[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /g/ think of Manjaro?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

Is it any good? Would you recommend using it?

Also in general just how stable/reliable is Manjaro?
>>
>>56289611
It is a meme distro that is just for retards who are too incompetent to install Arch.
>>
>>56289611
Looks like Windows 10 although probably much better since it's Linux. I kind of like the green theme.
>>
>>56289611
antergos is better
>>
>>56289611
It's a dumb man's Arch. The arch devs or someone on the arch wiki have already figured out how to fix anything way before the Manjaro devs do. You're better off with Arch
>>
>>56289611
Memejaro is only for time travelers you fool.
>>
It's the Mint of the Arch world. Incompetent devs, no security.

Use Antergos instead.
>>
>>56289642
>>56289693
Isn't Arch is unstable as hell though?
>>
>>56289642
>>56289657
>>56289693
>>56289747
>>56289752
>Hurr durr people who use Manjaro are idiots

>>56289643
It's the perfect replacement for people wanting to get into Linux

>>56289762
Depends on what packages you get

>>56289611
On a scale from 0-10, a 9.
>>
It's probably a cool distro IF you have installed arch before and want something a little more stable.

I think everyone should install arch at least once to see what goes into a distro. If my arch ever goes down, I'll either be picking Manjaro or antergos because I won't have any wired connections to install my Broadcom drivers from kek.

The only thing to worry about is the devs have come off as incompetent once in a while. But I imagine it picks up the slack that Debians repository system lacks.

>>56289762
Absolutely not. It's a stupid meme by people who got tired of the arch community being pretentious. If you're ever worried about something breaking on update, just lurk the arch forums for a hot second and then update.

If you keep your system up to date, it's pretty easy to figure out what goes wrong. But even then, I wouldn't expect anything crazy to get into the stable arch repositories that causes your SSD to pop out of your case and become a decepticon or something.

Ive had more things break on update on Ubuntu than arch.
>>
Disclaimer: I use neither Arch or any distributions built on it.

Looking through the forum/community of Manjaro you see the very opposite of Arch. Poor to no English skills except for some maintainers, near zero documentation about anything, and strange names (calling their i3-gaps flavor/edition i3 for example).

The developers have made some good work here and there. Like their yaourt GUI is pleasant to use. It's got a very minty taste to it all, and that's not a bad thing, only there is little reason to.
The advantage that Arch brings in this setup is only frequently updated packages through its rolling release model. But why not build around Debian Sid for that, to increase dynamic linking and an easier to manage package manager, thus still receiving frequent updates, albeit not like Arch, but reducing the size of the install.

The lack of purpose other than being Arch without following the Arch philosophy makes it exactly what it is: Arch without the Arch philosophy. Bloated and allegedly with so much overhead that security updates are delayed.

But it is based on the hacker OS Arch, so perhaps that is its purpose: nothing other than being that special duckling called Arch. And perhaps that is why it attracts the audience that it has, while Arch attracts its audience.

Personal experience: it's okay. Nice package manager GUI, pretty good default packages, accessible. I suggest Fedora, Mint, Ubuntu or Sid as they all have a similar idea in their being accessible or pretty recent. Or just give it a shot and see how you like it.
>>
>>56289611
in school where i was, if somebody heard that you are using some distro and it's not gentoo he with classmates can fuck your ass, because you're using distros for gays. true mens use gentoo
>>
File: 1462051324025.png (117KB, 1465x1007px) Image search: [Google]
1462051324025.png
117KB, 1465x1007px
>>56289693
>>
File: William_Butthurt.jpg (65KB, 450x566px) Image search: [Google]
William_Butthurt.jpg
65KB, 450x566px
>>56289611
>people who use distros that aren't Fedora or Ubuntu
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.