[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Touch disease

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 159
Thread images: 9

Apple did this to get the iphone 6 users to upgrade to the 7

There is no way that thing just happened like that randomly.
>>
>>56284482
They do it every single time they release a new one, so yea obviously it's intentional.
>>
>>56284521
this

Apple has a habit of releasing questional software right before a newer release occurs, they've been doing it since the first video iPods when they would purposely write code that slows down the hardware, breaks a feature or induces a total failure of the product.
>>
>>56284682
my music magically stopping would make me rage so fucking hard.
shit would then refuse entirely to play at all afterwards

so sad. the ipodtouches were so fucking good back then.
>>
Just like the iPhone 4 power button issue. Pay apple a shitton to fix it or get a new phone.
>>
>>56284482
Not sure what you are referring to OP, but I remember with the 1st iphone (in my country at least) which was the 3G, once the 3GS came out and they rolled the ios update, it became slightly slower.

Once the update for the 4 came out, it became barely unusable.

What apple managed to accomplish doing that wasn't me buying a newer model. It was switching boats with the firm intention to never switch again.

GG morons.
>>
>>56284682
>>56284521
you guys make it out like it's something more deliberate than software developers no longer targeting their product for the hardware in question. you can't accuse apple of being incompetent, buffoons, etc... in making iOS and then also accuse them of being hyper-competent villains, deliberately sabotaging their own product to sneakily coerce people into upgrading. it's not even internally valid, let alone consistent with any hard evidence (or even persuasive circumstantial evidence).
>>
>>56285253
>There is no way that thing just happened randomly
>other posts similarly assuming conspiracy
Isn't it fascinating how readily unemployed autistic people imagine conspiracies going on at corporations? You couldn't believe this if you had ever worked at a company with more than 20 people in it.
>>
>>56285276
>>56285327
Lmao.

I'm employed on a corporation that spans most of my country and latin america.

My factual evidence is that when a new ishit comes out and there's a software upgrade, it almost brick your old device.
>>
>>56285854
your factual evidence is leading you to make a conclusion that's not supported by the evidence. if i pointed to your shitty english skills and said "that proves it - he must be retarded", you would probably point out that i was taking one data point and drawing a convenient, but unwarranted, line from that data point to the conclusion i want to draw.

ishit phones becoming slow and horse shit don't prove anything except that apple's engineers don't give any fucks about making sure that iOS works well on any device that has been succeeded by another device. you have to understand that there's a difference between no longer giving a shit and actively bricking it.
>>
>>56285949
*tips fedora*
>>
>>56285973
wow epic lulz
>>
>>56285983
yea nice backpedaling after I OWNED you
>>
>>56285276
>>56285327
Same applefag or two shills. Either way, much faggotry here.
>>
>>56285949
Reminds me of the ignorant bitch I tried to reason with when she tried to convince me that Dell purposely infected her computer with a virus in order to sell her a anti virus.

>Imagine the amount of people you would need to actively do that
>and then the number of people they would need to push the anti virus to the costumers trying to convince them to purchase it
>it just doesnt make sense, it makes more sense for it to be random
>crickets.jpg
>>
>>56285949
>if i pointed to your shitty english skills
Woah, one little mistake.

How well do you speak 2 other languages other than english? What's that, you don't speak anything else? Damn. You must be retarded.

No longer giving a shit is the same as actively bricking it in my book. They release an update without checking if it'll interfere with older devices. Why? Because there's a new one out.
>>
File: 1468405362671.jpg (219KB, 1198x836px) Image search: [Google]
1468405362671.jpg
219KB, 1198x836px
>>56285949
>>
>gf wants to sell her iphone 6 to get a p9 plus
proud tears
>>
>All this damage control

iFags on suicide watch
>>
The best thing an Apple user can do is to sell an iPhone and get a Samsung, an S7 if you can, it can be used for years and also you can mod it as you want.
>>
>>56286402
>samsung
not even once
>>
>>56285276
>villains, deliberately sabotaging their own product
Sure.

That is how you make a mildly faster new product seem like a rocket in comparison.

