[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RJ45 A or B?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: rj45-wiring-schemes.png (135KB, 450x275px) Image search: [Google]
rj45-wiring-schemes.png
135KB, 450x275px
RJ45 A or B?
>>
B
>>
theyre plastic shells with coppper inside, it doesnt fucking matter
>>
B my dear friend. OoGbBgBRbr
>>
Bro, just make sure both ends match. I literally just alternate stripe/solids and keep colors together. No particular order. Whatever's the fastest.
>>
>>56295130
My trick is if you pull the cable from over your shoulder, Orange is right. You should be able to hang your coat on the plastic thingy.
>>
anyone who splices their own cables loses all respect from me. if you think saving $.50 is worth the bullshit trouble of making sure those piece of shit wires go in the correct is worth your time, you are not worth my time
>>
>>56295180
Carefull wit stripping(40ish mm) the outer shell.
But untwist evenly !
Cut off straight around 12 mm
Push on the rj45 so that eventually, you force the insulation beyond the locking notch.
Crimp in pince
Walla, repeat
>>
File: 2015-10-12_02-33-56.png (155KB, 356x183px) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-12_02-33-56.png
155KB, 356x183px
>>56295242
>walla
>>
>>56295192
You sir, are a lousy technitian. Good wiring is placed with care. Uneven untwisting, damaging core, damaging shielding, bad single connection , cross core fuckup, bad crimping all eat away good and speedy cable works!
>>
>>56295192
...I work in installation and have to make my own cables.
>>
B
>>56294346
>>56295130
>>
>>56295274
Its the phonetic humorous way of saying voilá. But complicated for someone who only speaks american english
>>
B
>>
>>56295287
>>56295192
He probably runs goldplated ethernetcables that are way to long over the floor and walls of his parents basement. I place 'em inwall at the correct length and shielded, toward a patch cabinet.
>>
File: totally fucked.jpg (74KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
totally fucked.jpg
74KB, 720x960px
>>56294308
>Doing a site survey for a possible new customer
>Old technician explaining the wiring situation at one of the four sites
>Multi-story apartment complex.
>Each unit has a LAN connection with ports in different rooms
>One cat5e run to every two units.
>Two pair of each run split out to provide data connection to each unit served.
>In each unit, tenant before moving in is asked where they want Internet connectivity
>Old technician would go to each port they didn't use before the location the tenant wanted internet at would be and scotch lock disjoint wires together to provide connectivity further down the line
>Re-punch the two pair at the destination wall jack
>Call it good
>This was a design decision when the building was constructed.
>>
>>56295385
Only premade patch cables go form patch strip to switch, and from wall socket to appliance
>>
>>56294308
}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
B
>>
>>56294308
B, always B
>>
>>56295192
The most baby boomer comment I ever seen on /g/. Rather buy your way out of a problem then put some thought into it.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.