[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's with the "Firefox sjw" meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 267
Thread images: 26

File: fox.jpg (11KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
fox.jpg
11KB, 225x225px
What's with the "Firefox sjw" meme?
>>
they spent over 10k dollars to rewrite their code just so it wouldnt include the word slave and fired their ceo because he didnt like faggots.
>>
>>56312310
reality. Look into it before posting this shit.
>>
File: 1471566171136-b.jpg (14KB, 371x461px) Image search: [Google]
1471566171136-b.jpg
14KB, 371x461px
>>56312430
>>
>>56312430
the ceo quit by himself
https://blog.mozilla.org/blog/2014/04/05/faq-on-ceo-resignation/
>>
>>56312612
after his entire staff turned on him because he donated to some anti-gay law 10 years back.
So guess what, the entire staff turn out to be SJW.

Anyway Firefox is dying, good fucking riddance.
>>
>>56312310
>meme
You are a fucking idiot
>>
>>56312653
>idiot
You are a fucking meme
>>
File: file.png (163KB, 843x545px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
163KB, 843x545px
reminder that Mozilla is
L I T E R A L L Y

considering this as their logo
>>
File: 146315718375.jpg (27KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
146315718375.jpg
27KB, 500x500px
>>56313578
>>
>>56313578

That is, strangely ingenious.
>>
>>56313629
I think it's super fucking retarded
>>
File: lololol.jpg (193KB, 426x282px) Image search: [Google]
lololol.jpg
193KB, 426x282px
>>56313578
>>
>>56313578
Bretty dope
>>
>>56313687
You're clearly not a graphic designer. It might look "bretty dope", but it's extremely shitty as a logo.
>>
>>56313637
You think as you are
>>
>>56312310
This board is full of /pol/ escapees and other retards who pollute every thread with their catchphrases.
>>
>>56313701
Would still be dope as an animation
>>
>>56312310
what is sjw? i googled and it only says social justice warrior..
>>
>>56313940
trigglypuffs
>>
>>56313805
>This board is full of /pol/ escapees and other retards who pollute every thread with their catchphrases.
This. They see normal human behaviour as "SJW Tumblr shit", and are pushing everyone else off of the board with their sperg-outs about how triggered they are.
>>
>>56312641

>Anyway Firefox is dying, good fucking riddance.

Firefox was the best of all the shit browsers out there, it's not saying much though. I can tell that some time in the near future, their new developers will do something full-blown retarded which would incite most of their users to abandon Firefox for good, but until then I see no good alternative to Firefox. All the alternatives seem to be niche forks and others are plainly just shit (Chrome).
>>
Name ONE thing firefox did right after the CEO got fired because muh political correctness

inb4 ES10, that was already being made
>>
>>56314030
firefox hasnt done anything right since 3.6
>>
>>56312641
desu all tech companies are infested by sjw's
>>
>>56314012
>Firefox was the best of all the shit browsers out there, it's not saying much though
>waahh browsers can't handle my 1000s tabs and some options no one cares about

Chromium and Firefox ESR work flawlessly.
>>
>>56312430
Are you fucking serious?
>>
They spent 50k for a 1 line in bash command.

It was replacing the word master/slave to a sjw friendly one.
>>
>>56313578
>L I T E R A L L Y
digging it
>>
>>56313510
>fuck

Idiot are a meming you
>>
>>56314454
Firefox is still shit and there are no good web browsers anymore.
>>
Firefox really rubbed after they went from the perfection that was 3.6 to the abomination that was 4.0 and then within like a year it's somehow at like version 40 and is a worthless Chrome clone that almost lost add on support.

Google has better engineers so there's no reason to waste time with Furryfox unless you're scared of the NSA

Firefox is going the way of Opera
>>
>>56315024
but the mobile version of firefox lets you install extensions including crucial ones like adblock, and I like using the same browser on my phone as my desktop so I can sync my bookmarks.
>>
>>56313940
It originated in the online social justice community, referring to keyboard warriors who get into internet arguments but don't contribute to any kind of real-world activism, and think anyone who doesn't 100% agree with their views on social justice is literally Hitler. The term spread outside of the social justice community and was initially used only for the really extreme members of the social justice community, but it was later adopted by the "alt-right" and anti-feminism crowd and ended up being used for anyone even slightly left of the speaker. (Ironically, this kind of attitude is basically the same as what "SJW" originally referred to in the social justice community).

Basically, a general definition of the term would be "someone who fights for social justice, but in a way the one calling them a SJW considers to be bad".

>>56314966
The only criticism of Firefox I've seen is that it's run by SJWs (which isn't even a criticism of the browser, but of the group that produces it, and it's not like the browser bans you from going to anti-gay websites). Whereas IE is just plain trash, and Chrome is botnet and uses too much memory.
>>
>>56315101
The only reason why chrome isn't doing is because they want the ad revenue.
>>
>>56313578
from the thumnail i thought it was a frog that grew a top hat and stood up with a cane
>>
>>56313805
>>56314000
Nigger
>>
if only palemoon could 100% trick every site into thinking it's the newest version of firefox

IDK if it's fixed yet but for a while netflix knew it wasn't firefox
>>
>>56312641
Well maybe he shouldn't have.
>>
>>56312430
>they spent over 10k dollars to rewrite their code just so it wouldnt include the word slave
yeah i'm sure that's 100% factual
>>
>>56314000
Yeah and for people who make fun of Tumblrinas for breakfast they sure get offended and pissy about everything all the fucking time. It's impossible to discuss any technology with them around if it's made by a company who hired a homosexual once or something. Everything that's not up its own ass with self-entitlement for being straight and white is a dangerous liberal mind virus to them.

I kind of hope all those people are unemployed. I can't imagine people like that "fitting in".
>>
>>56316857
It's true. Not even source code either, just tests and documentation.

https://blog.mozilla.org/blog/2015/12/10/mozilla-open-source-support-first-awards-made/

>Buildbot: $15,000. Buildbot is a continuous build and integration system which has been immensely valuable to Mozilla over the past few years. Their award will be used to remove the term “slave” from all documentation, APIs and tests, and also to make improvements so Buildbot works better in the Amazon EC2 cloud.
>>
>>56316909
Oh

I stand corrected. That's disappointing.
>>
>>56316909
>>56316931
I wonder if they could have purchased and freed Indian slaves with that money. That would have been a good call.
>>
>>56316941
Controlling the speech of others is more important than actually following the tenets of your cause.
>>
>>56317012
>Controlling the speech of others
What the fuck does this have to do with the slaves thing? Nobody was controlling anyone. They changed their code on their own initiative. Why do you alt-right freaks have to link everything to your Freedom of Speech™? It is not at stake just because people with different points of views have a right to express themselves.
>>
>>56317057
>strawman
>ad hominem

Sit the fuck down son.

Mozilla is allowed to do what they wish with their tests and documentation, that's obvious.

However, when simply using the word "slave" is worse than _actual_slavey_, maybe you should perform a little introspection and discover what you're really trying to fight for.
>>
>>56312310
There have been a few posts also on hackernews from senior devs who describe how the execs at mozilla just want to bleed it dry of cash.

They take more advice from the newly hired node.js fags than they do from their senior/core development staff.
>>
>>56317057
>there are no examples anywhere where a leftist individual attempts to control the speech of someone else in a technology or programming setting under threat of ostracization or mob harassment

Never happens. Complete alt-right fabrication.
>>
>>56317117
>when simply using the word "slave" is worse than _actual_slavey_,
I'm the one who made a point about that in the first place.

Now remind me how refactoring your code for a SJW cause hurts your freedom of speech?

