[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Repetitive Strain Injuries

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: ouch0.jpg (25KB, 427x470px) Image search: [Google]
ouch0.jpg
25KB, 427x470px
How does /g/ live with RSI? Tricks and tips welcome.
>>
File: 290_handmaster-plus-group.jpg (81KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
290_handmaster-plus-group.jpg
81KB, 600x600px
i don't.
i tried a ton of retarded exercises, and i even bought this retarded thing you see here having heard good things about it.
eventually, i gave up, and just resorted to avoiding further damage by keeping my elbows above a 90 degree angle at all times,
always having my wrists resting on something, and I even wasted money on gelpad that i still use to what is probably for no avail.
a year after i gave up, i had a sudden impulse after crying like a moron at how my wrist pain would never go away and how
i'd always have the grip strength of a baby: i bought a 100lb resistance hand grip.
in a week or two of using it, the pain and numbness was gone, and i could finally clench my hand without it feeling incredibly uncomfortable.
i can't tell you if it's a good idea to go straight to it without letting your wrists "take a break", so-to-say, and i can't guarantee you
it won't make it worse, but it solved my problem.
>>
>>56281471
Replace your mouse with a Wacom tablet, just a cheap one will do. This keeps your forearm bones from crossing too much. Also make sure your elbows and wrists have support and the weight is not all on your palm.
>>
>>56281471
Marijuana
>>
I just play more stepmania.
>>
File: 1443860030107.png (301KB, 507x507px) Image search: [Google]
1443860030107.png
301KB, 507x507px
>>56281471

>brown nipples
>>
>>56281471
i dont have rsi because i dont have shitty genetics
>>
dr levi my man
>>
>>56281471
use a controller
>>
>>56281471
"yes! i will fap with this arm tonight."
declared shutterstock man before erupting into maniacal laughter
>>
For me it came down to a couple of things, I was getting it really bad in my palm to where I couldn't even work (programmer for a big company), and I was taking 2/3 Ibuprofen every couple of hours to get through the work day. When you need to be on the computer 45-50 hours a week it can really be a burden.

1) I switched to a trackball. I still play games with a mouse, but I am slowly switching to trackball use full time. I use a CST Trackball. For me, where my palm was really in pain, being able to use my fingers or my palm allows me to switch as I need to. Plus people see it at work and they think I'm legit. If you don't want to spend that much, get a Logitech MX 570. Good introductory trackball.

2) I stopped using anything but mechanical keyboards. This sounds weird, but I noticed the higher force keyboards seem to help, as my work keyboard was a shitty membrane keyboard and when I typed fast I would type hard, and after a while my finger tips would be sore at the end of the day. I'm not certain how much of an impact this had, but I feel that if your fingers are sore, you are probably using more muscles to do the same tasks. YMMV.

3) Get a wrist pad for your keyboard. You don't necessarily need one for your mouse hand, although they can help. The one I use is $10 at Staples, though I get them for free at work. My CST Trackball naturally inclines so I felt that I didn't really need one.
>>
>>56282903
4) Make sure you are giving your arms enough room to lay flat and not just be suspended in the air. My desk is big enough to where my entire forearm rests and I am strictly using my hands to do everything.

5) The most important step of all, if you are in bad pain, ice it and stay off the computer! Use your non-dominant hand if you're on your smartphone and just relax your hand. Go to walgreens/walmart and get a carpal tunnel brace and carpal tunnel hand strap. Wear them during the weekend when you're really not using your computer and give your hands/arms some rest. This above all will help.

Having RSI is terrifying if your job relies on you programming/using your computer a lot. Take every precaution you can to preserve the opportunity that you have.
>>
squeeze a stress ball.
>>
>>56281750
>>56282918
Thanks
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.