[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Replacing windows 10 for Android

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 2

I am about to replace windows 10 for Android 6. 0 on my laptop.

Intel i7
6gb of ram
Intel HD 4000
500gb hard drive

What do you guys think?
I am tired of windows 10 and Ubuntu so I decided to install Android as my main os since I use my computer for entertainment rather than work.

Android apps and system notification are pretty comfy.

Android works fast, gui is clean, I get millions of Android apps to run on my computer like fintonic, Google keep, bank apps, greader etc.

Good idea or not?
>>
Thoughts?

Will the battery life be shorter?
Will I regret getting rid of windows 10?
>>
This is among the most retarded threads I've seen on this board.
>>
what kind of chip is your CPU? because if it's an intel chip you'll suffer huge performance issues.
>>
>>56304694
I am burning the image into a USB right now.

Should I stop? This is my last chance to stop before I get rid of windows.
>>
do it faggot
>>
You're fucking retarded but if you meant ChromeOS or that shitty RemixOS or even the shittest of all, Android x86, OK but good luck surviving.

Do it and prove that you're not retarded.
>>
>>56304726

Well considering Google is trying to bring Android and Android os to the desktop I was wondering if any of you guys use Android on your pc or laptop.
I wanted to ask for advice and your opinion
>>
>>56304694
I think you are a complete fucking idiot.
>>
Android is built for ARM processors. Have fun with those THIS APP IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH YOUR DEVICE messages.

But honestly you're going to use mobile touch apps with a mouse, you're too retarded for even Windows.
>>
>>56304737
do it, and please let us know what happens
seems like a good idea desu
>>
>>56304732
Intel inside i7

I don't know the number my laptop is a Pavillion g6
>>
Why would you wipe your windows installation? If you're this retarded at least do Dual boot
>>
>>56304778
Working on it
>>56304770
Good point, what if I download the apks from third party websites instead of the Google play store
>>
Op here I think I fucked up guys. I can't manage to install it I already wiped my w10 partition and all the data, no joking.
>>
>>56304694
>Intel inside i7
>>
File: _20160828_160240.jpg (2MB, 3686x2405px) Image search: [Google]
_20160828_160240.jpg
2MB, 3686x2405px
It works!
>>
>>56304694
nice meme os
>>
>>56304955
why the fuck would you waste an i7 on that is way beyond me
>>
This seems insane.
>>
Can "install android" be new meme?
>>
>>56304963
why would he waste it on windows 10?

it's not he's going to place games on a laptop anyway.
>>
>>56304988
I don't know, let me ask the meme council
>>
>>56304988
Keep samefagging your shitty bait thread, you'll become an epic meme at 100 replies.
>>
>>56304994
*play games
>>
>>56304994
Touhou runs on laptops fine.
>>
>>56304971
Not as insane as running Ubuntu or any other distro.
>>
Op here I can't manage to connect to the internet, damn
>>
>>56304994
I don't play games on my laptop so I installed FreeDOS instead.
>>
>>56305026
Agreed, that's why I run a dual boot of Windows Phone OS and Ubuntu Touch.
>>
>>56305037
Op here I have a wifi adapter but Android won't recognize it. Any ideas? Do I have to turn it on in the settings menu? It automatically recognized my wired mouse
>>
>>56305037
Just close the virtual console and use your windows Internet you memeshitter
>>
>>56305013
I'll allow a mod to confirm there was no samefagging here. Go ahead, report this post and get your answer.
>>
>>56305112
Original op here, can confirm. Can anyone help me with this pls >>56305087
>>
>>56305087
Android is not designed for laptops dude, it has less laptop drivers then Debian minimal
>>
>>56305112
>33 posts
>13 posters
Yup, definitely no samefagging here.
>>
>>56305140
Its the same problem with using a usb wifi adapter on an android box. I cant believe noone mentioned it here

With the lack of drivers for most of the hardware on your computer, there will be trouble using some of the devices, such as wifi.

As far as i know, you cant really install drivers either, but i could be wrong with that.
>>
>>56305087
Install Ubuntu
>>
>>56305179
You moved the goalpost. This is the post you were talking about: >>56304988
>>
>>56305186
Op here what if I install an older version of Android like 5.1 or 4.4? Will the wifi work?
>>
>>56305179
Do you know what a conversation is, you idiot?
>>
>>56304789

>this thread

>Intel inside i7
>Intel inside
>INSIDE

Fucking laughing here, my nigga. Please leave /g/.
>>
>>56304808
You litellary download the same but often in higher version apk files from google play, kill yourself already and get the fuck out from /g/
>>
What if I download Google Chrome OS? Can I run Android apps already?
>>
>>56305350
What is your obsession with android and its apps? Why the fuck do you want it on your laptop?
>>
>>56305367
I need to run Android apps on my laptop. But I don't want to use VirtualBox or third party applications.

Should I get remix os or chrome os?
>>
>>56305419
>I need to run Android apps on my laptop.
Why?
>>
>>56305419
Which apps do you need that you can't use a browser or a native Android device for?
>>
>>56305197
This isn't le debate you mongoloid.
>>56305241
I do. Which conversation here amounts for 30 posts?
>>
>>56305540
The ones between OP and people telling him how retarded he his.
>>
Topkek
>>
Op here since Android does not work as intended on my laptop I will be installing remix os. I hope this one works better.
>>
Posting in epic bread
>>
>>56305238
Same thing....
>>
>>56306071
I am burning a remix os uso right now... I hope it works
>>
>>56306107
People have been reporting wifi and bluetooth not working on remix without rooting, and changing some config files. Check the xda
>>
>>56304955
you fucked up by not installing Remix OS
>>
Can you even install android on an i7? I thought most operating systems had chunks of nonportable code.
>>
>>56305087
Write the driver yourself, you lazy fuck
>>
I've tried Android X86 on a laptop before, sure it works, and most apps will actually run, but without a touchscreen it gets frustrating fast.

Also drivers.
Anything other than windows had terrible battery life on my laptop for some reason.

Say what you will, but Win10 has fantastic power regulation.
>>
>>56305274
Hahaaha

Diamond
Intel
Inside
Sticker copy
>>
Not at all even windows me is better than android and I did use it in the late 2000s
>>
>>56304694
Install Windows 2k and be the Hero /g/ deserves
>>
>>56304694
Good fucking luck with a file system that doesn't support contiguous files larger than 3.5Gb. It's a basic bitch OS for the purposes you mention and this is assuming all your hardware is even compatible! Go back to Africa ya beaner!
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.