[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Microshit: Positives?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Microshit.png (15KB, 678x452px) Image search: [Google]
Microshit.png
15KB, 678x452px
Are there any positives to this company, /g/? Or are they simply the long-time arch-nemesis of free software and nothing more?

>they developed C#
>Windows XP and 7 were pretty good
>Microsoft Office is still the best office suite, due to monopolistic asymmetrical warfare
>Bill Gates turned much of his fortune from an OS monopoly into the world's biggest charity effort.
>they inspired epin vaporwave maymays

That's about all I can think of, actually.
>>
>>56282546
They pay their employees well and have good benefits.
>>
>>56282546
Windows is still the dominant platform for gaming

hopelfully not for much longer though
>>
>>56282546
- C# is only useful on Windows
- XP and 7 were only good by Microsoft's standards
- Office could easily be replaced by another office suite if their OOXML formats weren't the standard. Office could also be replaced if it actually followed its own OOXML specifications.
- Shoveling food into third world countries without teaching them how to farm is like putting a band-aid on a knife wound
- I assume by that last point you mean all the free shitware you can download and infect your machine with

Microsoft is a terrible company with no redeeming qualities. The only reason they still rule the desktop market is because of software compatibility.
>>
>>56282913
.NET and by extension c# is open source and cross platform now.

https://github.com/Microsoft/dotnet
>>
>>56282546
They pay decently and are one of the few big tech companies where everyone still gets his own office instead of sitting in a meme open office environment where you can look at the Facebook feeds of everyone around you.
>>
>>56282546
OneNote.
>>
excel is the best spreadsheet program on merit.

I could see word powerpoint and outlook getting dethroned if the alternatives actually gave a shit and got a little better. Excel is far beyond the other offerings though.

home computers are going to die out in favor of phones and ipads soon enough. Windows could die out if they dont up their mobile game.

C# is a pleasure to program in, then again so is Ada
>>
>>56282546
>Microshit:
>positives
>>
>>56282546
I haven't used Office for any business tasks in years.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.