And it works.

Every single time.
>>
File: jobsemail.jpg (33KB, 600x382px) Image search: [Google]
jobsemail.jpg
33KB, 600x382px
>all these retards
you are holding it wrong, that's why it happens.
>>
>>56286402
>Samsung
Thanks Pajeet, many Rupees have been moved in to your SamShill account.
>>
>>56286402
>you can mod it as you want
you can't.
>>
dumbass retards this is a manufacture problem and has been happening.
>>
>>56284482
>Apple did this to get the iphone 6 users to upgrade to the 7
Like Microsoft did with the RROD, you mean?
Oh yes, that was a good move.
>>
>>56287991
this.

Why is /g/ so triggered by apple they have make these huge shitstorsms over nothing? Do people really think apple is worst than any other company? How naive are you?

The fact that apple keeps supporting old devices still blows my mind. I mean, iPhone 5 is getting iOS10
>>
>>56285949
>i have touch disease
>>
Given that last year's iPhones have 2gb of ram, won't that make it harder for new Apple software to slow them down?
>>
>>56288701
>over nothing

I wouldn't call "" premium"" products shitting the bed because of the manufacturer the manufacturer forgetting to use/deliberately not uung something as basic as underfill nothing.
>>
>>56290971
>mobileposting
Just fuck my shit uo
>>
>>56290927
no, why would it? it's easy to underclock the CPU and limit the ram, isn't it?
>>56284682
>>56286223
and thinking these entries, and assuming apple makes money by selling new phones, it really might be trick to make more money. Thanks to its closed source we don't/can't have any evidence.
>>
>>56290971
Im sorry about the austism
>>
>>56286223
If this is proof of planned obsolescence how come the graphic goes down? It should go up and stay up. It looks like implementation issues.

It also looks to me like one of the cases where /g/ tries hard to believe in something because apple sux amrite?

There has never been actual proof that apple makes old devices slow on purpose. There are many people out there perfectly happy with the performance on their iPhones 5/5s even though they are 4 year old.

Isnt apple still supporting some 2007 iMacs/Macbooks today? Its one of their selling points and it costs them very little, they arent going to stop doing it.
>>
>>56284482
What am I supposed to see in this? Im not an iPhone user..
>>
Its actually way sadder, its just incomptitence.
>>
File: 1472056703581.jpg (35KB, 735x541px) Image search: [Google]
1472056703581.jpg
35KB, 735x541px
>>56291235
Not an argument
>>
>>56291529
What your argument? Apple should be flawless a company? Its a mass produced electronic, shit is going to happen.
>>
>>56291200
>no, why would it? it's easy to underclock the CPU and limit the ram, isn't it?

If Apple is doing it on purpose.
If not then new updates shouldn't slow the 6S line down much because of the ram cushion.
>>
>>56291316

You are either really retarded or simply trying to avoid that the problem is those huge spikes aligning with the releases of new iphones. The fact that the line goes down after each spike indicates that users are upgrading to newer models and/or simply decide to bear the lag. The fact that most tech illiterates immidiately upgrade to the newer model just because "DUDE NEW IPHONE LMAO" makes such a thing easier to pull off. Also

>anyone who doesn't like what I like is a 12 year old 1!1!1!!!111
>>
>>56286219
>How well do you speak 2 other languages other than english? What's that, you don't speak anything else? Damn. You must be retarded.

Is this some kind of elaborate ruse? You're just proving his point.
>>
>>56291626
I'm not talking about manufacturing defects. The manufacturer not using a simple and cheap technique like underfilling or putting shielding over the ICs like they did on the previous model especially when the subject is a mobile device is not the same as a product being faulty because of a worker doing sloppy work.

This is a design flaw and the fact that they used shielding on the iphone 5 whereas they didn't use shielding nor underfill on the iphone 6 is enough to raise doubts.
>>
>>56291681
Im sorry but you are assuming that they are all upgrading to newer models? That is just stupid. Just look at the percentage of iPhones 5/5s in use.

