[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dead IT Fields

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: 600px-ArcherS6E4PPK1.jpg (62KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
600px-ArcherS6E4PPK1.jpg
62KB, 600x338px
What parts of the IT profession are and are not dying? I have been studying for awhile to get my A+ Certification and possibly go for CCNA but Im not sure if Im wasting my time. Is there any sector with a future in which I can easily get good job? Or should I just start with programming and only programming?

I am almost 26 years old and need to act fast. I just don't want to waste time and money going for wrong certificates down the wrong path.

https://youtu.be/4Av9CI-_CSY

Eli Vid for reference, I have watched it already but would like second opinions on what IT job jobs will be gone and antiquated soon.
>>
File: 1471960112430.jpg (27KB, 350x473px) Image search: [Google]
1471960112430.jpg
27KB, 350x473px
mfw A+ cert
>>
>>56314649
No one knows what the future holds but you're going to see less tech departments and more tech contractors.
>>
File: 1467061808911.png (320KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1467061808911.png
320KB, 500x375px
Bump
>>
Is web dev gonna die?
What is the future of the Internet?
Are they going to get put under by places like square space?
>>
>>56314649
AI and neural networks. All the low level programming jobs will be replaced by machines which can write code.
>>
>>56315510
web dev is dying already
it's already an average wage job where i am
javascript has money in it but only if you're exceptional
>>
>>56315510
The organised web will die very soon in favor of apps. (We are moving back to hieroglyphics and there is nothing you can do about it.)

As for OP i'm going IT security route and you can never make fucking security obsolete.

At l-least I hope not.
>>
File: 1471997437707.jpg (307KB, 911x911px) Image search: [Google]
1471997437707.jpg
307KB, 911x911px
>>56315568
Like anyone would trust someone who goes on 4chan to secure their network.
>>
>>56315568
i work in security, there are plenty of paths to take so finding a job should not be hard. i had to turn down offers coming out of school
>>
Did you just lost 2hour of your time listenning to OP's video ? Jesus...

Just learn how to program. The easy path is to learn PHP and javascript. Then you can learn ruby and python. Then you can learn C and C++. All good languages that will still be in use in the future.
>>
>>56315553
Hmmm that's troubling. Well I'm just now learning javascript so... Guess I'm fucked.

>>56315568
Fucking apps... God I hate that shit. No papa john's I don't want your fucking app I'm not that fat!
>>
>>56315619
Infosec is growing. Help desk, generic win admins, and stuff like that are being outsourced or trimmed down.
>>
So why do all these jobs have gigantic market growth statistics?
>>
>>56315619
$300k starting
>>
>>56315861

What certs does one need for infosec?
>>
>>56316424

Anyone? I need to know
>>
>>56316794
go to a good school. preferrably one that gets money from the nsa
>>
>>56315543
AI is a pipe dream and a computer will never be capable of anything truly random or original.
>>
>>56314649
you're wasting your time. study welding or take up a trade
>>
>>56317309
I would not recommend welding. The caveat being you learn how to TIG weld sanitary stainless steel pipe. If you go to school to learn that then by all means do welding.

However a lot of welding jobs are in shitty areas, in shitty working conditions, for not great pay. Im talking $15 an hour. After you put a lot of time in you may get up to $20. A lot of it will be contract work meaning your hours won't be guaranteed. It is also rough on your body. You will be inhaling fumes and most of the time you won't be given a respirator. At the end of the day you will blow your nose and your snot will be black. Also you be in 100+degree weather wearing thick long sleeves all the time.

Source: I went to school to be a structural welder, i also worked at a steel mill where all of our welding work was done by contractors who could be laid off at a moments notice. It was usually 10 degrees hotter inside than it was outside. This was in the humidity and heat of the southeastern states.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.