>>56317157
> threat of ostracization or mob harassment
Those aren't threats to your freedom of speech. That's other people exercising their freedom of speech against you. Freedom of speech means the government can not act against you. But people are free to all think you're an asshole together if you say things that make you look like an asshole. That's your problem and it won't change just because you pretend to be a victim.
>>
>>56317200
>That's other people exercising their freedom of speech against you.

You heard it here first folks, harassment due to your failure to comply is simply freedom of speech.
>>
>>56317200
>Now remind me how refactoring your code for a SJW cause hurts your freedom of speech?

I didn't mention freedom of speech, you did.

I said it was controlling the speech of others, and it most certainly is as the individuals that enacted this change did so against the contributors who originally provided that language.

Is it within the rights of Mozilla to do so? Absolutely.
Are you being a huge twat trying to argue against a point I never made? 100%.
>>
>>56317200
Oh, right. The classic "I ask for empathy, but attack anyone I deem to be a """"""""garbage person""""""" because I'm special".

It's like the kid who said Shakespeare was sexist and said "even if it centuries ago, he didn't need to be an awful person".
>>
>>56317218
Harassment goes beyond the border, but that's a moot point to make if it's just about SJWs since alt-right fucktards harass people over opinions all the fucking time.

>>56317255
>as the individuals that enacted this change did so against the contributors who originally provided that language.
Yes they really violated the sanctity of those poor people's code by changing the word slave to a less offensive equivalent. They must have tore their shirt off when they learned about it.

>>56317264
Empathy is not entitled to you if you act or talk in ways that make people think you're an asshole.
>>
>>56317303
>Empathy is not entitled to you if you act or talk in ways that I disapprove of
>>
>>56317303
>Yes they really violated the sanctity of...

Not an argument. You concede that these changes were actually controlling the speech of others. Thanks.
>>
>>56317310
Yes. This is actually a fact. Nobody is owed empathy from others. It's something people are free to choose to grant to others and if you must respond to certain standards to obtain it, then that's that. Fucking deal with it you little whiny bitch.
>>
>>56317218
Not that guy, and I agree that most of these assholes would silence any and all dissent if they could. But if you, for example, say racist shit or anything else deemed inappropriate by society at large, they are perfectly free to disagree with you and it is no more a violation of your rights for them to shun and disagree with you than for you to say that shit in the first place.
>>
>>56317322
No I didn't. God you're insufferable. The code belongs to a project, not to people who write it. The people in charge of the project are the ones "speaking" the code, and they have a right to change it however they wish because they're the ones having to stand by it. The people who originally wrote the code have no "speech" at stake. Stop being an irrational little shit about this.
>>
>>56315652
>The only criticism of Firefox I've seen is that it's run by SJWs (which isn't even a criticism of the browser, but of the group that produces it, and it's not like the browser bans you from going to anti-gay websites). Whereas IE is just plain trash, and Chrome is botnet and uses too much memory.
Sadly, Firefox is dropping support for their old addons in favor of Chrome compatible WebExtension (as their previous addons don't work with multiple processes), which will kill addons such as Tree Style Tabs and Classic Theme Restorer. As they have already started supporting WebExtensions, it is possible that they could drop support for the old addons before the next ESR release, which is about 6 months away.

>>56313671
>not naming the picture lolololi
>>
>>56317326
You demand empathy from others, ridicule them if they do not comply, and yet also claim no one is owed empathy.

>>56317332
Merely disagreeing is one thing, organizing harassment against someone for disagreeing with you is another.
>>
Sjw swift Firefox when?
>>
>>56317342
>those poor people's code

You attributed the contributors to their commits in your previous comment.
>>
>>56317303
>Harassment is bad, but I'll look the other way if it happens to people I don't like

First they came for the jews...
>>
>>56317361
>organizing harassment against someone for disagreeing with you is another.
1. You do not have more examples of this occurring than there are examples of conservatards making harassment campaigns against alleged SJWs.
2. Let's talk real: If you defend bigotry, racism, homophobia and such shit that is actually responsible for ruined lives, suicides, drug addictions, psychiatric disorders, rampant poverty and crime, then you deserve to be given shit. Not all opinions are equal and yours are the opinions of an asshole. It's not just for fun that people get mad at bigots, it's because they spent their life eating shit or saw friends spend their life eating shit and they see you repeat the patterns that caused this in impunity while at the top of your persecution-free every day life. You basically have your head up your ass and getting berated is a way of asking you to pull it out. You still have the ever available option of shutting up if you are not okay with this but you choose not take it because the "victim of harassment" narrative is very appealing to you, and you want it to be "your turn" to be a victim because you see SJWs being victims and you want to tell mom "I have a booboo too give me attention! :((("
>>
>>56317414
I didn't say that. I said you can't attribute that to SJWs. It comes from both sides. There is a percentage of rabid idiots in every political faction and pretending that they don't exist in your side and that the other side is only that is special pleading.
>>
>>56317361
>You demand empathy from others, ridicule them if they do not comply,
Also, no I don't do that. I don't even know what you're talking about. Are you pretending that I'm a tumblrina from one of those screenshots in feminism threads on /b/? Respond to the things I actually say instead of putting words in my mouth.
>>
>>56317361
>You demand empathy from others, ridicule them if they do not comply, and yet also claim no one is owed empathy.
I believe they're talking about expecting others not be assholes and refusing to associate with assholes. There's nothing unreasonable about that.

>Merely disagreeing is one thing, organizing harassment against someone for disagreeing with you is another.
Organized disagreement and boycotts or refusal to associate with people =/= harassment. You can't legally force people to agree with you and support your views.
>>
>>56317417
>1. Harassment is okay as long as it is directed at the appropriate targets
>2. I don't like you so therefore you are a bigot.

I am immune to the default appeal to emotion bigotry argument by way of my sexual orientation.
>>
>>56317454
>Organized disagreement

Getting people fired from their jobs, sending them needles in the mail, calling them at all hours of the night, SWATting them, all in good fun I'm sure.
>>
>>56317417
>if you speak freely you deserve to be "given shit"
I agree people shouldn't go out of their way to be assholes but you are straight up advocating against pure freedom my man.
>>
>>56317468
>Getting people fired from their jobs, sending them needles in the mail, calling them at all hours of the night, SWATting them, all in good fun I'm sure
No but sending death threats and rape threats in masses is 100% ok though.
>>
>>56317431
>Harassment is bad, regardless of source or target.
>Your side started it.

Do you see the problem?
>>
>>56317481
But I didn't say that either did I?

In fact, I said harassment was bad and you attempted to redefine it.
>>
>>56317470
No. How is not getting shit for that you're saying freedom? You get shit because others are free to give it to you. If they can't give you shit for being a bigot, then they're less free than you are. Why would you be more free than others? What entitles you to this?

>>56317485
That's not what I fucking said. Are you doing this on purpose or what? Read my post again and try not to interpret it in a way that's convenient to your bias, like you're so used to do because you're a conservatard.
>>
>>56313578
>L I T E R A L L Y
>>
>>56317497
I am not the person you originally replied to who "redefined harassment". And they did not, they pointed out that you were twisting boycott campaigns into harassment. If we're talking about real harassment, then you only have a sample that's of the "anecdotal evidence" magnitude.
>>
>>56317503
>That's not what I fucking said.

Yes it is.

