[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did people put up with LinkedIn? It's a fucking cancerous,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: CBpFkPaz.png (18KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
CBpFkPaz.png
18KB, 400x400px
Why did people put up with LinkedIn?

It's a fucking cancerous, narcissistic, ostentatious, twat farm for over educated big four types to shove buzzwords down one another's throats all day long.

It literally exists to highlight the difference between someone who can afford to do 5 different degrees with a doctorate in each, and then have the time to write 20 research papers accredited by their lecturers and other academics who proceed to place it on the shelf in the vain hope that it's used as a reference for other studies. Real world impact be damned.

If there was one platform to highlight the divide between rich and poor, LinkedIn is it.

Facebook is just the normie test, are they well adjusted psychopaths?

Twitter isn't even a requirement.

Most companies already require you to disclose some level of your grades from college. It's just a matter of time before they're measuring you on some point based level online before you've even joined. They probably already do.

Honestly it's a bit late to do much about it now, but if there's one fucking tumor I could remove from the world if I had the power it'd be this website.
>>
>>56325954
>It literally exists to highlight the difference between someone who can afford to do 5 different degrees with a doctorate in each, and then have the time to write 20 research papers accredited by their lecturers and other academics who proceed to place it on the shelf in the vain hope that it's used as a reference for other studies. Real world impact be damned.

Don't those people only get certain jobs relevant to the things they've done?
>>
>>56325954
I just use it as a CV desu. And if you make lots of connections you can trick potential employers in to thinking you're sociable.
>>
The whole connections thing is kinda pointless, pretty much anyone accepts you as a connection even if you don't know them

And the endorsements thing is just an arbitrary circlejerk
>>
it's for people who work for a living, not you, OP.
>>
File: 1392958975568.png (516KB, 872x720px) Image search: [Google]
1392958975568.png
516KB, 872x720px
I hate LinkedIn for the simple reason that it harvests people's contacts then sends them spammail in their name.

Out of all the social websites this one always seemed the most trashy to me. Which is ironic because it's the only one aimed at "professionals" with a worthwhile purpose.
>>
>>56326039

Not really, I've seen people who've done engineering degrees just shoved into financial managerial roles. People who've done doctorates in Biology and mico-bio just being put into financial services roles.

If you've got a masters or doctorate you seem to be completely free to take whichever role you feel like regardless of your degree.

It seems like a massive popularity contest to me, good luck finding an unattractive person too.
>>
>reeeeeee i don't like website it's a bad website on internet reeeeee
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.