[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is actually wrong with IE, and by shouldn't I use it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: ie_old.png (85KB, 3771x1675px) Image search: [Google]
ie_old.png
85KB, 3771x1675px
What is actually wrong with IE, and by shouldn't I use it?
>>
shameless bump
>>
>>56290222
It pains me to see such wasted trips.

If IE runs well for your daily use there's no reason not to use it.
>>
File: 1470568832548.jpg (138KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
1470568832548.jpg
138KB, 500x750px
>>56290222
Because it's full of widely known security holes and even casual browsing will put you in danger of infecting your computer.
>>
If you actually mean IE it's been deprecated by Edge.

If you mean Edge, it's a fine browser for normies but it lacks a whole lot of features essential to power users.
>>
>>56290222
windows is for gaymes only.
You shouldn't expose yourself on the Internet form it.
>>
>>56290222

its so shit that Microsoft themselves are trying to kill it dead.
>>
>>56290222
Because its a microsoft controloled pile of fuck thats why.

>garbage UI, refresh in the middle with the URL bar? home over on the right? forward and back to the left? put the related controls together you fucking fucking piece of hot steaming shit jesus fuck this isnt difficult.

>annoying shit, literally like 3 popups as soon as I open the thing "enable smartscreen", "use recommended settings" PISS OFF AND LET ME DOWNLOAD CHROME

>I dont know what this is but its UI related I guess. I opened up IE7 or 8, I cant remember which. I took one look at the UI and laughed. There was a button called "research" there as well. I clicked it, nothing happened. Brilliant.

>MS took fucking forever to develop tabbed browsing

They should rename it to internet pile of fuck. Microsoft can piss off, everything they do is shit. I remember struggling with my 2MB of free hotmail space, 12MB cost money and suddenly google shows up and gives 1GB to everyone for free. I remember having microsoft works (hah) and trying to use my .wks files in microsoft office and it wouldnt fucking work. Why have a .wks format in the first place just use .doc you cunts jesus.

That said things could be worse. Im glad im not dying of aids after getting raped in a ditch in *insert cuck tier country here e.g germany* and the most I have to complain about are the shenanigans of a cunting software company.
>>
>>56290838
I'm on Windows 8.1
>>
>>56290222
lack of compatibility
ever since IE 8 it's lost a ton of market share. Chrome has pretty much taken over and now even Microsoft has abandoned IE (Not really tho). Web Devs don't really even bother testing on IE anymore.
>>
op is just going to shill and make ridiculously stupid counter arguments to others' valid arguments
>>
>>56291433
OP here, I haven't said anything except >>56291294.
>>
>>56290222
How new are you even
>>
>>56291523
..Very?

Like this should not be rocket science to figure out.
>>
>>56291294
As a fellow MS shill, if you cant use edge you might as well switch to firefox. IE11 is getting left behind very quickly. IE11 is already missing a bunch of ES6 goodies and extensions just hit Edge. Besides that IE is a lot better than /g/ would have you believe but still not worth using. I would only consider using IE in you situation if battery life is super important since it is just about the only thing it does better than modern chrome and firefox.
>>
>>56291189
The fuck you need a home button for? I use my history and bookmarks constantly.
>>
>>56290222
Nothing's wrong with it, it's the only one that uses hardware acceleration properly
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.