>Harassment goes beyond the border, but that's a moot point to make if it's just about SJWs since alt-right fucktards harass people over opinions all the fucking time.
>>
>>56317485
>>56317481
>>56317454
>>56317444
>>56317431
>>56317417
>>56317414
>>56317342
>>56317303
>>56317255
>>56317200
Do you realize
That everyone you know,
Someday,
Will die?
And instead of saying all
Of your goodbyes
Let them know you
Realize
That life goes fast
It's hard to make the
Good things last
You realize
That the Sun
Doesn't go down -
It's just an illusion
Caused by the world
Spinning 'round
>>
>>56317455
>I don't like you so therefore you are a bigot.
I didn't say that. I didn't say that. I did not say that. If you can't argue with me without putting words in my mouth, then I win by default.
>>
>>56317361
Sure, organizing harassment against someone is something most people would probably regard as ethically unsound. But if I think you are a cunt, and a large segment of society agrees, you are not being harassed. Still, I don't deny there are people who would silence an opinion they didn't like, but I don't think it's just politically incorrect opinions under threat.
>>
>>56317431
People get fired for not conforming to leftist views all the time. But when was the last time someone was fired for not conforming to right views? The scale of harassment is of different magnitudes. You can't equate them
>>
>>56317468
>Getting people fired from their jobs
Not harassment if it's from refusal to support a business.

>calling them at all hours of the night
Isn't appropriate

>sending them needles in the mail, ...SWATting them
>implying those aren't incredibly rare occurrences
>implying that's what people are even talking about here
>implying support of a larger cause means support of the incredibly small minority of people who commit crimes like that
>>
>>56317518
>they pointed out that you were twisting boycott campaigns into harassment

They deliberately redefined my usage of the word harassment, so I clarified with examples of the despicable behaviour to which I was referring. >>56317468
>>
>>56317520
OKAY READ CAREFULLY YOU FUCKING IDIOT

MY POINT WAS THAT SAYING BEING A SJW WAS ABOUT HARASSMENT IS WRONG.

BOTH SJWS AND ALT-RIGHTS DO HARASSMENT IN A CERTAIN PROPORTION. THEREFORE, SAYING HARASSMENT IS A SJW THING IS IGNORING THE HARASSMENT THAT ALT-RIGHT DOES AND EXAGGERATING THE HARASSMENT SJWS DO TO MAKE IT INTO A POLITICALLY SPECIFIC PHENOMENON WHEREAS IT'S A GENERAL PHENOMENON

HAVE I LEFT ANYTHING OPEN TO YOUR ANNOYINGLY PURPOSELY SELF-GRATIFYING BIASED TWISTED INTERPRETATION OF THINGS? DO I NEED TO CHEW ANY MORE WORDS FOR YOUR SLOW WIT TO SAFELY UNDERSTAND WITHOUT YOU CORRUPTING MY POINT LIKE AN IDIOT BECAUSE YOU CAN'T DO READING COMPREHENSION WITHOUT HAVING YOUR HAND HELD LIKE A FUCKING TODDLER?
>>
File: wtf.gif (1MB, 320x289px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.gif
1MB, 320x289px
>>56317555
holy shit calm down dude...
>>
>>56317555
The scale is different so it is appropriate to attribute harassment to SJWs.
>>
>>56317555
You seem triggered.
>>
>>56317528
Oh did you want me to say anything on the victim portion of your comment?

The only thing I am a victim of here is you calling me a bigot for disagreeing with you.
>>
>>56317535
People get fired for being racist or sexist assholes. This is not "not conforming to leftist views". This is "not conforming to a society where your colleagues feel okay around you". You can't be an asshole at work because people shouldn't have to deal with your bullshit just to be able to hold a job. But if you're not an asshole then nothing is stopping you from being a fiscal conservative, a libertarian, or even an outright bigot. In the latter case though, you have to keep your mouth shut because the people you're intolerant against ARE IN YOUR WORKPLACE and are entitled to not have to deal with your bullshit on top of having to do their job.

This is what I mean when I say not all opinions are equal.

Also there are people who lose their jobs or who can't hold a job for being overt socialists or anarchists, over being homosexual or transgender or even for having fucking tattoos. I don't even believe that you weren't aware of that. You just suppress facts that are inconvenient to you.

>>56317572
No, this is not okay. I had to submit like five posts just to make my point clear because this cunt keeps twisting my words on purpose. He's just like a fucking baby who needs me to carefully reword everything I say under the threat that he'll read it in the worst possible way. It's fucking insane.
>>
>>56317579
That's not a fact. That's just something you pretend is true because it makes your point valid. You have no data about this. All you have is your constant exposure to threads that hammer the same message about SJWs over and over again with screenshots of tumblr and reddit that you've seen a million times. Your actual understanding of the amount of shit that is made by both sides is pulled right from the middle of your ass.

I'd like you to explain to kids who get beat up and harassed on social medias to get them to kill themselves because they're suspected of being homosexual that you're a victim of those evil SJWs who try to get you fired only for the innocent "thought crime" of thinking women don't belong in your workplace or whatever idiotic bullshit you're claiming to be entitled to say without anyone daring to criticize you for it.

>>56317624
Well call fucking Amnesty International you poor thing.
>>
>>56317555
I understand that at this point in the argument, had my public identity been available to the thread, I would probably be subject to the SJW side of that harassment gradient.
>>
>>56317646
>Well call fucking Amnesty International you poor thing.

Did you have something else of consequence to add?
>>
>>56317646
>encouraging suicide via social media
No the only time where is is appropriate is when someone fails to draw a cartoon character fat enough.
>>
>>56317650
Please nigger, this is 4chan. If someone posted my phone number here my mailbox would get flooded with messages telling me to kill myself. What you're claiming is nothing short of a victim fantasy. A victim fantasy which I presume you regularly masturbate to because you just can't wait to finally be the victim so you can prove that the poor alt-right is oppressed by an evil society centered on disgusting tolerance and safety.

>>56317660
I am the last one between us two to have made a relevant point.
>>
>>56317637
>>56317646
Innocent people do get fired because of SJW harassment. Firefox is a prime example. Your whole post about people being assholes is meaningless. Please pay attention.

>harassed on social medias
That's the extent of your "alt-right" harassment. Telling people online to kill themselves. Leftists get innocent people fired. And you equate those. Amazing.
>>
>>56313578
Looks good
>>
>>56317668
>victim fantasy
I'd better start a tumblr, I've finally made it.
>>
>>56317637
Hyper-autism. I bet he was clenching his jaw and rearranging his glasses. Breathing all heavy and shit.

Calm down buddy, literally none of this matters
>>
>>56313578
Id love to hear what the rationale is
Guaranteed its some made up bulllshit to justify whatever the fuck that thing is
>>
>>56317676
>Innocent people do get fired because of SJW harassment. Firefox is a prime example.
Boycotts and organized disagreement are not harassment you double nigger.

>inb4 ridiculous claims that he resigned due to threats of violence or some other shit

>>56317694
Just more normalfag cancer.
>>
>>56317666
Strawman argument. I don't have to entertain that. Deal with your bullshit on your own.

>>56317676
>Innocent harmless teen kills themselves
>Compulsive fire starter who's supposed to be an "adult" but who can't even deal with having to work with women or darkies loses their job and has to find another one
>The latter is a much greater injustice.

No, I don't equate them. I think what SJWs do here is a lot less harmful.

Someone who is an overt homophobe has no place running a big corporation where homosexuals might be hired. It makes the environment toxic for them. If you're against butt fucking, keep it to yourself.
>>
>>56317646
Look at this guy, someone says "hey, harassment is bad, don't do it" and he outright assumes they think women shouldn't belong in the workplace.

Some deep projection there maybe?

