[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I fucked for life if I ever had a facebook account? I had

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1470668316588.jpg (27KB, 320x400px) Image search: [Google]
1470668316588.jpg
27KB, 320x400px
Am I fucked for life if I ever had a facebook account? I had one for like 3 years starting from 2010 but I deleted it because I never used it for anything. Am I forever part of the botnet? Pic unreleated
>>
You're only really liable if you keep updating it with information. One of my best friends is a furfag, lists all of his jobs, including the current one, all his sex partners, and all of his emotional drama. So again it's like literally a free tool anyone could use to anonymously ruin your life. If you stopped using it in 2010, nobody can know anything that was posted after that time.

It's perfectly acceptable to have facebook/etc which is just a landing page with your name and the information you want someone to find, and only rarely updated to seem like you haven't abandoned it. This is more important for journalist jobs or public relations which having used these services would be a bonus and not for most /g/ related stuff.
>>
>tfw deleted mine in 2012

>>56348496
they retain all that data forever, but you can fool them to some extent by removing all info from your profile and changing your name before you delete it

if its already been 3 years since you've deleted yours, i would not recommend logging back onto it to do this, as it would then show that you're obtained enough awareness to have the incentive to remove information
>>
>>56348740
I was a teenager in high school at the time and I look very different now so it's not the end of the world, I never posted anything particularly embarrassing either it's just the idea of being part of the database that unnerves me. Oh well, my name has also been changed since then so I guess it's fine
>>
>all my edgy euphoric atheist wake up sheeple posts

damn...
>>
Probably almost everyone around you uses Facebook, so they intentionally or unintentionally give your data to them, which makes Facebook have a profile on you regardless of whether you opened an account of them.
Look up "shadow profiles".
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.