If you knew something about technology you would understand what happens when a new OS is released. Memory leaks, optimization issues, bugs etc that might make your device slow, specially since we are talking about the older models here. Same thing would happen with android if all devices had synced updates.
>>
>>56291785
Phones that aren't iShit don't have this problem. :^)
>>
>>56291681
>you are assuming that they are all upgrading to newer models

No, I am not. They are either upgrading to different models(ios or android) or simply deciding to bear with it after they realize that there isn't much that they can do about their phone lagging on the newer OS after doing some research(cause of the spikes). Of course the line is going to go down after a huge spikes, the userbase of old devices becomes smaller gradually and the "DUDE NEW IPHONE LMAO" mentality also accelerates this.

>b-but a new OS lagging is normal
>backpedaling this much

You can use marshmallow on an S3 without lag. Some custom ROM made in some random guy's free time running well on a device that's 3 years older than the ROM itself but a new OS created by a huge company's paid developers not running well on a device that's also 3 years older than the OS itself isn't acceptable in my book.
>>
>>56291976
Meant for>>56291785
>>
>macfags argue that iphone is better because it it updated for longer
>when pointing out that the updates make it slow and unusable, macfags say that this is normal and expected
kek
>>
>>56291976
>>56292056
>this is what poorfags actually believe

How come my iPhone 5 runs smoothly on iOS 9.3.4?

Having no updates is the worst android feature of all you have to be absolutely retarded to defend it.

Btw, I had a galaxy s3 running CM and it runs like shit compared to my iPhone.
>>
>>56292595
>Having no updates is the worst android feature of all you have to be absolutely retarded to defend it.
No system updates doesn't not mean that new apps are not compatible, unlike apple trash
I can still install every basic app on my 2012 phone running CM11 but almost nothing is compatible/working with my ipod touch 4 from 2011
>>
>>56291976
You are absolutely retarded. There is zero proof of any of you said. Anyone that understands how a implementation of a new OS works would say that this is what is happening here. You have 0 evidence that people are buying newer phones. Most iPhones in use today are older models. If the spike goes down its because the issues got fixed.

You know how they got fixed? Software updates. Thats right. I know poor people dont even know that exists because they use android. But that is how it works.
>>
Jesus fucking Christ, your hate for Apple is so irrational that you seriously think they've planned this shit? How would that even make sense? You do realize that Apple will have to repair them for free if this is a widespread defect, right?

This site is full of children.
>>
>>56292617
>all this poorfag mental gymnastics
>still no software updates

pathetic.
>>
File: 1468954333782.png (442KB, 525x516px) Image search: [Google]
1468954333782.png
442KB, 525x516px
>>56292646
>>
>>56284482
>got an nexus 7 2013 on release
>use it heavily
>my wife uses it heavily
>won't get android 7 but is still reliable and fast as fuck as fuck
>ipads around me starting to stutter the moment a successor is announced
feels good not falling for the crapple-meme.
>>
>>56285276
Never claimed Apple was incompetent. Also, you don't need to be competent to introduce failure in your device and figure out that if you kill your old device just before you release your new overhyped device, it's gonna increase sales.
>>
>>56292637
B-B-B-BUT APPLE IS BAD AND NORMIES USE IPHONES REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>56292646
> I can buy a new iPhone!!!!!11 Im not poor!!!!1
>>
>>56292637
> if this is a widespread defect
If there's a class action lawsuit. There will be one, though, judging by the scale of those news. This will not stop Apple from cucking its customers.
>>
>>56292595
>t. Pajeet
>>
>>56292636
>what is reading comprehension

I was saying that I was assuming something other than what you said, autist. I actually posted something that supports my claims but you still haven't posted anything but baseless conjecture.

>b-but it's fixed!!
>source: my ass
Yes it's all fixed but the spikes keep occuring, rite?

