[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Music

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

File: 1467512634092.jpg (169KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1467512634092.jpg
169KB, 1024x768px
Where do you guys get your music? I like keeping mp3 files, not a big fan of music streaming.

I used to use 4share and lime wire back in the day. Now I gotta rely heavily on youtube converters.
>>
bandcamp
>>
File: moebius2.jpg (161KB, 500x410px) Image search: [Google]
moebius2.jpg
161KB, 500x410px
daily routine :
put youtube links in a text file all day long
fire up : 4k video downloader
smart mode : ON
let it download and convert all night.
>>
>>56316295
>mp3
ECH
>>
WireShare
SoulSeek
aMule/eMule
RetroShare
>>
>>56316988
this is too autistic to be real
>>
what.cd :^)
>>
>>56316295
>mp3 files
>shitty youtube quality audio
Literal Pajeet level shit
>>
>>56319210
Not everyone has studio level hardware to care about audio quality faggot
>>
at least use youtube-dl to grab the original aac/vorbis/opus streams off of youtube, don't convert them again
>>
>>56319229
Youtube audio quality is really shit though, you don't need no expensive earphones to notice the difference
>>
>>56316295
I buy the cds and then rip them to my hard drive
>>
File: 1472083038336.png (561KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1472083038336.png
561KB, 1500x1000px
what.cd
>>
private trackers or WEB-DL ripped with youtube-dl from a variety of sources (soundcloud, bandcamp, youtube).
>>
>>56319386
s/web\-dl/webrip
>>
>>56319258
you need a brain tho, which pajeets dont actually have
>>
mikudb
>>
What.CD and slsk.
>>
What.cd
/mu/ links
Whatever else is convenient and has quality rips.
>>
Songr
Prostopleer
Junglevibes
>>
/mu/ archive
Rutracker for discographies
>>
>>56319258
Youtube audio quality is 320kbps on HD files faglord.
>>
>>56320345
That doesn't mean it is good quality
I can for example take a 144p video and upscale it to 1080p
Now I have a 1080p video that looks like shit
The same applies for audio
>>
Amazon
Microsoft Store
>>
deezloader
>>
this>>56320604

pleer.net
mp3.li
myzuka
>>
>>56316295
Soulseek mane it's convenient af
>>
>>56316295
I buy CDs and rip them.

>no DRM
>physical copy and FLAC copy
>never any wear on the media itself as its read only once
>collection looks neat in my apartment
>artists get pennies instead of fractions of pennies
>easy to input metadata from the booklets if scrapers don't find anything

Plus I re-listen a fuckton and seek new music very slowly so it works out perfectly.
>>
>>56324666
Is soulseek like newsgroups where you need a provider and a subscription and shit?
>>
Rutracker
>>
>>56319229
So I take it you fucking love YIFY? If I was a poorfag or just someone without taste, I would at least treat myself to properly encoded 320kbps/V0 MP3s and 480p Bluray rips. Not Youtube YIFY trash.
>>
>>56316295
>mp3
Is this 1998?
>>
What
Spotify
Bandcamp
My local record shop
>>
>>56324748
Sounds pretty reasonable.

I listen to music with Apple Music as of a couple of days ago. Works alright from what I can tell.

Still have a pretty large collection, mostly torrented on what.cd, which I'll probably maintain, just like Apple Music for the convenience on my phone.
>>
>>56316295
Download Songr
>>
rutracker is fantastic for lossless music
>>
>>56316988
Please tell me you at least webscrape and filter into that text file..
>>
>4share
Shit, I used to use this all the time. Completely forgot about it though.
Nowadays I use deezloader, same as >>56320604
It's easy to setup and convenient as fuck.
>>
Getting ddl links for music is quite easy, but does anyone know of good ddl methods for shows/movies?
I prefer not to torrent if I don't have to.
>>
File: murfie.png (2KB, 244x92px) Image search: [Google]
murfie.png
2KB, 244x92px
>>56324748
I agree CDs is a pretty good option. Personally I've moved on to Murfie.com, which has most of the advantages plus a few more like:
>No need to rip the music yourself
>All music accessible on the cloud from your mobile device
>Can trade or sell discs you don't like from your collection without having to individually ship it.
>>
>>56316372
This or Soundcloud
>>
File: Muh YT Gui.png (116KB, 788x750px) Image search: [Google]
Muh YT Gui.png
116KB, 788x750px
I wrote a pretty handy GUI wrapper for youtube-dl.exe, so I can download music (or even videos) extremely quickly from youtube, soundcloud, and whatever platform youtube-dl.exe supports.

Works for whole playlists too. I wrote it in C# and I've been adding little things to it over the years.

I use it almost every day to get new music and rate it. Combined with foobar2000, it's the ultimate tool to get and rate new music so I have quick access to it.
>>
File: Foobar2000.png (26KB, 652x543px) Image search: [Google]
Foobar2000.png
26KB, 652x543px
>>56332433
And this is how my foobar2000 setup looks like. I can filter by rating, which is awesome.
>>
>>56332433
>I built this overly-complex interface to download shitty-quality music from youtube.
>3.7.2.0
Seriously, how many fucking versions to get to this?
>>56332476
>I can filter by rating
Okay... I guess? Why would you ever choose to listed to search by a rating below, say 4 stars?
>>
>>56332476
I never understood ratings in music players

Why the fuck would you keep a song that you "rate" two out of five stars?
>>
>>56332545
>>I built this overly-complex interface to download shitty-quality music from youtube.
I've never claimed to be one of those pretentious music audiophiles. Youtube's quality is enough for me, it's also a cheap and quick way to get new music.

> Seriously, how many fucking versions to get to this?

What do you care? It's a personal tool of mine, so I decide how I increase the version.

>Okay... I guess? Why would you ever choose to listed to search by a rating below, say 4 stars?
I use my own rules. 1 star is crap. 2-4 stars is how good I find the music, 5 stars has a special meaning to it.

>>56332550
> Why the fuck would you keep a song that you "rate" two out of five stars?
If I get sick of 4 stars music, I listen to the 2-3 stars music to get a break from it.
>>
>>56332433
neat, mind posting the code? I'm curious to look through it.
>>
>>56319229
It's not about being an audiophile, music converted from YouTube is often evidently lower in terms of audio quality. Volume is lower, for example..
>>
>>56316295
>>56316295
Try @vkmusic_bot on Telegram, I always find at least one 320kbps song I'm searching for.
>>
>>56332644
why not find more 4 and 5 star songs? for the most part, I would listen to a 1 or 2 star song once and then delete it, and the only reason I would search for those songs would be to delete them.
>>
>>56332748
Yeah well, finding really good music is hard.
If a song is shit, I need to rate it 1 star, so I know I've "processed" this song once already and never have to listen or download that shit again.

2 star songs are "good, they are worth listening to"
3 star songs are "great, love them"
4 star songs are "fucking perfect" (there's really few of them)

5 stars, as I said, is not about how good a song is, it means the song has a special meaning to it. I have about 90 of those. I do not put them into a seperate playlist file, because that playlist file can get lost or deleted or whatever.

The good thing about the stars is, they get embedded directly into the mp3 tag of the music file itself and are basically forever, if you don't delete the mp3 file, that is.
>>
>>56332720
its dead, dude
>>
>>56332649
Am to lazy for that desu
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.