[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can't solar panels work at night?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: solar.at_.night_[1].jpg (517KB, 648x649px) Image search: [Google]
solar.at_.night_[1].jpg
517KB, 648x649px
Why can't solar panels work at night?
>>
gee anon i dont' knwo
>>
>>56343085
this desu, why dont they make lunar panels? fucking dumb world.
>>
>>56343133
actually...
http://inhabitat.com/solar-panels-work-at-night/
>>
>>56343133
>ment to type desu
>typed desu
fug
>>
>>56343150
shit what the fuck
im trying to type t b h
>>
>>56343164
Hi, newguy.
>>
Sky is approximately a black body and a lambertian source of energy. During day the sky is at an "infinite" temperature that is higher than the panels surface, because the sun is irradiating the atmosphere.
During night the sky reaches really low temperatures, so the panels surface is colder. the energetic exchange is only possible if the entropy variation is negative, but this is not the case since the energy would be going from a relatively cold object to a warmer one.
I can mathematically prove this if you wish
>>
>>56343133
>>56343150
>>56343164
shit u found bug
lol rawr :3
>>
>>56343164
Kill yourself newfag.
>>
>>56343218
I need to add that the atmosphere temps might be still warmer than the panel so some energy exchange might be possible
>>
>>56343202
>>56343245
>falling for bait
im not sure who the newfag here is.
>>
>>56343085

But they do! Only a handful orders of magnitude less than during the day. Not sure if your invertors can work with it (probably not).
>>
what if we discovered a nocturnal alien civilization that has moon panels but they don't work during the day

we could create a hybrid technology that produces energy nonstop
>>
>>56343085
They do if you expose them to enough light. Point a lamp on it, it charges over night.
>>
AHAHAH THEY DON'T KNOW THERE'S NO MOON LIGHT, IT'S ACTUALLY SUN LIGHT REFLECTED BY THE MOON.
>>
>>56343337
wait, if i connect a solar panel to a lamp, and the lamp gives light to the panel, will i have infinite light?
>>
>>56343385
WHAT
what the hell
wtf
>>
File: Glasses pull.gif (560KB, 262x200px) Image search: [Google]
Glasses pull.gif
560KB, 262x200px
>>56343337
>>56343386
>>
>>56343395
TEACH YOUR COMPUTA WITH DEEP LEARNING, MAKE IT READ A BOOK OR SOMETHING ! LMAO LOL
>>
>>56343386
Obviously, but you need to surround it with mirrors just to make sure no light escapes. I generate enough power to charge my cellphone twice each day. Obviously I don't need to do that so I just reroute half the power gained.
>>
what powers a mirror
>>
and if you had a ball made of mirror on the inside and you put a lit candle inside the ball (it's a big ball ok) what would it look like inside
>>
>>56343495
Mirror is a passive element, like an isolator.
>>56343508
Depends where you're looking from.
>>
>>56343085
Union laws have provisions against it.
>>
>>56343508
http://petapixel.com/2011/12/02/trippy-photos-shot-using-a-box-made-with-mirrors/

Enjoy.
>>
>>56343495
i think electricity, you can see yourself in it when u plug it to the wall
>>
>>56343085
they do work at night
but our efficiency is not good enough to harvest the magical sungnomes that travel from the moon
>>
>>56343085
>Why can't solar panels work at night?
They can't process the cheese beams which radiate from the moon.
>>
Tbh Tbh desu
>>
At night I use a solar panel and a telescope to steal power from my neighbor's lights. They haven't noticed.
>>
>>56343085
Because.
>>
>>56343385
wtf i hate the moon now
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.