[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the end game for social media giants? Where are we headed?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 0.jpg (984KB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
984KB, 2560x1920px
What is the end game for social media giants? Where are we headed?
>>
>>56299922
being able to see your camera through their website
>>
>>56299974
Why? It's always pointed at the ceiling or the ground.

>yfw zuck is a tilefag
>>
>>56299995
your pc/laptop camera
>>
>>56299922
To sell advertisements.
>>
>>56300005
no one owns those anymore bruh
>>
>>56300017

your tracking devi- smartphone :^)
>>
>>56300032
Retrace the comment chain.
>>
>>56300017
>laptops dont have webcams
>>
>>56200000
>>
>>56300051

i see nothing about mobile devices

just autism
>>
>>56299922
advertising money and then more money and political power to make more money
>>
>>56299922

Absorption of other media sources into one giant network that it's users don't need to escape from in order to become the de-facto business to advertise with, show off brands on, and be the lynchpin of entire group's operations so they can hold them at gun point if desired.
>>
>>56299922
milking money out of unsuspecting plebeians.
>>
>>56299922
It's so you only go to one of a handful of places that can easily be moderated and controlled as to what content you actually look at, I mean we are already there as tons of "news" sties are just offshoots of the same companies over and over made to look independent anyway. Social media is pretty much there so you communicate only through that medium.

Same with phones. Everyone is made to have a phone now with fingerprint scanning and now retina scanning, so that your phone is basically a hop skip and jump from a subdermal identity chip.
>>
>>56299922
They'll use the data they gather about social structures to place their agents in all the right circles so that they may influence public sentiment and become tastemakers sponsored by the highest bidder.
>>
The goal of Facebook is to replace the rest of the internet.
>>
>>56299999
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.