[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

on a Nexus 5X, do I wait? Also Nougat thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: Screenshot_20160830-042958.png (268KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160830-042958.png
268KB, 1080x1920px
on a Nexus 5X, do I wait? Also Nougat thread
>>
>>56332560
Do it. Board the hype train!
>>
on a Nexus 5, do I wait?
>>
Most reviews I've seen have positives, few with battery issues.
>>
>phone shortlisted as one of those that will get marshmallow
>nougat released
>receive the marshmallow update the day after
I guess I will get Nougat about the same time Oreo comes out.
>>
>>56332762
Yeah, yer going to be waiting for a while there, homie.

I'm a little pissed I haven't gotten it on my 6P yet, I'm about to leave for Vegas on Wednesday and I know the update's going to drop when I'm on LTE and won't be able to DL it until I'm back home on WiFi.
>>
>>56332560
Unless you *really* need xposed, then go for it. Not sure why you would. A few battery issues as natural with any update, factory reset would fix

>>56332762
CM14 beta up already, with how much developers love that device you'll get stable in a few months
>>
Will getting this update remove my ability to root my phone? I'm holding off because I keep meaning to root it and don't want to lose the opportunity. I'm running a nexus 5x
>>
>>56332560
>Update size: 1171.5 MB

Holy fucking shit, fucking android nowadays is heavier than most linux distros.
>>
>>56333032
I meant one of the available 7.0 roms

>>56333107
The real CM14? Some were saying one of the roms just slapped CM14 in the name for some reason
>>
>>56334162
At this point CM14 is the same as AOSP, not really enough time for any changes to be made. I'd imagine the CM features will come soon.
>>
>>56333032
Enroll in the developer preview, get OTA immediately, unenroll without losing anything
>>
I refuse to update until xposed (and gravitybox) are functionali. Also, does anyone knows when allo drops?
>>
RIP 800 and 801 users
>>
>>56334415
What is cyanogenmod?
>>
>>56334434
If Qualcomm doesn't release drivers for the 800/801, where will Cyanogenmod get the drivers for it?
>>
>>56334484
Vulkan/OpenGL ES3.1 support/drivers aren't needed for Nougat unless you're an OEM. They'll just make roms without that feature. It's already on several phones with the 8000/801 and older...
>>
I am on a nexus 6

I am waiting for root support and for Casper support so I can keep saving snapchats of qts
>>
>>56334573
Using older drivers can result in bugs/crashes that will be harder to fix.
It will also be harder on the application side because your device won't support features that should be supported under your OS version.
>>
>>56334676
But only for OpenGL 3.1/Vulkan apps... A handful of games, none of which are released yet
>>
>>56332560

I signed up for the Beta just to make sure I got it sooner. I'm on 7.0 now and I like it.

It's not nearly as jarring as the last major upgrade.
>>
>>56334484
They can also use drivers for similar SoCs and modify them to be compatible. This is a lengthy process but once it's done it's done so hopefully there's someone out there who loves their N5 enough and Android enough to make it work for everyone else.
>>
>>56334604
How do you not get banned?
>>
File: scrnsht.png (128KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
scrnsht.png
128KB, 1080x1920px
>Android N easter egg
Show me your cats, /g/.
>>
>>56334895
Is the N easter egg game the same as Lollipop and Marshmallow with new sprites?
>>
>>56335075
no it's completely different
>>
>>56335075
No, now its a game about collecting cats. You choose a piece of food to leave out, and sometime later you get a notification that a cat arrived. If it's a new cat it gets added to your collection.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160830-084255.png (36KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160830-084255.png
36KB, 1080x1920px
>>56334895
>keep getting the same cats
>half the time the food does nothing
this is from a two days (unlocked bl two days ago)
>>
santhosh or bokrom for 7.0 nexus 5?
>>
I tried getting it from beta but got an error during installation
>>
Nexus 6p worth it to get still? Since new nexus phones will probably not be worth the price.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.