>le iphones make me rich meme
I would also be an unpaid shill if I had to get a loan to buy a sub $1000 device.
>>
>>56284482
yeah, that's the first fucking time ever that planned obsolescence was present in any ishit
Such a surprise
>>
>>56292656
i want to fug mafuyu
>>
>>56292764
How mad do you have to be to call an iPhone user a pajeet? Its like calling a Android user Rich and White.
>>
File: 1452565360405.jpg (80KB, 1280x534px) Image search: [Google]
1452565360405.jpg
80KB, 1280x534px
>>56292788
CURRY UP NOW
U
R
R
Y

U
P

N
O
W
>>
>>56292770
>I actually posted something that supports my claims but you still haven't posted anything but baseless conjecture
What exactly supports any of your claims?

You have zero evidence for anything.

Like I said about that graphic, its stupid to assume the spike goes down because people are buying new devices since there are more old devices in use than newer devices.

This literally happens to every new major OS updates on release. Why are you denying this? Optimization issues get fixed with updates, that is why the spikes go down so quickly. If this was planned obsolescence than all old iPhones would be slow, which is not the case. iphone 5/5s/6 are all working fine.
>>
>>56292788
>think that being able to buy a device that costs less than $1000 makes you somehow rich

Stop slacking off and get back to flipping burgers
>>
>>56292781
this

I want to very kindly and friendly remind you that this company IS THE HIGHEST VALUED COMPANY ON EARTH. EVER

You don't reach that level of market cap as a production company without any planned obsolescence in your strategy.

The fact that other companies that do will simply pass you is enough of a proof that there's no way they aren't doing it themselves
>>
>>56292841
I never said that. Its just statistics m8, no need to get mad about it.

Iphone users are on average richer, whiter and smarter than Android users.
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 1242x2208px
Mine is fine.
Here is a screenshot to prove it!
>>
better put on your tinfoil hat too OP
you never know, maybe Apple is reading your thoughts too?
>>
>>56292849
they design everything with their core marketing strategy in mind,

everything else gets a backseat to the planned obsolescence, fashion accessory approach to selling Chinese garbage for great profit margins

I think Apple's decline lies in the fact that the market is getting too saturated in features to keep them relevant. They're also not keeping the fashion accessory aspect of their devices in check. Too many lines are due for redesigns. These redisgns should be happening way more often to keep consumertards buying the newest iteration. How are you supposed to pretend to be rich with your newest ishit when the old one looks almost exactly identical?

I think Apple has deluded itself into thinking the hardware they make is actually good and that they don't need frequent aesthetic changes to stay relevant. This is why their stock has been a wild ride lately.
>>
Does anyone else remember when Apple was holding iPhone stock in their warehouses to artificially reduce supply so they could charge the initial round of consumers more?

What a great and honest company.
>>
>>56292841
>>think that being able to buy a device that costs less than $1000 makes you somehow rich
what is middle class America?
>>
>>56288701
>iPhone 5 is getting iOS10
Yet, the iPod Touch 5th gen isn't.
>>
>>56292832
By your logic the line wouldn't go down if the issues were supposedly fixed. People don't start doing research every day when they have a problem with their device.

Also you can't say that it isn't planned obsolescense if some newer old devices aren't affected yet. The manufacturer could as well start to gimp devices after their age passes a certain number to avoid raising doubts. Also bugs that are sorted out after the release aren't an excuse for a huge company like apple. I'm pretty sure a company like apple can actually make sure that their software doesn't suffer from issues that affect performance and can be fixed before actually releasing updates.
>>
>>56292954
>great and honest
>company
uhuh
>>
>>56292954
Are you saying they are different from literally any other company?
>>
>>56292796
Place has curry in the name but shows a burrito... Fuckin what
>>
>>56292967
Ipod touch 5 has the 4s SoC
>>
>>56292862
>b-but it's true because I said so
>still no source
>>56292962
>think that spending such a small amount of money is impressive
>implying you aren't poor
>>
>>56286223
At least iOS gets updates still, And daily reminder most Android users are still on 4.4 released in 2013...
>>
>>56292978
>I'm pretty sure a company like apple can actually make sure that their software doesn't suffer from issues that affect performance and can be fixed before actually releasing updates.
I see what the problem is now, you are 100% tech illiterate.
>>
>>56293027
>I don't know what beta testing is
>implying apple cant beta test

