[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

im poor, what kind of laptop can i buy with $200?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

im poor, what kind of laptop can i buy with $200?
>>
>>56308117
memepad x220

hp elitebook with nvidia or amd gpu if you want light gaming
>>
>>56308148
i dont care about games, but i would like a laptop that could run loonix.
>>
>>56308181
get a t430, or a t420

i wait until you see a good deal on a t430 with an SSD and 8gb of ram though, the difference between intel hd 3000 and hd 4000 was a big jump, and the t430 will run much smoother than a t420 will

i would get the t430 over the x230 because if you are actually poor and this is going to become your main machine, you'll want something with sufficient screen space for it to not be fucking annoying all the time.
14 inches is a pretty nice size for a laptop.

also with t430 you can have a disc drive, or you can swap that out with an ultrabay adapter to put in a 2nd HDD or SSD to have internal expanded storage.
>>
a shitty one
>>
>>56308117
Search eBay for Latitudes and ThinkPads
>>
>>56308117
thinkpad. go for an x220 but if you can't get one any thinkpad will run nicely with a low resource linux distribution.
>>
Why not chromebooks? Can't they be hacked to use loonix?
>>
>>56308960
Why buy new low quality hardware when you can get used high quality hardware?
>>
>>56308117
Thinkpad T420
mine was USD$172 on Newegg
>>
>>56308975
They look cool though and light weight. Id like a light weight laptop to carry.
>>
>>56309260
I'd rather have something that wasn't a piece of shit.
>>
I'll send you a t43 for $50 + s/h
>>
Used Macbook
>>
I paid 140 dollars for a used Thinkpad T400 on ebay, it was refurbished and came installed with Linux Mint.
Pretty good deal. It's not good for games or anything resource-heavy, but it's good enough for web browsing, watching movies, and programming, and organizing university stuff.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.