[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help with work project

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: brexit.png (515KB, 540x568px) Image search: [Google]
brexit.png
515KB, 540x568px
I work at a school where we do video announcements in the morning and broadcast to all the classrooms in the building. The equipment we have not is outdated (there's a fucking VHS player on the media cart) so I am trying to redo the whole thing. My knowledge of video production is limited.

I need a PC that can do the following while not breaking the bank:
>stream live video
>green screen (live)
>not be obsolete in a year

What specs would I need to pull something like this off? Also what green screen software and local streaming software should I use. I don't mind paying a yearly subscription or whatever, but I'm also not paying thousands.

*I'm not just going to use an ipad or whatever because it would take all the fun from the kids doing the broadcasts. I need them to do: teleprompter, cameraman, sound, anchors. Also, suggestion for anchor wireless mics? These are young kids so nothing too expensive.

TL;DR Help me build a cheap rig that can stream live green screen video/sound in a building.

In exchange here's a shitty meme I made
>>
>>56292876
>usa
>not white
Seems right.
>>
File: br2.png (799KB, 876x584px) Image search: [Google]
br2.png
799KB, 876x584px
>>56292892
goddamnit /pol/
here's another one for lulz/bump
>>
See if you could pull an old Dell Optiplex. The 755 should be fine.
Install 8GB RAM, get a decent GPU. I've used the GT 610 on my entertainment PC since it mainly plays movies.
Install Adobe Photoshop, After Effects, and maybe something like Sony Vegas for rendering. It should work for a while if you have Win7 on it.
>>
>>56292892
you aint white, pedro
>>
Install Arch
>>
>>56292925
It only requires that low of specs? I was thinking of a 560ti. I think I want to do a brand new build though so it'll last for a while. I'm think like 500-800 sheckels. They were planning on buying a fucking iMac @ $1,700. I figured doing everything for a lot less would impress my bosses.
>>
>>56292876
>I work at a school
>work

Lies. Underaged b&
>>
>>56292997
Dis nigga talmbout Linux. I think it's would cause problems senpai. Plus these kids have to work it.
>>
>>56293028
Not worth it. Just do what I do and I work at a HS as the student's IT service bs (min wage). I just install pirated windows. If it picks up the piracy, get a cracker such as KMSPico
I have installed numerous copies of Photoshop CS6 and Win7 on so many PCs at my school/workplace
I have torrent URIs and DDL links for some crap if you need.
>>
File: 1469576043092.jpg (20KB, 288x288px) Image search: [Google]
1469576043092.jpg
20KB, 288x288px
>>56293044
Yes, I'm posting from my high chair right now while being fed mashed up peas.
>>
>>56292997
Normies need to work on these. Not gonna work.
>>
>>56292925
>>56293090
>>56293106
Me in my shitty school. Censored for reasons.
>>
File: 01397A0.jpg (97KB, 540x723px) Image search: [Google]
01397A0.jpg
97KB, 540x723px
>>56293090
My school district has it's own images. They're pretty shit, but you can't connect to the wifi if it's not their image (no one has wifi pass). The dumbass images also don't let you download or install anything, so once I find the software I'll be using I have to put in a form to get it approved. It's a headache. Couldn't work at a high school. (pic very related) How do you get paid minimum? I make like $17 an hour and elementary schools are usually significantly less work. :/
>>
>>56293159
Since you work there you should have an admin pass for some computer somewhere. Just log onto admin account on Windows PC and go to Internet Options -> Connections -> LAN Settings. Check the settings. Run an ethernet to the PC and configure the internet options accordingly. You wouldn't be able to connect wifi on the optiplex anyways since no integrated wifi. I don't use my schools wifi, since it's absolute shit even though I have the password. If you're in an NYC school, I can get the pass.
>>
>>56293218
They have their own proxy server. If it's not connected to it (even hardwired in) it won't let you access the internet or the intranet OR the storage servers. (Machines have 250gig HDDs. I do have an admin account, but it doesn't let me do much more than a regular acc.
>>
>>56293149
is it just me or is the lenovo logo on the top of the monitor upside down?
>>
>>56293356
backwards because camera mirror.

>>56293340
the internet options menu should give you the proxy settings.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.