At the very least incapable of imagining someone else with a different world view as anything other than a horrific monster strawman representing everything he despises.
>>
>>56317710
By your definition. By mine they are. If you have an authoritative source that would demonstrate my definition is wrong, please go ahead by all means. Otherwise I'm going to keep my definition.
>>
>>56317689
The very people who cause victims of actual abuse and violence have somehow managed to convince themselves that they're victims because they get called out for being assholes. This is an extremely dangerous phenomenon because it will just fuel bigotry.
>>
>>56317725
You're defending people who got harassed by SJWs. If they got harassed by SJWs, then they are probably bigots in one way or another.
>>
>>56317721
>If you're against butt fucking, keep it to yourself.
Why is it not okay for someone to create an environment without gays that other people who share his views would enjoy?
>>
File: 1470884552648.jpg (19KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1470884552648.jpg
19KB, 320x320px
>>56317637
>No, this is not okay
dude it's a random anonymous person on the internet

why are you so mad. calm down faggot. save the sob stories for tumblr.
>>
File: gayzonedanger.jpg (212KB, 650x400px) Image search: [Google]
gayzonedanger.jpg
212KB, 650x400px
>>56317721
Homosexuals are a danger to society though
The more we can do to keep them in the closet the better
>>
File: 1323635452001.png (6KB, 344x326px) Image search: [Google]
1323635452001.png
6KB, 344x326px
>>56317745
Oh my god. Are you seriously asking me why it's not okay to make a workplace where homosexuals can't get hired because they're homosexual?

And then you wonder why SJWs take the forceful route. You're too far gone to be talked into not being a degenerate caveman.
>>
>>56317721
>I think what SJWs do here is a lot less harmful.

Yes, telling teens to kill themselves over a body-positivity message (and them actually attempting it) is a lot less harmful than getting someone fired, I love how you completely disregarded >>56317666's comment to make this one here.
>>
>>56317745
The work place is not for opinions, it's for work. If you want to make a private no-homos-allowed club, do it on your own time.
>>
>>56317737
>If they got arrested, they're probably guilty of something
>>
File: 1470046565586.png (38KB, 499x338px) Image search: [Google]
1470046565586.png
38KB, 499x338px
>>56317726
>By your definition
By the legal definition.

>I consider simple disagreement with my world view and boycotting companies to be harassment
wat
>>
File: CpEXv1aVIAAXTd_.jpg (60KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
CpEXv1aVIAAXTd_.jpg
60KB, 1024x682px
>>56317759
>HOMOSEXUALS HAVE THE RIGHT TO BE ON ALL PRIVATE PROPERTY AND THAT'S FINAL!!!!
>>
>>56317759
It's more a case of why do you know they're a homo in the first place
>>
>>56317731
>go to school
>mind my own business for 12 years
>never fight or get in trouble
>get bullied but only verbally so they never got in trouble/stopped
>my skin thickened and they stopped
>everyone saying bullies are shitheads
>wonder why it is okay to hate them like everyone does
>my old bully shoots himself at 20
>he was tortured by a couple guys that were screwing his mom when he was a kid

Stop throwing around buzzwords like bigotry. Nothing is black and white and the best thing you can do is look out for yourself sometimes. I never got a sticker for getting A's while the shithead class got free ice cream every week for getting C's.

Things aren't fair. Ever.
>>
>>56317769
>workplace is not for opinions
>my opinion is its wrong to create "normal people only" workplaces
oh the irony
>>
>>56317759
I live in a country where it's a norm to discriminate against homosexuals. You going all Carl on me does not make for a good counter-argument.

>>56317769
It's my private business.
>>
>>56317772
And that's why it's always cool when a cop shoots a darkie right? :}}}

>>56317775
If it's a business, then yes, they do. A business is not a household.

You're honestly disgusting, dude. You think gays should be on welfare or begging in the streets just because they're gay and that's inconvenient for whatever irrational bullshit goes on in your mental theater. This is true self-entitlement.

>>56317776
Because living in the closet is no way to live.

You're able to talk about your relationships without having to hide whether they're with men or women. They get that entitlement too. If you have a problem with that, it's your hangup.
>>
>>56317776
see >>56317755
youll recognise them by the thier leather chaps and chains, becasue these are totally sane and healthy people
>>
>>56317769
>If you want to make a private no-homos-allowed club, do it on your own time.

like on my private property?
in my private business?
>>
>>56317791
>If it's a business, then yes, they do. A business is not a household.

doesn't understand how private property works.

>You're honestly disgusting, dude. You think gays should be on welfare or begging in the streets just because they're gay and that's inconvenient for whatever irrational bullshit goes on in your mental theater. This is true self-entitlement.

nice straw man
>>
>>56317785
Both those statements work with each other. You're so dense.

>>56317781
Same shit here. What's your point? Is your experience exactly as bad as it will get for anyone, especially homosexuals or transgenders? I fucking doubt it.

>>56317786
Too bad broseph we're making laws to make your bullshit illegal and if you're too dense to understand why it's important, then it's your problem, not society.

Eat shit for keeping homos in poverty. You'd deserve to get harassed and fired. You're causing a lot more harm than could ever come your way.
>>
>>56317799
>private property

There's no such thing, the government only grants you a license to utilize your property in accordance with local and national law, in addition to paying taxes.

Thus, that random dude can totally dictate what should happen on your property, because it belongs to the government, not you.
>>
>>56317811
>Too bad broseph we're making laws

I love leftists. So much.

BUT WE MADE A LAW
>>
File: Where-do-we-turn-these-in-at.jpg (56KB, 605x548px) Image search: [Google]
Where-do-we-turn-these-in-at.jpg
56KB, 605x548px
>>56317830
>>
>>56317806
>doesn't understand how private property works.
You don't understand how the real world works. If everyone is entitled to pick and choose what is okay to hire then there will be poverty strictly based on sexual orientation rather than the willingness to work and ability to do your job right and there will effectively be people who will end up in the streets for just being homos. How the fuck can you be so full of yourself that this seems right to you? What is wrong in your head?

This is a lot more important than your entitlement not to have "the gay" in your workplace. The consequences to you being allowed to be a bigot are a lot worse than the consequences of you not being allowed to be a bigot. Hence, your "freedom" to only hire straight people goes out the window because we have better things to do than keep people in the streets just because gays make you think of buttsex and that makes you go "eww that's gross lol"
>>
>>56317818
>There's no such thing as private property
just stop Anarchocuck

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homestead_principle

in the real world property exists and i have property rights.
>>
>>56317811
>if you're too dense to understand why it's important

It's for your own good, citizen.
>>
>>56317811
>Too bad broseph we're making laws to make your bullshit illegal and if you're too dense to understand why it's important, then it's your problem, not society.
>Eat shit for keeping homos in poverty. You'd deserve to get harassed and fired. You're causing a lot more harm than could ever come your way.
You lost the argument until you provide a counter-argument, something that isn't just a bunch of attempted personal insults.

Additionally your laws do not have effect in my country so I don't get why you're so smug about that either.
>>
>>56317830
>>56317840
What are you doing on a tech board? You're really too stupid to be here. Like, even for a conservatard I'm amazed by how full of shit and dumb you are.
>>
>>56317811
>same shit here
Stop appropriating my story

I don't give a shit how bad it gets for others. I could have the shit kicked out of me and while I would hope someone would step in I wouldnt count on it. Shit happens.

Maybe the next time you see a hate crime you could try something more than screaming "Are you kidding me?"

Open your eyes
>>
>>56317851
>in the real world property exists and i have property rights.

Stop paying your taxes and see how many of those rights you keep.
>>
>>56317857
I don't want to talk to you anymore. You're scum. I honestly feel sick just thinking about your previous posts and how disgusting you are.
>>
>>56317844
>The consequences to you being allowed to be a jew
>>
>>56317872
>are you kidding me??
>>
>>56317872
Well, the reason why you lost the argument is completely irrelevant to me. As long as you demonstrably lost it's all fine.
>>
>>56317863
>Stop appropriating my story
lol what? I was bullied as much as you. Fuck you if you don't want me to say it. You're trying to impress me with your testimony, but it's not impressive. You were barely """""bullied""""" and I don't give a shit. You can't speak for people who really got it rough.

