[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Intel Skull Canyon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: NUC6I7KYK-Skull-Canyon.jpg (80KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
NUC6I7KYK-Skull-Canyon.jpg
80KB, 600x400px
I just bought this
with m.2 SSD (950 pro)
and 16GB DDR4

for gaming, video/audio editing, servers, 3D, etc., we'll need big stuff but soon when the mini-STX form factor takes off there will be no need for bigger form factors (ITX, ATX, etc.)
>>
>>56312258
k
>>
File: ASRock DeskMini 110.jpg (36KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
ASRock DeskMini 110.jpg
36KB, 600x338px
btw the only mini PC's that beats the Skull Canyon (in the graphics department) are:
Alienware Alpha
Asus VivoMini VM65
Zotac ZBOX MAGNUS EN980

and of course any mini-STX with a desktop I7-6700 will be faster but the only one available now is the ASRock DeskMini 110
>>
>>56312484

Actually, a good few mini-PCs have dedicated graphics that beat out the Iris Pro in the Skull Canyon.

That being said, The Skull Canyon NUC is still a great piece of kit. Super clean. And USB 3.1 Thunderbolt means you COULD connect an eGPU to it. Just wish it didn't cost as much as a good laptop.
>>
>>56312553
other than the ones I mentioned nothing else worth mentioning imo when looking for something powerful enough to compete with the Skull Canyon.

the best CPU you can get with other units is the i7-5775R (in some Gigabyte BRIX and Zotac ZBOX for example) then the i7-6500U (in the brix and zbox and Asus VivoMini and maybe HP EliteDesk )
>>
>>56312258
>gaming
Uh huh. Have fun with that integrated graphics. It'll handle your retro gaming just fine.
>>
Is this a meme?
>>
>>56312258
No user serviceable parts inside
>>
>>56313370
lol I have a pc for gaming.

this is just for work because I'm tired from moving my work files between office and home

laptop isn't an option because I use 2 big screens. yes I can connect the screens to a laptop but then I will need a new (faster) one and the intel is fast enough and easier to carry
>>
>>56312258
>when the mini-STX form factor takes off there will be no need for bigger form factors (ITX, ATX, etc.)
it's funny you think that
>>
>>56314165
Sell your PC to prepare for the takeoff of mini-STX then.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.