[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

high pitched noise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: db.jpg (146KB, 615x742px) Image search: [Google]
db.jpg
146KB, 615x742px
/g/oonies, anybody else here ever heard a whine/high pitched noise coming from you laptops when on battery? is this bad?

it is not an hdd, nor is it the fans, i am at a loss

yes, ive googled, but all ive come up with is stupid idiotic suggestions
>>
>>56338126
Likely inverter whine. Google it.
>>
Intel's speedstep varying the CPU's frequency and power requirements causing the whine. It's a 'design feature', get used to it. Those who have an Intel CPU and can't hear it - congrats, your fucked up hearing is a blessing.
>>
File: db2.jpg (64KB, 400x391px) Image search: [Google]
db2.jpg
64KB, 400x391px
>>56338230
so it's (hopefully) not a capacitor dying? or a fucked up battery?

I do have quite good hearing, damn it
>>
>>56338126
>>56338298
Dump that shit baby gurl
>>
File: tumblr_m7px0yFJnb1ryxg8go2_500.jpg (61KB, 496x370px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m7px0yFJnb1ryxg8go2_500.jpg
61KB, 496x370px
>>56338230
>tfw I have great hearing, and tinnitus, so I can hear the never ending screechy whine in my ears, along with the high pitch noises electronics make.
>>
>>56338506
Same here, you get used to the constant ring tho. Bothered me more when I was younger. Just keep your mind occupied and you won't notice.
>>
>>56338126
That's just your semen screaming while dieing a horrible death, nothing to worry about
>>
>>56338230
Not all computers with Intel CPUs have coil whine. I have good hearing and can easily hear coil whine and have heard it in many computers and all kinds of other electronics, power supplies, etc. but my MacBook Air is dead silent.
>>
>>56338525
Really depends on the day, and my mood, I can go all day without paying attention to it, but if I just wanna sit and chill, it sometimes drives me straight to depression.
>>
Tinnitus
>>
>>56338586
I only started hearing it after I replaced the hdd for an ssd, so in all the silence, there is the whine
>>
>>56338126
It's most likely coil whine. It shouldn't be an issue in terms of shit breaking, just annoying.
>>
>>56338678
Yeah I had a similar experience when I replaced loud fans with quiet ones in my old desktop. Suddenly I could hear a shrill whine which was coming from the motherboard coils.

My MBA really is virtually silent though. There's simply no other noise to cover up any whines.
>>
If Intel CPU poke around with speedstep/power saving options, test by pulling power adaptor from laptop.
>>
>>56338741
I have it set to balanced, when I remove the adaptor, the whine sets in, when I plug it back, the whine disappears, the fans are clean, there is no HDD

now that you mention it, I used to run it when plugged, on high performance, and when on battery on energy saving mode+battery saving mode
>>
>>56338506
Try having a monitor that whines every other second when its obnoxious blue LED blinks in standby mode, and then when you turn it off to stop the whining it just whines constantly.
>>
Shit's common.

>tfw always buy any electronic shit from stores I know I can send back with no hassle in case it has some kind of whine

Literally can't handle it. Last laptop I bought squealed like a bitch constantly under any load. Sent it back.

>tfw when my gpu is under maximum load i hear squealing through my headphones

kill me
>>
>>56338506
This. I have returned or thrown out so many electronic products for making high-pitched whines. I am so glad the age of CRT is over. High pitched noises seem to interact with the tinnitus. Just the wrong pitch is kinda painful.
>>
>>56339589
CRT wasn't so bad though. I found CRTs to just be a mild annoyance at best and could block them out.

The problem is a lot of monitors and TVs these days have a high pitch squeal from them that's annoying as shit. The worst is when it changes pitch with what's displayed on screen. Sometimes it's a known issue across ALL of a single line and a lot of people don't care I don't understand.

Man, TVs with speakers that constantly give off a loud HISS piss me off too.

A lot of mice give off a high frequency noise.

>tfw this isn't something any company gives a fuck about so there's no company that aims to sell you products that don't have issues like this so I have to look like a jerk taking 50 things back to the store or sending them back etc.
>>
>>56338126
Battery is fucked, I used to have battery drill batteries that did exactly the same when charging.
>>
>>56339805
even though it lasts almost as long as it did on day 1?
>>
>>56339706
It fucking sucks, most people are deaf to these noises, my studio monitors hiss, so I have to turn them off if I'm not playing audio, I can hear my screen whine at times, the ticking of case fans, the whine from electrical socket inputs, ect... Fuck tinnitus, fuck shitty electronic components.
>>
>>56338126
Whats your laptop?
>>
>>56340254
My audio amp has a bit of a background hiss but that kind of thing doesn't bother me nearly as much as high frequency whines. Coil whine drives me insane.
>>
>>56340273
acer V5-573G-54208G1.02Taii

I am painfully aware of acer's reputation
>>
>>56340312
>acer V5-573G-54208G1.02Taii

I worked with the windows version of these puppies it's always the CPU that's under load and doesn't get enough juice from the batteries or the bloody speakers that literally drop their magnets from the cup and get poor contact( they magnets aren't even glued lol).

You should get a new laptop.
There's no fixing up those fuckers.
One week I was replacing the hinges next week I was replacing the bloody Power plug.
>>
>>56340374
I know the quality is somewhat shady, even if the specs are rather decent. After fighting with it for so long, I kinda took to it, even replaced the hdd like mentioned and changed the network adapter for an intel one. Now I noticed the whine.

Rather disheartening.
>>
>>56340520
You replaced the hard drive with an SSD?
Samsung 840 Evo series are known for coil whine just in case.
Try removing both the new hard drive and or SSD and the Intel Network card to see if it goes away.

My bet is that you aren't getting enough juice to the laptop.
>>
>>56340568
its a kingston ssd, the whine was there before the network card, that much I know
>My bet is that you aren't getting enough juice to the laptop.
would this be an only-battery problem? I realise it's hard to diagnose without having the fucking thing in front of you
>>
>>56340761
Yeah pretty much, as I said try removing either the network card or the SSD to check.
Some SSD's actually produce alot of coil whine especially under Read and Write scenarios.

As for the power Unless you have a second battery or it doesn't show up when you plug i it in well you should be fine.
>>
>>56340793
I'll remove the ssd, and check if there's whine

now that you mention it, that might be why I could not hear whine with the old hdd
>>
>>56338126
Coil whine?
Do you have an AMD/ATI gpu?
>>
>>56338126
google coil whine
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.