I'm sorry the little moment you tried to create didn't have the theatrical mind blowing effect you meant for it to have. : ^)
>>
>>56317872
>I honestly feel
>feel

We do not care. Make your decisions based on facts and logic, not emotion.
>>
>>56317887
>I was bullied as much as you.
>my victimhood is social currency
>>
>>56317844
>if you let people discriminate based on sexual orientation all homos will be unemployed and mass starvation will occur.

oh ok i'm sure that's how it will work

>This is a lot more important than your entitlement not to have "the gay" in your workplace

oh it is? this whole argument is built on a slippery slope fallacy. please stop being stupid.
>>
>>56317865
read the link property exist with or without the government. lrn2rothbard kid.
>>
>>56317889
>>56317885
>>56317882

I don't have to argue with someone who is arguably a sociopath. They're not reasonable to begin with.

Also, what the fuck? Are you entitled to a response from me?

Your self-entitlement just keeps getting worse.

>>56317898
My point went way over your head. Read post again. I'm done rewording my statement for idiots who twist my words on purpose.
>>
>>56317887
NO, I WAS BULLIED MORE

Who has it rough then? Gays? Trannies?

What about the Kurds or the victims of Boko Haram?

You have such a small perspective typical of an SJW
>>
>>56317859
>You're really too stupid to be here.

Don't kid yourself, this is /g/ after all. Besides, I have a job, as a programmer even. You're probably in journalism school or something.
>>
File: ohahahahaha.gif (3MB, 700x285px) Image search: [Google]
ohahahahaha.gif
3MB, 700x285px
>all these mad SJWfox faggots ITT
Your shit browser is dead, deal with it
>>
>>56317917
>I don't have to argue with someone who is arguably a sociopath.

But you have been all night :^)

You have to, but it's not a requirement I've placed on you. It's yourself. You can't stand to let me have the last word.
>>
>>56317917
You keep saying you are done and then posting more.

Do you genuinely have autism? Maybe play up on that. See if the doctor can diagnose you with something else so that you can get more victim-bux
>>
>>56317917
>I don't have to argue with someone who is arguably a sociopath. They're not reasonable to begin with.
Well, you made a point on a public forum, someone got in an argument with you, and you clearly lost that argument. That's definitely damaging to your point. If you don't care about the point you made, yes, you don't have to argue. But otherwise, you have, even if your emotions are getting in the way of that. Don't forget, this isn't about you, this is about the point you made.
>>
>>56317917
>you have a mental disease
>therefore your opinion is worthless

Fucking harsh, dude. These people need help, not to be bullied even more
>>
>>56317901
>slippery slope
Wrong. It is based on Kantian morale.

Homosexuals need jobs as much as hetero sexuals. If you ban them from your business, you are saying that it is right to ban them from a business. Hence, it becomes right for all business owners to ban them, and they could just as well all be beggars.

You can't have a special moral right to do something thinking "it will be someone else's job to take care of the consequences". You're not more entitled to being a bigot than other businesses. If it's right for you to do something then it is right for everyone to do something. So, if you think it's right to forbid gays to be hired by your business, then you think it's right for them to starve in the streets. If you disagree, then you are just plain irresponsible. The kind of person who throws trash in the streets because someone else will pick it up, with no regards to the fact that if everyone did the same, it'd be unmanageably chaotic, or who thinks fraud is okay if they don't get caught, even though their wealth is preserved in big part due to people's unwillingness to steal.

In other words, you are demonstrably a self-entitled leech.
>>
>>56317417
back to ribbit
>>
>>56317950
You can't save a sociopath by tolerating them. They will use this as an opportunity to hurt you.
>>
>>56317917
>all this straw manning to save face.
>can't construct an argument.
>Carl the Cuck in Action

>Also, what the fuck? Are you entitled to a response from me?
>responds anyways

hahhahahah
>>
>>56317951
>bigot
>self-entitled

Yawn. Also the homo paragraph is fucking retarded for what should be obvious reasons
>>
>>56317951
>If you ban them from your business, you are saying that it is right to ban them from a business.

Oh, I get you now.
You think we should legislate morality. That if something is law, it is right, and that if something is right, it is law.

What is the difference between you and a theocratic? Only what you consider to be "right" I imagine.
>>
>>56317964
>tolerance is only for those I deem acceptable
>>
>>56317964
How the fuck are you going to be hurt by an anon on 4chan?

God you people beg for excuses to be wounded little victims

You would literally have been pruned from the evolutionary tree had you been born 5000 years ago
>>
File: chewbacca_defense.jpg (6KB, 250x184px) Image search: [Google]
chewbacca_defense.jpg
6KB, 250x184px
>>56317919
No you weren't dude. You said yourself that all the abuse you received was verbal. Like seriously, grow the fuck up. There are schools where the only kid who even comes close to being homosexual gets beaten up every day by psychopaths even if they didn't formally come out.

>What about the Kurds or the victims of Boko Haram?
>Literally the Chewbaca defense.
Wow. Didn't see that coming.
>>
>>56317951
>If you ban them from your business, you are saying that it is right to ban them from a business. Hence, it becomes right for all business owners to ban them, and they could just as well all be beggars.

???
>>
>>56317951
>Wrong. It is based on Kantian morale.
>it's not a slippery slope fallacy because I based it out of a philosophy book.

>by turning some down for a job YOU ARE LITTERALLY THROWING THEM IN THE STREETS AND KILLING THEM
>if we didn't have laws that said so 100% of homosexuals would starve on the street.

i get turned down for jobs being a white male all the time. It's better PR to be a nigger or fag. but yet i still make enough to live.... how the hell does that work???
>>
File: 1472013019226.jpg (27KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1472013019226.jpg
27KB, 500x500px
YOU'RE A FUCKING WHITE MALE
>>
>>56317981
lol. What? Tolerance is for nice people. Those who mean well and shit. Sociopaths don't mean well. That's pretty much the definition of their disorder. Don't be stupid.

>>56317973
... You are completely off the rails. This is funny because I'm trying to explain a basic ethical concept to you and you're so corrupt that it's completely unfathomable and you can't see the difference between that and tyranny. It really speaks of how far gone you are.
>>
>>56317994
>b-b-b-but the gheys

Hey man, guess what? I'm a non-white bisexual.

Stop being offended on my behalf.
>>
>>56317994
Holy shit you are dense

>literally

>"are you kidding me?"

Fags I grew up with stood up for themselves and didn't get bullied for long. Seems like you are too focused on their sexuality when there are other factors to consider. Perhaps there is something in your water supply that breeds psychos and complete pussies??

Quit being a bigot, bullies are usually victims themselves and teaching kids not to stand up for themselves is preparing them for a shit life down the road
>>
>>56318018
>i get turned down for jobs because I'm a fat bigoted incompetent slob
>It must be because I'm a white male
>>
>>56318035
>Hey man, guess what? I'm a non-white bisexual.
how is that relevant?
stop projecting
>>
I mean really
I mean wow, SERIOUSLY? Are you kidding me

I just
I can't
you are a bigot
>>
>>56318030
>Tolerance is for nice people. Those who mean well and shit.

And tolerance is also for our friends in Saudi Arabia, who perform honor killings and prevent women from driving. I'm sure they mean well too.