Ok
>>
>>56293006
>>still no source

http://www.businessinsider.com/credit-suisse-estimates-588-million-apple-users-2016-4
>Apple users are significantly richer than non-Apple users according to Credit Suisse

http://money.cnn.com/2015/01/22/technology/mobile/iphone-smart-study/
>A new study conducted by online advertising networkfound that states with more college graduates tend to also have higher iPhone sales.

http://www.businessinsider.com/android-is-for-poor-people-maps-2014-4
>These maps showing the locations of 280 million individual posts on Twitter shows a depressing divide in America: Tweets coming from Manhattan(Rich) tend to skew in favor of iPhones. Tweets coming from Newark, N.J.(Poor), index more heavily from Android phones.
>>
>>56293007
In order for your comparison to make sense, you need to compare Apple against a single Android phone manufacturer, and it has to be one of the big ones, like Samsung, HTC, or LG. Your choice.
>>
>>56293006
>>think that spending such a small amount of money is impressive
>>implying you aren't poor
like I said, literally middle class America
>mortgage for rest of life
>maxed out credit cards
>loans against everything
>wage slave labor with no benefits or job security
At least you can pretend to be rich with your Normie Face jacket and latest ishit in gold. Apple is the American dream realized
>>
>>56293049
Of course they beta test, but this is literally impossible not to happen. Why do you think every single software is always releasing one updates after the other?

Things are more complicated than you realize, specially since we are talking about a OS that will be introduced to millions of phones at once, my underage friend.
>>
>>56293061
>comparing a single overpriced brand to a whole ecosystem of phones with hundreds of OEMs
meme it!
>>
>>56293117
If its overpriced how come smarter and more financially educated people prefer it?
>>
>>56293061
You need to qualify that education correlates with intelligence. At this time in America, the only solid thing you can say about education without citing sources is that education is exorbitantly expensive. Given that, is it that educated people are intelligent and therefore use iPhones, or is it that they don't know of how to manage their money well? You say nothing of debt, which is pertinent to the conversation. We already know America's economy is a debt based one.

You're really making a better case for America being a consumerist culture than iPhones correlating with some kind of moral value.

Nice troll, though, you got at least one anon.
>>
>>56293061
>there are both expensive flagships and 256MB RAM notton of the barrel android devices

Combine that with the fact that IOS has less than half of the market share of android amd you get an economically diverse userbase. Most people are poor so it's self explanatory. Continue thinking that your sub $1000 device makes you rich if it makes sleeping at night any easier.
>>
>>56293154
>Combine that with the fact that IOS has less than half of the market share of android amd you get an economically diverse userbase. Most people are poor so it's self explanatory
Actually, these tests are all based in the USA where markwtshare is pretty much 50/50

>Continue thinking that your sub $1000 device makes you rich if it makes sleeping at night any easier.
I never said that. Why do you people get mad with facts?

>>56293148
Its not a long shot to assume rich people are more educated.
>>
>>56291681
I hjave issues with the descrepancy between your bias against the tech illiterate and your use of the word lag.
>>
>>56286223
Holy crap those fucking search spikes, where is the source? If this is real this is fucking disgusting
>>
>>56293144
the same reason they pay 200USD for potato burlap sack shoes made in China that last half a month

Fast fashion is a big industry
When you have money you don't really care

I always use the latest ishit and sell off the last gen to some poorshit that wants to be part of the """"""Apple elite""""""
>>
>>56293281
>When you have money you don't really care
hahaha

>this is what poorfags actually believe.

Or maybe its because they can afford the best product.
>>
>>56293299
>Or maybe its because they can afford the best product.
Not sure if Apple is the best fashion accessory these days. It's kind of associated with middle class and college students trying too hard imo.
>>
Cringeworthiest thread on /g/ right now
OP, this time you're not the only fag.
>>
>>56293211
Not an argument
>>56293252
Yes because a shit ton of people start searching the term "iphone slow" oit of nowhere. Stay delusional.
>>
>>56293342
Well, at least its still faster than any android phone and gets software updates.
>>
>>56293197
>Its not a long shot to assume rich people are more educated
OK, but that doesn't correlate with intelligence, as pointed out. Nor does having access to capital have any inherent philosophical value beyond a general increased quality of living.

