[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is GPU sag a real issue?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: 18ad9c0f_image.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
18ad9c0f_image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
Is GPU sag a real issue?
>>
>>56311051
Yes. Every degree represent ~4% performance decrease
>>
>>56311051
What the fuck is that cooler?
>>
>>56311805
one of the loudest, least efficient on the market
it's louder and hotter and requires more electricity than the reference design
additionally, it looks fucktarded and is clearly too heavy for a single pci lane support and is triple slot

purchasing this product is proof that you have no idea what value is
>>
>>56311884
What model is it though?
>>
easiest solution is to just put your dildo under it to level it

how do i know you have a dildo? you bought a video card that sags
>>
>>56311917
I think it was the gtx 680 some extreme oc version by gigabyte
>>
>>56311805
Something necessary to keep nvidia house fires under control
>>
>>56312249
http://hothardware.com/reviews/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-680-super-overclockhttp://hothardware.com/reviews/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-680-super-overclock
>>
>>56311051
>no CPU installed
>that JUST GPU
topkek
>>
>>56311805
There is no cooler installed..?
>>
>>56312522
>confirmed incapable of processing information
>>
>>56312522
>only cpu's have coolers

really nigga
>>
>>56311051
if you live near a gravitational anomaly
>>
>>56312432
>hothardware
topkek
>>
>>56311051
Is a problem for your PCI-E slot.
>>
>>56311051
Yes, depending on the card design - it can cause the PCB to flex which over time (ESPECIALLY since the move to lead-free solders...) can crack the solder joints.
Most modern cards have a backplate anyway though, so even if you get sag, the PCB won't flex, since the backplate will keep it rigid - but you're still at risk of putting too much extra force on the PCI-e slot (when the card is sagging, it's acting like lever)

Just prop it up with a pencil or the like.
>>
>>56312448
Maybe it's just a gaming computer.

I was thinking of making one just for games as well to keep somewhere other than the office. Seems cheaper than getting another PC since I can spend what I save on a better gaming card.
>>
>>56311051
Put the door back on your case and ask yourself again... Is it a problem?

No.
>>
>>56311051
YEs, i broke a PCI-e slot due to sag
watercooled 780ti was 5.1lbs
>>
>>56311051
>3 slot GPU
>>
>>56316644
What? Dunno what games you'll be running without a cpu
>>
Nope, it's needed with some case, I had to bend it a bit to fit my HDMI cable in for my second monitor.
I'm talking a 5mm sag, after that I would start worrying.
>>
>>56311805
I remember seeing that cooler touted as a "future design" by gigabyte years ago. I had no idea it made it into production because it looks fucking retarded :S
>>
File: tmp_18835-$_3.JPG-639301918.jpg (40KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_18835-$_3.JPG-639301918.jpg
40KB, 600x800px
>>56311051

Yes. A little bit won't hurt it, but if it's too much the gpu might get dislodged from the heatsink (had this happen to me once, card would overheat and throttle until I supported it), or even crack the solders like >>56315777 says.

Personally I'm using the case from one of the machining drill tools I brought from work, like pic related, with a small rubber bit on top, supporting the card right below the gpu, between the fans.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.