But fuck those people that dare to disagree with me on 4chan.
>>
>>56318035
And you grew up in a city where the worst you'd get is verbal abuse. Lucky guy!
>>
File: 29868.jpg (29KB, 490x333px) Image search: [Google]
29868.jpg
29KB, 490x333px
>>56318047
>>
>>56318050
Your b-b-b-b-but the gheys argument you can't seem to shake is not resonating with me, as you are not arguing with a heterosexual.
>>
>>56318047
>I get turned down for a job because I can't do basic math
>It must be because i'm a nigger
>smuggeranimegrill.png
>>
File: images.jpg (10KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10KB, 210x240px
>>56318056
>I'm going to take those goal posts, see how they're right here in our comfortable first world country, and move them all the way to Saudi Arabia where this discussion is not taking place in any remote way.

Okay, time to post smug anime faces.
>>
>>56318057
I did? I grew up in Texas!
>Are YOU kidding me?

Also, I'm not the verbal abuse guy.
>>
File: real-woman-laughing.jpg (63KB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
real-woman-laughing.jpg
63KB, 720x1080px
>>56313578
I'd like it if they made it at least somewhat readable, but as it stands its absolutely art college student tier shit
>>
>>56318072
You need to tolerate my goal post move, I only meant well.
>>
>>56318030
>Psychopathy, also known as sociopathy, is traditionally defined as a personality disorder[1] characterized by persistent antisocial behavior, impaired empathy and remorse, and bold, disinhibited, egotistical traits.

Way to be a fucking bigot. Sorry that you can't tolerate those with handicaps
>>
>>56318067
Note that I never, ever EVER said that incompetent people were entitled to a job.

>>56318074
Oh. So what the fuck are you doing replying to me? You weren't the guy I was talking to in the first place, nig.
>>
>>56317919
>NO, I WAS BULLIED MORE
Holy shit are people in this thread really fighting for pity points?
>>
>>56318082
Also I am a black transgender person
>>
>>56318064
>b-b-b-b-but the gheys argument
who made that argument.

also:
>as you are not arguing with a heterosexual.
stop projecting
no-one cares that you're a degenerate
>>
File: jb_Mozilla_A_eye_1.jpg (171KB, 1500x1061px) Image search: [Google]
jb_Mozilla_A_eye_1.jpg
171KB, 1500x1061px
>>56318080
https://blog.mozilla.org/opendesign/now-for-the-fun-part/
>>
>>56318086
I was replying to you to free you of your white guilt.

No really, stop it. Stop using me as a crutch to support your arguments.
>>
>>56318082
No I'm pretty sure you're doing dick moves to shut me up without actually proving me wrong, which isn't really meaning well.

>>56318083
Yeah I'm fine with being that kind of bigot. Nice try though.
>>
>>56318096
>no-one cares that you're a degenerate

The SJW commenting here cares very much, as it is his HOLY DUTY to protect and shelter me from the horrors of conservative opinions.
>>
>>56318103
>some kinds of bigotry are okay

Wow I can't even
>>
>>56318103
You seem upset. Hopefully your wifes boyfriend doesn't send you to the shed again

But then, maybe I assume too much. It seems more accurate that you are alone based on the levels of social justice you intend to dispense
>>
>>56318102
You being a fag does not make you immune to being an idiot and it does not make you the embassador of fags. I do not have to take your order to stop "using you as a crutch". What I'm talking about: Kids getting bullied to suicide, is shit that actually happened. Heck, in the army, there's a homosexual guy who got gangraped by his crew, and killed himself years later. Oh but you grew up in a Texas suburb and got called a fag a few times during your teens so I guess that entitles you to shoot down all my arguments about homophobia. Nope.
>>
>>56318126
Also I am a mute-deaf person wounded during my service in the Peace Corps
>>
>>56318137
It's not really bigotry when you exclude people for being assholes, if it's a standard you apply to everybody. Like, if you socialized with assholes unless they were assholes due to a diagnosed mental disorder, that would be bigotry.
>>
>>56318103
>it's okay when I'm a bigot
>it's not okay when you are

Modern politics in a nutshell I guess
>>
>>56318086
>>56317951
>incompetent people need jobs as much as competent people. If you ban them from your business, you are saying that it is right to ban them from a business. Hence, it becomes right for all business owners to ban them, and they could just as well all be beggars.
>You can't have a special moral right to do something thinking "it will be someone else's job to take care of the consequences". You're not more entitled to being a bigot than other businesses. If it's right for you to do something then it is right for everyone to do something. So, if you think it's right to forbid incompetent people to be hired by your business, then you think it's right for them to starve in the streets. If you disagree, then you are just plain irresponsible. The kind of person who throws trash in the streets because someone else will pick it up, with no regards to the fact that if everyone did the same, it'd be unmanageably chaotic, or who thinks fraud is okay if they don't get caught, even though their wealth is preserved in big part due to people's unwillingness to steal.

:^) right back at ya cuck
>>
>>56312641
All tech companies are SJW hug boxes with safe spaces and diversity quotas now.

Nerds are kill.
>>
>>56318157
Oh jesus fuck, I was being sarcastic about being a bigot. I can't believe you took that seriously. Come on. At least have the intelligence of an adult before walking into an argument. I literally have to do all the thinking for you idiots.
>>
>>56318159
You can change being an incompetent. Pretty much everyone except the handicapped is competent at something.

You can't just stop being a homosexual. That's not how it works.
>>
What does bigot even mean, it's like a catch all phrase for whoever the left doesn't like.
I don't even give a fuck if I'm a bigot, it doesn't even mean anything. "nerd" is more insulting.
>>
>>56318140
So I suppose I could find you volunteering to counsel these kinds of youths in hospitals, etc?

Since you seem to have been effected so greatly by it? Or maybe arguing with people who don't give a shit on 4chan was a better use of your time
>>
>>56318140
Kids getting bullied to suicide over drawing cartoon characters in a non-body-positive way also is a thing that has happened. Those fucking conservatives, when will they stop?

Also, fag isn't an insult really directed at women.
>>
>>56316847
That entire situation is insanely unfair. Supporting someone who doesn't support gays does not mean you hate gays. You can't hold someone accountable for their previous beliefs either, even if he did hate gays then it doesn't mean anything about them now. What's more important is that it's a political subject, it has no bearing whatsoever on the company or products.

Imagine if everyone was held accountable for their past beliefs as if people cannot change their mind or come to a better understanding. I personally don't think you're fit to run a company since you once thought a fat man with a beard flies around and gives presents to the entire world in 1 night. You even supported him by leaving cookies out, how wasteful.
>>
>>56318126
I just hope you don't lose your job because it might take a long while for you to find another one.

Also,
>implying being a bisexual is like being gay
Kek. Like all modern conservatards, you claim to the idea that you're a victim of something.
>>
>>56318183
>You can't just stop being a homosexual. That's not how it works.
oh really?
>>
>>56318183
Can you change being a pedophile? Is it okay to discriminate against pedophiles?
>>
>>56318183
You, sir, are completely retarded. Please keep arguing for the side you are on - God knows we don't want you on this side of the fence.
>>
>>56318192
I never claimed I was a victim, in fact. The SJW did that for me.
>>
>>56317555
You know, I've seen a lot more videos on YouTube of SJWs being giant dickheads than I have "alt-right" people being dickheads. One might find that odd, except that as someone who, for the most part, doesn't take sides in most of these stupid debacles, it's pretty obvious to me that the only thing that the "alt-right" really does is say shit that "progressives" don't like. Then "progessives" tend to have a fucking meltdown and act like the biggest douchebags I've ever seen. Throwing piss on people, shouting in people's faces, blocking entrances, pulling fire alarms, killing random cops, etc. etc.

