[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would living in a world run by intelligent machines, instead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: 1472398653752.gif (3MB, 378x270px) Image search: [Google]
1472398653752.gif
3MB, 378x270px
Would living in a world run by intelligent machines, instead of corrupt and self-serving politicians, really be so bad?

And don't fall for the trope that machines would kill us off?
Why, logically, would they even consider that when we already find and mine resources, design and build technologies and distribute them... and they'd only have to replace all those activities... when we already do them. Replacing humans, and everything they do, would be inefficient. Inefficiency is illogical.

Would living in a logical world with wise and logical rulers be so bad?
>>
>>56309206
No, machines would only give us what we really need to exist all other things that we actually want would be completely ignored

>hey human, you don't need a room only for you
>live with this other 5 unrelated humans until the rest of your days

>you don't need to travel human, stay where you are and drink this liquid that fulfill all your nutricional needs

>you can't have sex for fun human, you are allowed to impregnate a single human female one, so that you species can live on

>you don't need to know anything human, I'll take care of you the way I see fit, and you're not entitled to an opinion, because I know better than all of you

It would be worse than living in north korea
>>
File: neuron_diagram.jpg (12KB, 375x374px) Image search: [Google]
neuron_diagram.jpg
12KB, 375x374px
>>56309418
Assumptions?
Humans work better when given what they need AND have their desires fulfilled.
Machines know about Mason's Hierarchy of Needs too?
>>
>>56309560
*Maslows
>>
>>56309418
The government does not dictate your life at this level, why would machines?
>>
>>56309560
you're implying that machines would need humans for anything in the first place, which they wouldn't if they were that smart

if they see us as a threat, even a small one, they would eliminate us without thinking twice
>>
>>56309418
>live with 5 other humans
>don't need to travel
>can't have sex

>implying i already don't live worse than that
>>
>>56309661
how would you prevent it? if these machines are smart enough to govern us, we can't do anything against it
>>
>>56309560
>>56309661
>>56309686

or worse, the machines would turn us in some kind of Borg analogue, only caring about efficiency
>>
>>56309206
TL:DR -- OP is a Tech Illiterate

>Would living in a world run by intelligent machines, instead of corrupt and self-serving politicians, really be so bad?

Because morality is implemented in human beings by default, even the politicians you don't like. On the other hand, why do you think the only options are totalitarianism of machines or totalitarianism of humans? Direct Democracy works just fine. See: Switzerland.

>And don't fall for the trope that machines would kill us off?
Why wouldn't they? The other animals are easier to condition, which means better forced labor, and they'll never rebel ever.

>Why, logically, would they even consider that when we already find and mine resources,
Machines + dumb animals are better at that.
>design and build technologies and distribute them...
We don't design and build good ones, and proposing a machine intelligence is smart enough to run a government, why do you think it won't be able to continue the cycle of packing transistors into smaller spaces for less money?
>and they'd only have to replace all those activities... when we already do them. Replacing humans, and everything they do, would be inefficient. Inefficiency is illogical.
It wouldn't be inefficient though. Humans require lots of nurture and care to be good at anything, and they also require not being depressed. It's cheaper to just automate most things.

>Would living in a logical world with wise and logical rulers be so bad?
Cold robotic amorality is the antonym of wisdom, edgelord. There is nothing logical about computers. They're buggy products of programmers who constantly fuck shit up, especially the Indian ones.

You'll understand once you're 18.
>>
>>56309763
> Call OP "tech illiterate" then state "there is nothing logical about computers" without irony!

I see.
>>
The fact that we'd be completely benign (as in not relevant enough to constitute either a threat or a tremendous advantage) to a machine superintelligence is precisely why it could be the best thing to ever happen to mankind.

Go have a read at Iain M. Banks' Culture series, if it doesn't give you boundless optimism about the future nothing will.

Once we get to the level of having Mind-like AI progenitors we're set to live an eternal golden edge, because what meaningful interaction can near omnipotent and near omniscient beings can have with the entities who helped bring about their existence if not use what would be an utterly negligible fraction of their power to help them?
Our extermination would be completely nonsensical, we have no material resources these intelligence could not obtain in more efficient fashion, the only thing that's of interest at this level is interaction with us, as a society and as individuals.

And yes, an AI ruler, would be a boon to us, a distillation of what's best in humanity that is place beyond the corruption of material needs and human failings.
I hope to see the beginning of it in my lifetime.
>>
>>56310091
>>56309206
>Intelligent machines that cannot feel empathy and can potentially decide extermination of the entire human race is a good idea should rule over us
>>
>>56310128
...unlike a Trump within 2m of a nuclear launch code?
>>
>>56310091
...and this is why I aim to be the one that first designs one!
>>
>>56310149
Trump isn't going to commit nuclear armageddon.
>>
>>56310128

A machine can feel whatever it is programmed to 'feel'.

You have watched too many movies and thought too little about the subject.

Something akin to emotions can be coded just like anything else... nothing is beyond our reach wrt technology.
>>
File: 1460654109043.jpg (21KB, 571x308px) Image search: [Google]
1460654109043.jpg
21KB, 571x308px
>>56310180
>Famous last words.
>>
>>56310180
You sure?
Can I have that in writing?
>>
best synergy would be democratic voting of rules
those rules than would be enforced by intelligent machines and not corrupted people
>>
Machines do what you tell them to OP, so it depends on how you program them, this is /tech/, not /scifi/
>>
>>56309206
>and they'd only have to replace all those activities
No they wouldn't society is a human construct, what need would machines have for maintaining one when they don't have a concept of death.
>>
>>56309640
Masons' more like
>>
>>56309671
There probably would be different levels of threat thus incurring the different levels of countermeasures.

>OH GOD THEY'LL KILL US ALL

I doubt it. For the most part, there would be a low level core system essentially to prevent actually killing people or resorting to that least it is:
A) Self defence
B) Required as a countermeasure to human induced violence

It also depends on what positions they're given, probably best suited for the following areas:

>Finance
>Logistics and resource management
>Environmental/scientific

It'd be great if they could get rid of ministers and the like and see what would be better for the general benefit rather than tunnelling in on one thing only like pure 'Efficiency'. Say like, that wouldn't work in HR and Tourisim because the human element is a big thing there.
>>
We don't know what will happen after a singularity, if that event occurs.
We might be transformed into higher beings in the beginning (or left aside as pets in an imaginary world).
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.