[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wiping hard drives

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (55KB, 552x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 552x720px
>Selling hp notebook running Windows 10 to sociopathic but rich cousin because I just blew all my student money on a MacBook to use as fashion accessory to attact Asian women at muh college

>I'm in search of advice on what's the best way to wipe it clean so said sociopathic rich cousin doesn't use recovery software to obtain my deleted files which include my private journals detailing embarrassing experiences and secrets I wouldn't want my future wife, priest, bartender,or favorite presidential candidate to know

>coming on here humbly begging the wonderful computer experts of /g/ to recommend me a software that's easier to work than DBAN but just as effective. I can't figure out how to work the bios or even get there. I'm assuming Ccleaner driver wiper is shite. I'd love something that's free, that makes data recovery impossible and that doesn't involve difficult tasks that only computer geniuses can preform.

>pic un related used for humor purposes
>>
File: ZV1cxn.gif (4MB, 217x272px) Image search: [Google]
ZV1cxn.gif
4MB, 217x272px
>mfw attended school with jared's younger sister
>mfw see her at early voting in 2008
>mfw she most likely voted for barack obama
>mfw i voted for barack obama
>>
>>56271097
DBAN is good, GNU/shred is also nice if you want to run ubuntu or smthing off of of a live usb.
>>
>>56271097
> what's the best way to wipe it clean
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda conv=noerror && dd if=/dev/urandom of=/dev/sda conv=noerror
If that won't delete all the data, I don't know what will.
>>
>>56271225
you forgot bs=1M
enjoy waiting for hours I guess.
>>
A couple passes of random data before you reinstall Windows should be enough to defeat any software based recovery.
>>
>>56271160
why do both clinton and trump seem to have something deeply wrong with them
>>
>>56271251
Welcome to US Election 2016, we're completely fucked
>>
>>56271251
cuz Ayy Lmaos
>>
>>56271251
bernie was set up to lose, so that soc votes would go to clinton.

Trump is a long friend of clinton, running only to make her win
>>
>>56271097
swap the old hard drive with a new one and you will not have to worry
>>
>>56271097
Clean it chemically
>>
Buy new hd
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.