The "alt-right" sits on their asses at home and post retarded shit to twitter. Wow, what utter asshats, am I right?
>>
>>56317555
>false flags
>>
File: hYMIItH.png (142KB, 511x564px) Image search: [Google]
hYMIItH.png
142KB, 511x564px
>>56318193
>>56318196
>>56318197
>>
>>56318192
>it might take a long while for you to find another one.

Last time I was looking for a job it took me 3 weeks, mostly only because I was taking my time with it.

Recruiting companies are your friend. To a point at least.
>>
File: 1469112278895.png (262KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
1469112278895.png
262KB, 500x600px
>>56312310
>suddenly out of nowhere, swarms of the mentally retarded and really high post rates with only a few new IPs
>thread turns into some /pol/ vs SJW argument
Sure smells like false flag in here, I wonder who could be behind this.
>>
>>56318173
>Nerds are kill.
Just the ones who are bitter and bigoted.

And that's fine by me. :^) I'd rather not share a workplace with these assholes. They're bad for a company.
>>
>>56318220
Why anime picture response? I posted a proper argument that demonstrates that your reasoning is faulty.
>>
>>56318228
>I'd rather not share a workplace with these niggers. They're bad for a company.
>>
>>56312641

Brendan Eich is creator of fucking Javascript, how did they made him to resignate from the project he started ?
>>
>>56318220
Is that a white flag?
>>56318232
It is a white flag.
>>
>>56318210
And occasionally they take time off posting retarded shit to organize massive harassment campaigns against specific SJWs threatening to kill them, rape them or telling them to kill themselves.
>>
>>56318225
>mentally retarded

Hey man, that's bigoted.
>>
>>56318237
He was probably against turning Firefox into Chrome and the rest of company was already infiltrated by Google.
>>
>>56318232
You compared giving it to your adult boyfriend in the butt consensually to raping children.

Are you going to respond advocating for consensual pedophilia? Because that would just really close the loop for me. It would just make the whole thing picture perfect. /pol/tards, homophobes and pedophiles all working together for their alleged entitlement to be scum.
>>
>>56318243
Harassment campaigns are meant to be targeted at conservatives or teenagers who draw skinny versions of fat cartoon characters, not SJWs! How dare they go against the rules of engagement!
>>
File: 1472073463447.png (306KB, 1400x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1472073463447.png
306KB, 1400x1200px
>>56318225
Yeah it's probably /pol/, it;s usually /pol/ when it's thing I don't like happening.
>>
>>56318191
He supported someone who was AGAINST gay marriage, not just "not supporting them". There's a big difference.
>>
>>56312310
I refuse to use it since Eich left, fuck Mozilla. To be fair, I barely even used it before. I'm using Opera and I'm switching to Brave soon.
>>
>>56318258
>pedophilia is rape
>pedophiles are rapists

How bigoted.
>>
>>56318237
>Brendan Eich is creator of fucking Javascript
And for that I hope he is raped by lions and tigers with their barbed penises for a millennial in the afterlife.
>>
>>56318264
Okay so you're just gonna say "No, that's not true" to my fact.

Like I said, conservatards ignore facts that are inconvenient to them.

>>56318274
SCORE!
>>
>>56318258
Pedophile does not mean rapist. There are pedophiles who don't fuck children and there are gays that rape people.
Pedophiles are discriminated against regardless of whether they are rapists or not, gays are not discriminated against.
So, no, that don't make for a good counterargument.

>Are you going to respond advocating for consensual pedophilia?
Not advocating for anything, just demonstrating that your reasoning is contradictory in order to discredit your point.
>>
>>56318296
>Pedophiles are discriminated against regardless of whether they are rapists or not
Well, if you don't rape children, you won't have a criminal file, so, by what means are you going to get discriminated against?
>>
>>56318253

I don't think that its turning into Chrome. Chrome is shit, but firefox has sometimes problems with flash.
>>
>>56318289
I am a transqueer-bizarro Humvee btw
>>
>>56318296
Also
>just demonstrating that your reasoning is contradictory in order to discredit your point.
No, you're bringing a different point: Bigotry against pedophiles who aren't child molesters. I am against that, therefore, you did not pick out a contradiction in my stance.
>>
>>56318305
Of course, by admitting to being a pedophile. It was you who said that living in the closed is no way to go.
>>
>>56318289
>you're just gonna say "No, that's not true"

I actually didn't say your statement was untrue, but nice try. You're probably distracted though, I understand. Somewhere there's a young girl drawing a female just a tad too skinny and you're busy giving her what for.
>>
>>56318271
The point still stands, Eich may not have supported that person for that fact alone and even if he did that was years prior, there's plenty of time for him to reconsider his opinion on the subject. It's irrational to use outdated information like that, did anyone even ask him his position on the subject at the time he was CEO or did they all just make assumptions?

For context I'm sure you support businesses that you don't fully understand, businesses or people that do things you personally disagree with. Should I hold you accountable for things like supporting child labor or sweatshops just because you purchased some shoes or a computer part, etc.?
>>
>>56318323
>did they all just make assumptions

I'm pretty sure it was a hivemind BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD response.
>>
>>56318315
Well, your personal stance on this is irrelevant: most people are very fine with discriminating against pedophiles who aren't child molesters, so for them your reasoning is not going to work.
>>
>>56318316
When you're a homosexual, you might be sharing your life with your boyfriend. That's stuff that gets brought up in conversations between colleagues. That's why I said living in the closest is bad for homosexuals. They can't even talk about their life at home like everyone else gets to, unless they use gender-neutral pronouns to avoid hurting the precious homophobe colleague's feelings which is retarded as well.

If you're a pedophile, you probably don't have anything to talk about relating to your pedophilia that shouldn't be told to anyone but a therapist. It's strictly a sexual fetish at this stage so why would you bring it up?
>>
>>56318341
I don't want to live a lie. Simple as that. Plenty of situations where it may be brought up.
>>
>>56318323
You are right to say that they should have asked those questions and considered whether it was long ago enough to let it go. But at the same time, what if you're a homosexual working in a company and you have reasons to believe your boss is a homophobe? That can be a really stressful situation. And even if there was no psychological harassment or overt discrimination, then maybe you're the most competent person for a promotion and you'll never get it because the boss doesn't want a butt-bumper in the higher ranks. And that's fucked up.

So yeah, did anyone ask him? I don't know. But he resigned, so my guess was that he didn't have such arguments for his defense.
>>
>>56318341
Keep that disgusting fag talk at home. When I hear a guy at work has a husband we really make his life shitty until he fuckin leaves.
>>56318350
Amen brother
>>
>>56318359
>And that's fucked up.

What if my boss is liberal and I'm a conservative?
>>
>>56318338
Oh okay, so my opinion is right but some other people's opinions is wrong.

Good point.

>>56318350
Well, that sounds like a personal problem. I have a lot of weird fetishes that I would never bring to real life and I don't feel an unbearable pressure to bring it up in conversations at the coffee machine. Everybody has a secret garden and you must come to terms with the fact that you do too.
>>
>>56318359
>what if
What if I am a white male and my boss is a racist SJW?
>>
File: FNCBFO2I9YBJLK7.LARGE.jpg (51KB, 907x718px) Image search: [Google]
FNCBFO2I9YBJLK7.LARGE.jpg
51KB, 907x718px
>>56318366
Being a liberal does not imply that you hate or fear conservatives. Of course it may not seem that way to someone who's mentally 8 years old and sees everything as a conflict.

>>56318365
So you're a pedophile who wish he could come out of the closet and you hate homosexuals even if you only know they're gay because they bring up their spouse every now and then like everyone else does.

Hehehe.

Yeah I really wish you told your colleagues about how fuckable that 8 year old you saw on your way to work is.

