning can do it why cant we do it ourselves and boost it up to usable levels.

Smells fishy
>>
>>56355292
>>56355491
>>56355546
>>56355821
Tesla is the crowned king of meme science.

The few actual contributions he made to society were just continuing the work of previous scientists. That's completely fine, of course, because successive collaboration is the foundation of scientific progress, but he doesn't deserve the idiotic amounts of praise that get heaped on him. He was also a pathological liar. Read through his notebooks: they're filled to the brim of elaborate descriptions of experiments he clearly never did and wild claims of his abilities, like his "I built a tiny earthquake device that almost leveled a city" bullshit or his "I could split the world in half in an instant if I wanted" horseshit. For every real contribution he made, there are ninety nine pure fabrications.

So why is so fucking popular? Because he appeals to both science-worshipping autistics and scientifically-illiterate idiots, both of whom are highly active on the internet. The former group likes him because he's everything they aspire to be — single-minded, asexual, completely devoted to science, unable to communicate or interactive with others, etc. — and also because people like that absolutely live for contrarianism. They'll desperately cling to anything that makes them seem smarter than the average person ("oh you think edison is important?"). The latter group likes him because he spent 90% of his time sitting around making heaps of vague statements about energy and vibration that sound 2deep4me, but have no actual meaning whatsoever. Through the constant barrage of shitty memes about him, anybody in the middle ground who spends time on the internet gets so much exposure that they start to like him, too.

Fuck Tesla and fuck the idiots who would suck his dick if he hadn't chopped it off so he could focus on his pseudoscience.
>>
>>56356101
Easy there, Edison.
>>
>>56356101
Being contrarian because you're an uneducated fuck that thinks everyone is contrarian is impressively dumb.
>>
>>56356101
Still better than Edison.
Edison was just a patent troll, he hasn't invented anything himself.
>>
>>56356131
>>56356226
Who even mentioned Edison? What has he to do with anything?

Tesla had received enough funding and money. The reason he went bankrupt is because he sucked at managing it and was never able to deliver the marvelous inventions he claimed.
>>
>>56355666
Enjoy your destroyed retinas.
>>
>>56356226
I hope you're just trolling and not actually this ignorant.
>>
I like wires. They need to be kept tidy, but the wireless meme is ruining technology because normies think it's important.
>>
>>56356101
Good post.
Fuck Tesla conspiracyfags.
>>
*sniff sniff*
Smell that? That's the smell of a fresh shit the charging cable industry took on your head.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.