[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lets make a lulzy program

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: 1465741648008.gif (3MB, 350x280px) Image search: [Google]
1465741648008.gif
3MB, 350x280px
Hey /g/ents, do you like AI? I do. So, why don't we say fuck the establishment and create a true General AI inside a 3D world before a big company does?
Let's take a 3D environment, and allow it to explore and take in information similar to how we did when we were born. Let's grow in artificial intelligent software inside this 3D World. Obviously this is going to require a shit ton of thought , but I think we can do it, have a ton of fun, and learn a lot. Who's with me?
>>
What would be really cool also is to create a way so that AI is able to take control of his own body , that means no precompiled animations but instead take over the skeleton and directly influence it
>>
File: zU6hQiq.jpg (92KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
zU6hQiq.jpg
92KB, 500x667px
I'll make the logo
>>
>>56269843

XD epic idea bro. Speaking of Ideas, can I be the idea guy? I can also make the logo and write the git wiki.
>>
>>56269843
k go
>>
>>56269958
Lets do it! First, what language will we use?
>>
>>56270213
I say c++ for speed, cause all that intense processing for both ai and 3d world. Its alot
>>
>>56269999
> quads
/thread
>>
>>56269843
The problem is not creating a world that an AI would be able to perceive - nothing stops you from just giving it cameras and unleashing it on real world.
The problem is creating a model that would be able to learn from that, most importantly coming up with hypotheses and logical conclusions and such.
It's the problem that has been tacked for maybe 50 years already no one has a clue about how to even approach it.
>>
>>56270246
nah fuck that, let's use golang coupled with cobol bindings and a ruby backend.

i'll just hit my code artisan buddy
>>
Also, here's a pretty interesting and simple article about the subject.

http://karpathy.github.io/2012/10/22/state-of-computer-vision/
>>
>>56270385
We make a set of rules that allows it to take in info, assign a priority, decide what to do, then record both success and failure as experience.
>>
>>56270447
That's not an AI. That's a dumb robot that follows strictly defined set of rules that you alter based on its previous experience. The most basic requirement for an AI is to be able to make a prediction, which your proposition clearly lacks. It will be dumber than a cockroach.
>>
>>56269843
You severely overestimate the ability of /g/.
>>
>>56270466
But what is predicition? Its basically a simulation that we run in our heads and report the outcome. That is gathered from the info we observe from the environment
>>
>>56270466
It would be pretty dumb at first, but over time, it can relate to the experiences revorded and make better decisions
>>
>>56270522
And your proposed model for your AI lacks the ability to do that. When encountering something in the world, your AI will not try to make a prediction - it will just follow the simple predefined set of rules that you put into it.

>>56270530
It would make better decisions over time but with proposed model will never be able to make any predictions.
>>
>>56270546
Ok, so how do we approach the problem?
>>
>>56270584
The best way to approach it is to do what you are suggesting to do - getting experience by creating simpler things. My problem is not with what you're trying to make, it's that you are calling it an AI while it's just a simple intuitive program. Make a robot instead of make an AI would have been much better.
>>
>>56270600
Sounds good to me. But one thing that I think would be really cool is to run it entirely in a 3D space, no Hardware necessary. That way anyone who wants to mess with it just needs to clone the repository and that's it
>>
>>56270600
Also, finding a way to allow a virtual mind to control a virtual body without any animations is quite a big feat by itself
>>
fags

We should use Node.js with Brain.js or similar library
>>
>>56270711
How is it a big feat?
>>
>>56270724
The traditional model is to have a 3D model rig to a skeleton, and animations control the skeleton. But what if we can just throw a rag doll into the world, and let the mind of that character control its ragdoll, where I can do essentially any animation without needing an animator to create the custom animations? That's pretty big.
>>
File: 4zGWuki.gif (2MB, 380x214px) Image search: [Google]
4zGWuki.gif
2MB, 380x214px
>>56270750
Oh. When you said without animations while you meant with animations, it really confused me.
>>
>>56270781
Yes! Ive seen this, forgot what this is called though, can you post link?
>>
>>56270815
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgaEE27nsQw
>>
File: 1464134350946.gif (143KB, 947x744px) Image search: [Google]
1464134350946.gif
143KB, 947x744px
>>56269954

I'm calling it Quadri

This is the quari quadriped.
As you can see it has a hat because it's secure and hence covert.
4 legs means its stable and versatile.
he is jet powered because he's super fast
he has the latest sneakers because he is so up to date
he has a cane because he's puttin on the ritz.

What do you think?

Ps this is a professional project, so only intelligent professional developers should comment.
Thanks
>>
>>56270843
Thanks anon

>>56270874
Rofl nice
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.