God this is fucking funny.
>>
>>56318315
>>56318338
Oh, and about "you're bringing a different point" - your point in >>56318183 can only be interpreted like this:
>it's okay to discriminate about properties of people that can be changed
>it's not okay to discriminate about properties of people that can be changed
If I interpreted it incorrectly, please by all means do correct me. Otherwise, my example about pedophiles means that this reasoning does not apply to general populace.

>>56318381
>Oh okay, so my opinion is right but some other people's opinions is wrong.
There are no right and wrong opinions. I am merely demonstrating that your reasoning that you use to show that gays need to be tolerated does not apply to most people - or else they would also have to tolerate pedophiles, and they are not prepared to do that.

>Well, that sounds like a personal problem. I have a lot of weird fetishes that I would never bring to real life and I don't feel an unbearable pressure to bring it up in conversations at the coffee machine. Everybody has a secret garden and you must come to terms with the fact that you do too.
I can use the same response to someone saying that he doesn't want to live in a closet as a gay. It's not an argument.
>>
>>56318333
That's just terrible, it's ironic too of the "tolerant and understanding" left, this whole event sounded like a witch hunt.

How can anyone seriously damn a man they do not know for something that may not even be true? I have a hard time believing that a man who worked for Mozilla would hate gays while working with them. Then again those same co-workers apparently hate him without reason.

What a truly horrible thing for everyone involved.

>>56318359
>what if you're a homosexual working in a company and you have reasons to believe your boss is a homophobe?
I think that would be fair but remember there is no reason to believe that. If it really concerned me enough that I thought it would effect my position I would look into it and do the legwork to find out the mans opinions.

>and you'll never get it because the boss doesn't want a butt-bumper in the higher ranks
There are legal systems in place to prevent and aid victims of this kind of discrimination. I think it's much more reasonable to utilize these things than to make assumptions about someone. The irony here being Eich was the one who was discriminated against and forced out of a position he deserved because of it.
How is that fair or understanding?
>>
>>56318406
>Being a liberal does not imply that you hate or fear conservatives.

Of course you'd use this thread as a reference? Ha, every boss everywhere wants to ban teh gheys from what I hear, sounds like fear to me.
>>
>>56318411
>it's not okay to discriminate about properties of people that can't be changed*
fixed
>>
>i like to argue about political opinions on technology forums
>>
>>56318406
>Being a liberal does not imply that you hate or fear conservatives.
But being a conservative totally implies that you hate and fear liberals and gays. No exceptions.
>>
>>56318412
>There are legal systems in place to prevent and aid victims of this kind of discrimination
There isn't much that the law can do to make sure the right people get the promotions they deserve in a company. If there was then it'd be like the government is running everything.

This is why I think higher ups need to keep their lips locked. If you're at least capable of not babbling about your bigotry, then it shows you have a minimum amount of respect.
>>
>>56318441
>If there was then it'd be like the government is running everything.

Shh. Don't give away the end-game just yet.
>>
>>56318412
(cont from >>56318441)
But all in all, I agree with you. I think he should have been given an opportunity to say he is not a homophobe and that homosexuals have the same opportunities as straight people do in his company. If the reaction and its consequences were really as violent as they seem here, then they were excessive.
>>
>>56314073
>>56315024

>there are people who consider firefox 3.* good
Name one thing that Firefox 3.* did good!

Firefox (back in the day Phoenix, then Firebird) was designed to create a browser without the bloat of the Mozilla Suite.
And they succeeded with 0.*, 1.* and 2.*.

In Firefox 3.* they managed to make Firefox more bloated and slow than the Mozilla Suite ever was!
Firefox 3.* was a memory leaking hog!
It was slow to start, it wasn't standard compliant and was a security mess.
Combining history and bookmarks in the same sqlite database instead of a simple text file was the most retarded idea ever!
Not only that it was the ugliest Mozilla release ever!

I'm not saying that everything after Firefox 4.0 was perfect but it was much better than the shit Firefox 3.* was and Mozilla managed to modernize and debloat Firefox again making it lighter and faster than comperable contemporary browser, with a clean and beautiful interface and bringing Firefox back to it's roots.

If you consider Firefox 3.* good go back to palememe and stay there!
>>
>>56318494
>In Firefox 3.* they managed to make Firefox more bloated and slow than the Mozilla Suite ever was!
Not to mention that the mozilla suite was bloated but it offered an email client, an irc client and a graphical html editor while firefox 3 offered nothing in return while at the same time using more memory, being slower to launch and being uglier
>>
>>56318441
Higher ups are not allowed to discriminate like that in business decisions, if you think you did not get a promotion when you deserved it but did not strictly because of personal reasons, you have a legitimate case that you can file against the business.

>...then it shows you have a minimum amount of respect.
Eich didn't open his mouth, people dug into his past. I don't think it's fair to put the blame on him for "not keeping his mouth shut" since he did, apparently even to the end when it would have benefited him to state his political stance. For me personally that is something that is commendable, it's very professional to separate your personal and professional life like that and never officially give a stance while speaking for/with a company.

>>56318488
Agreed. It frustrates me deeply that people are so quick to condemn without real and current evidence.
>>
File: richard drakeman.png (572KB, 619x413px) Image search: [Google]
richard drakeman.png
572KB, 619x413px
>>56317737
>If they got harassed by SJWs, then they are probably bigots in one way or another.

you have officially jumped the shark my dude

mods just delete this thread it has terminal AIDS

I want /g/ to be good but instead this woman or slim-framed male is making it bad
>>
>>56317057
>literally changed terms used in computing for 50 years to appeal to a pc millennial fad
>not controlling the speech of others

Fucking hell, modern leftists really are dumb
>>
>>56318243
No, that's what I meant when I said "posting retarded shit on twitter." If any of these idiotic internet threats ever went anywhere, the "progressives" would never shut the fuck up about it. But they're strangely quiet on that front.
>>
>>56318243
there are literally people on 4chan who get told to kill themselves every day and nobody here cries about it because guess what, it's a retarded internet shitpost

"but you're anonymous here!"

so fucking what, look at any popular youtuber's comment section and you'll see 13 year olds threatening to murder pewdiepie or whatever, it's irrelevant nonsense but the perpetual victim crowd latches on to these non-threats as if they're real for sympathy bux

when anita sarkessian says "I get death threats all the time" she means "randoms on twitter occasionally say they're going to decapitate me or some stupid shit which happens to literally every other public personality but whoa I'm new at the internet wait not really I just want attention and money ;) "
>>
>>56317737
>You're defending women who got sexually harassed by men. If they got sexually harassed by men, then they are probably sluts in one way or another.
>>
>>56318313
>but firefox has sometimes problems with flash.
While I hate the current direction of Firefox I literally haven't used flash for years.
>>
>>56312310
Google Chome (i prefer Chromium) is a far better browser, i quit liking firefox when they screwed with the tool bar and moved those tool bar icons around

i like the top/left to have all the navigation icons, first back-button, second forward-button, then stop/refresh, and next home-button, and then the address bar, and to the far right the extensions icons, and i want to keep it that way, and when firefox fucked with the toolbar icons i said fuck this, i dont want to be hunting down and re-learning toobar icons and abandoned firefox and switched to Chromium browser
>>
>>56320711
>i dont want to be hunting down and re-learning toobar icons
This is the exact reason I use Firefox, mine has looked exactly the way I want it to since v4. The main reason I won't use Chrome is because of the lack of customization, I can change anything I want in Firefox to be how I want but I can't say the same for Chrome. Vivaldi may change this but I doubt it will be worth a switch.
>>
>>56318494
Firefox 3.* didn't have tabs on top.
>>
>>56313578
>considering
Thread posts: 267
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.