[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

All things /Crypto/ Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (13KB, 283x178px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
13KB, 283x178px
Jobs
Discussions
etc.
>>
>>56321615
Crypto my DICK, you FBI nigger
>>
encryption is for pedos
/thread
>>
>he didn't buy all the monero he could with his life savings

Laughing@you
>>
what is the aversion to crypto here?
>>
Has anyone here done the Cryptopals challenges? I'm on section 1 project 6.
>>
>>56321615
ZoL crypto when?
>>
>>56321615
Anyone studying crypto?

I started studying the math behind blockchain recently.
>>
/g/ has always been a place for tech consumerism and college level programming. If you want to discuss netsec/infosec/crypto stuff you are terribly wrong here.
>>
>>56324469
I've been fucking around with XOR. I'm gonna start learning a bit about aes pretty soon.
>>
tfw you'll never be as good at crypto as DJB is :(
>>
>>56324469
I took a crypto class as part of my advanced CS curriculum last semester.

I've also studied the maths behind blockchain too, it's pretty awesome. (And one of my favorite crypto-concepts)
>>
Any thoughts on what the impact of the various post-quantum algorithms is going to have? - McEliece/Goppa, Ring-LWE/NewHope, NTRU/NTRU Prime, SIDH, possibly also the hash-based signatures like Lamport-Merkle and SPHINCS-256?

The structure of many of them is so different we can't just drop them in existing constructs - interactive key exchanges, that kind of thing (save for SIDH).

>>56324469
Who even coined that meme name for it?

>>56324389
>>56324493
Well, you might not be wrong, but it's worth a few tries.

>>56324497
Use AEADs, not old block cipher modes. Never deploy anything you've designed yourself without at least one peer-reviewed proof in the standard or random oracle model.
>>
>>56325418
>Use AEADs, not old block cipher modes. Never deploy anything you've designed yourself without at least one peer-reviewed proof in the standard or random oracle model.
Nice meme. This guy just started studying fucking one-time cipher and you're already bringing up probabilistic Turing machines and indistinguishability circuit.
>>
>>56325548
Those have nothing to do with what I posted.

As he's looking into AES soon, I'm simply suggesting that if he's going to actually create any software which uses cryptography, use well-tested authenticated encryption primitives that people who know what they're doing in the field have designed, and don't cobble anything together yourself.

If you're experimenting then sure, use whatever and have fun, then have even more fun breaking it. (And don't get cocky just because you can't, because that's the usual next phase.)
>>
>>56321615
I'm curious, can encryption be done for sms if you tried? Most apps I've seen hasn't bothered to do it
>>
/g/ approved trusted peer reviewed libraries/applications?
>>
>>56326341
Didn't CyanogenMod have some kind of encrypted and option?

You could always encrypt your messages with GPG.
>>
>>56322262
>You thought it was a meme so u only poured 30bucks
>>
best crypto/foss videochat app ?
>>
>>56321615
>All things /Crypto/
Ok recommend me some material/books for beginners.
I have mind for math and programming so catching up wouldnt be a big problem.
No bully.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.