Again, this has little to do with iPhones and more to do with the hilarious turd that the American economy has turned into.
>>
>>56293252
>where is the source
https://www.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&q=iphone%20slow

Enjoy.
>>
I must concede that I always find it funny when you all refer to people who always buy the new iPhone as "tech illiterate".

I am by no means an Apple fan but me and my family all use their products BECAUSE THEY WORK.

What people on this board (and myself years ago) consider tech illiterate is in fact people with so much money and valuable time that they don't want to dedicate hours of their lives looking this shit up. It's very important that you understand this. High calibre people would rather pay pajeets like everyone on this forum to dick around for them and then just buy the most functional, attractive, and useful product regardless of cost. Who cares about money? It works, it works well and it has constant support worldwide.

Do you get it yet? You are all pajeets here, bickering over chinkphones and whatnot because your time is so invaluable that you can dedicate it thusly. If you were serious business you'd have an iPhone and a MBP because it makes doing business as easily as possible. Lastly, you all should be striving to leave this pajeet life and get to a point where you too are pursuing projects so valuable that you simply need the best technology to facilitate that regardless of price.
>>
>>56292978
>The manufacturer could as well start to gimp devices after their age passes a certain number to avoid raising doubts
oh god

>I s-s-s-swear guise Apple bad
>>
>>56293366
>caring about software updates and it being fast
If you're not buying the newest one every release you're obviously poor. It's really disgusting to see anyone with a last gen device to be completely honest.
>>
>>56284482
Can you prove that? Because if it is intentional someone will prove it. And then Apple has a massive class action and will lose all public trust.
>>
>>56293401
Why?

Buying a new device every year is retarded. Hardware power on phones is already stagnated, they deliver more than enough power do to anything a phone needs to do.

As long you are receiving software updates there is really no longer need to buy a new phone every year anymore. This is why android is a joke, after a year you are stuck on this outdated software.
>>
>>56293393
>my family all use their products BECAUSE THEY WORK.
>entire thread about iPhone's Touch Disease
k
>>
boy it feels good to be a samshill s7 edge owner
>>
>>56293393
This

The only attractive thing about android are some useless gimmicks like ricing. And only manchildren care about that.
>>
>>56293445
>Buying a new device every year is retarded.
Why would you use Apple if you're not using the latest hardware? It screams poor. Resale is so high that you can sell a last gen to some retarded icuck and buy the newest one. Why would I sit on hardware that's getting stale and worry about what an update is going to do when I can keep getting the newest line?
Keeping any Apple hardware that is not current gen is for the mentally retarded or poor (that statement is perhaps redundant)
>>
File: I0KaBJf.png (110KB, 1222x2374px) Image search: [Google]
I0KaBJf.png
110KB, 1222x2374px
>>56293460
heh
>>
>>56293460
Yeah, I have a $150 Android phone and it does everything I want it to without any issues whatsoever.

The touchscreen works and everything.

-posted from my pajeetphone
>>
>>56292877
Fuck off fatass
>>
>>56293395
Go try using an iphone 4 with ios 8 or 9 and post your experience. Starting to gimp your devices after a certain amount of time is still planned obsolescense.
>>
>>56293496
yet my phone lasts the longest out of all of those on standby

weird!
>>
>>56293561
>iphone 4

Are you serious? Of course an old as fuck device is going to run newer software like shit. Does that really surprise you?

I have an iPhone 5 and an iPod Touch 5.

iOS9 runs smoothly on the iPhone but it struggles on the iPod. Do you know why? Planned obsolescence? No.

The iPhone 5 has an A6 while the iPod has an A5.
>>
>>56293626
>standby time

This changes everything!
>>
>>56293653
are you telling me that a phone with 3x as many processes than your average phone, running 24/7 should last longer than any other phone, without any SoT?
>>
>>56293671
Depends how much longer it lasts and how they are working under standby.

