[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PC Question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: bottom2.jpg (98KB, 770x496px) Image search: [Google]
bottom2.jpg
98KB, 770x496px
Will buying a sound card eliminate the hissing / buzzing noise I get in my recordings from the on board sound?
>>
it can. what is the audio source?
>>
>>56315206
Not really, its your house electrical wiring grounded?
How is your setup? Draw a diagram
>>
Well to elaborate more, it's the microphone giving me a hissing noise when I do recordings. If I disable the mic, or mute it, nothing comes through. So I was thinking it could probably be interference with my on board sound card.
>>
>>56315206
You can remove the hissing with software.
>>
Get an external sound card that connects to the PC over a digital medium like optical or USB.
>>
Gonna borrow this thread. I don't have hissing issue but it seems like there's no sub-bass on my current onboard sound card. Is there a way to improve sound quality without buying a whole external DAC/AMP?
>>
Sound cards are a meme, the hissing noise is causes by all the shit going on inside your PC, sound card still in inside the PC. Just get an external DAC which will be away from your PC.
>>
File: fasttrack_mkii-3qtrltsl.jpg (250KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
fasttrack_mkii-3qtrltsl.jpg
250KB, 1000x667px
tbqh family if you want to do recording you should really invest in an external audio interface.
>>
>>56315569
Do this. Or start to investigate your current noise problems. LIkely what you're going will do the same with a sound card. If you're using a mic, use one that's usb. The nature of your question suggests that you should get something that's oriented pretty closely to what you want to do.
>>
File: genius.jpg (92KB, 1600x1165px) Image search: [Google]
genius.jpg
92KB, 1600x1165px
>>56315505
>>
>>56315728
install 18" subwoofer
>>
>>56315771
>people actually believe this
Shitty USB controller will hiss like shit too.
>>
If you system isn't grounded it will hiss, I was confused for the longest time as to why my laptop would hum sometimes.
>>
>>56315206
Generally, yes, sound cards don't have the problems of limited space motherboard designs with dirty power or crosstalk, they have their own power filters and generally higher quality DACs.
If you are going for an external one, go for the really high end, cheap USB ones are no better then onboard, better yet if it has its own controller board.

There's nothing much you can do about fixing on board audio if you already have a wired ground and good PSU, mostly a good motherboard or USB DAC will have sufficient quality audio for the average user.
>>
>>56319033
I remember touching the shielding on the USB port of my laptop and the hiss would go away, kek.
>>
When it comes down to it depends on what you want to do and how many channels you want best
Recommended to get an external soundcard although you can get internal ones that have shielding
from electronic interference and also can depend on what mics you run as cheap mics sound like shit but you can run software to clean them up
>>
File: SB1000-taglio.jpg (58KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
SB1000-taglio.jpg
58KB, 650x650px
>>56315206
Yes, absolutely yes. Get a simple audio card like Scarlett Solo which is perfect for this kind of thing
Do you have active soeakers or passive + amp?
Or really memey aux speakers?
>>
>>56315206
all you need

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/MUSE-AUDIO-X5-MINI-HIFI-USB-DAC-PCM2704-SOUND-CARD-BOARD-BLACK-COLOR/1500794683.html?ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_7,searchweb201602_3_10057_10056_10065_10055_10054_10059_10058_10017_107_10060_10061_10052_414_10062_10053_10050_10051,searchweb201603_2&btsid=3212dfdf-3f0b-4adf-8d42-d870d6f7ab76
>>
>>56319602
Topkek, no, even 2003's onboard is better.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.