I am more concerned about performance though.
>>
>>56293635
Meanwhile an S3 can run 6.0.1 normally with the help of custom roms. I would also expect a company with a net worth of more than $600 billion dollars to be better at developing software for older phones rather than random guys at XDA.
>>
>>56292877
>1242x2208
wait what
>>
>>56293747
But the s3 is just as old as the iPhone 5.

And the iPhone is still getting official support. Way better than currymod.

You also can perform miracles. iOS9 runs badly on the A5 devices because the hardware is bad. Is not a matter of apple behind bad a porting it. Like I said, it runs fine on the iPhone.
>>
>>56293007
a very significant amount of android software still supports 4.4 (and older), so you're not losing out on the applications side whatsoever, most people only care about whether their phone will do what they want, typically you don't need the latest version of android to do that
>>
>>56293699
i mean i can go three full days on a single charge of my s7e, but i'm by no means a power user.

the processes and how 'fast' it runs doesn't bug me. it's just a phone lol. text, fb, call, google duo etc. i'm just saying despite the processes in the background it doesn't seem to be sluggish nor have bad battery life.
>>
>>56293794
>ios 8 is 3 years newer than the 4S
>marshmallow is also 3 years newer than the S3
>>
File: Delusional.png (555KB, 800x860px) Image search: [Google]
Delusional.png
555KB, 800x860px
Nothing new here
>>
>>56294221
that's literally garbage they don't even pickup off the curve

you would have to pay someone to take that so that it can be disposed properly at a recycling center
>>
>>56294006
Like I said, 4s has terrible hardware (a5). Its a 2011 phone ffs. Its not a matter of apple making it slow on purpose. iOS 9 runs perfectly on iPhone 5 which is from 2012.
>>
>>56292877
>only one clock
>>
>>56294380
The S3's hardware is also terrible in comparison to current phones. Also I'm talking about ios8 not ios9. Comparing an 4S running ios9 with a S3 running marshmallow would be unfair as the 4S would be running an OS that's more than 3 years older than itself unlike the S3.
>>
>>56285276
>Planned Obsolesence isn't real.
Well meme'd.

I'm sure that explain all of the market anayalst shitting bricks because smartphones are lasting longer then 2

http://www.businessinsider.com/apple-faces-a-longer-upgrade-cycle-2-2014-1
http://blogs.barrons.com/techtraderdaily/2016/04/07/apple-btig-asks-if-they-can-somehow-reverse-slowing-of-upgrade-cycles/
https://twitter.com/kantar/status/702166371245891587
>>
What a bliss must it be to get brainwashed into shilling Apple so fiercely.
>>
>>56292967
>buying an iPod.
>>
>>56293635
Even iOS 10 runs smoothly on iPhone 5
>>
>>56293635
>t. Pajeet
>>
Planned obsolescence is real, no doubt, but this is more of an issue of horrible quality control, pajeets/sloppy third world coders being in charge of development, female coders because 'muh equality', no one auditing them properly in favor of deadlines, etc, etc,

iOS has been in serious decline since a couple of years before Stece Jopps passed, but now it's reaching exponential levels of shittiness... I mean, just look at the iOS 10 features... The future of iOS is lag city, even on the "latest tech" iPhones...
>>
>>56295174
>What a bliss must it be to get brainwashed into shilling Apple so fiercely.
Makes a nice change from the numerically fewer but more-frequently posting Linux shills.
>>
>>56285264
Yes but applefags do not ever conceive a world where they do not have the latest apple product. To do so causes them great pain.
>>
>>56299103
What are you even talking about? I see people everywhere with iPhones 5/5s/5c. Im pretty sure its still the most popular iPhone model.
>>
>>56299103
this desu senpai
>>
>>56293771
the marvels of apple's scaling tricks:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25755443/iphone-6-plus-resolution-confusion-xcode-or-apples-website-for-development
https://www.paintcodeapp.com/news/iphone-6-screens-demystified
>>
>>56301132
Even better: https://www.paintcodeapp.com/news/ultimate-guide-to-iphone-resolutions
>>
>>56299103

The 5S is extremely popular, so popular that Apple went and made the SE, which is a 5S on the outside and a 6S on the inside. Which is pretty much the best thing ever.
>>
>>56288701
its cool in a way - as long as the updates work well instead of slowing old functionality down and so on

my iPhone 5 was getting so damn laggy this year that I bought a goddamn $200 huawei honor to replace it.

there might be some hardware fault in the iPhone, I guess, as the problems were pretty weird, but if it was software induced... I'd respected Apple more for refusing such updates.
>>
>>56286402
A Nexus you could mod all you want, but an s7 nope. Exynos variants are struggling to run CM 13 and Qualcomm variants have locked bootloaders.
>>
>>56288701
Meanwhile, fucking pajeetsoft has managed to update my PC from 2009 with 2016 software. Yup VISTA->10

Botnet or not, what Apple does with iPhones isnt special.
>>
>>56286223
epic, It's mostly people hearing about the new ones and then thinking their phone is slow, more of a psycological thing.
My 4s still runs smoothly

>people don't know how to maintain a device and when to reset their phone
>muh planned obsolescence
>>
>>56302252
my iPhone 5 would occasionally refuse to do anything when trying to do something

like I'd type a sentence on IRC or whatsapp and nothing would happen, after some seconds there'd come some weird bunch of letters kinda resembling what I tried to type

I reset it and so on and so on; yet this kept happening

I'm assuming not every iPhone does this but fug u (unless mine was just a hardware problem, in which case I just had bad luck)
>>
>>56294398
TWO CLOCKS ;^)
>>
>>56294398
The icon of "Clock" is a clock too.
>>
>>56284482
>buys luxury phone
>drops 800 on it
>Apple stops supporting it just 18 months later
>can only sell it for 300 due to so many on Craigslist now

>Be me
>buy nexus 6 for 350 bucks off contract
>prepaid 55/month for 10gb
>0 issues, gets latest updates from google
>TFW there is already a Android N port for the nexus 4 from 2012
>TFW that's what the android community is about
>TFW it doesn't take a rocket scientist to make custom ROMs to continue the support for the hardware

That's what you're buying when you buy a Android with the exception of flagships, youre paying for the hardware. i phones cost a shit ton more because you're paying for the customer support and tech support but apple gives you a big "fuck you" and you still buy a new 800 dollar phone and try everything you can to justify it. This "lagdroid" has never boot looped, has never had battery issues, has never had a screen issue, won't brick when you replace the screen (google "error 5 itunes" and rage), and I know how to install custom ROMs after the life cycle is done, a ROM that won't brick my phone or some shit a code monkey threw together, its actual working software.

>ellohhell so pajeet has malware on your phone

Is that why so many people do it? Its self explanatory, people do it because its easy and for about a hour out of your time, you can be set up

>but I don't want to spend a hour on my pho-

Shut the fuck up, you're going to back it up and use iTunes to factory restore it along with downloading the image. There is your fucking hour.
>>
>>56303358
This. What people don't bother to mention is that you literally need to tether your phone to the PC, download the update via the slow ass iTunes app, and hope to hell it doesn't fuck itself up. I had an iPhone 4S for 3 years since it was released. It was and still is a piece of shit carrying the Apple logo, even if it is on the "latest software".
>>
>>56303638
I worked on/sold phones for Sprint. I know all the games they play. Apple products are a fad, a dying one at that. Just look up iPhone sales for these last 2 quarters. I promise this iPhone is going to flop as well.
>>
how funny, my sister's ipad 2 stopped working today, it won't turn on
>>
>>56291976
>You can use marshmallow on an S3 without lag
I couldn't use marshmallow on my S3 for more than three days because of random reboots and crashes. formatted it and flashed cm11 back after I got a bootloop
>>
>>56302252
>maintain their device
>apple device
>user maintenance
>>
>>56284682
>[source]
Thread posts: 159
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.