[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Graphics Enclosure, The Wolf

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

How does /g/ feel about The Wolf?

As far as I can tell its just another graphics enclosure, I can't tell what separates it from any other enclosure.

They even include in the FAQ that you can swap out the GTX 950/970 for your own graphics card.
>>
Bumping with the kickstarter link, since I forgot it

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thewolfe/the-wolfe-supercharge-your-laptop

I feel like normies with money just throw it at the dumbest shit, Solar Freakin Roadways, anyone?
>>
>bare ones aren't available anymore
>only fits cards under 7.8 inches long
>all the good thinkpads don't have thunderbolt 3
Not going to back it, but I'm glad this is somewhat affordable. Hopefully it works out for them.
>>
>>56260612
A kickstarter for something that already exists, around the same price point too I think

How long until there are kickstarters pledging to make more stupid kickstarters?
>>
>>56260778
>A kickstarter for making a site that kickstarts projects
>>
>>56260788
No, a kickstarter to fund brainstorming of shitty kickstarter ideas
>>
File: neal_russler_they_live_glow.jpg (469KB, 825x1050px) Image search: [Google]
neal_russler_they_live_glow.jpg
469KB, 825x1050px
>>56260717
>tfw my state's dept of transportation is funding a solar roadways pilot program
>>
>>56260612

>I can't tell what separates it from any other enclosure.

Marketing and consumer care/support.
They make it look easy, sound easy, and make it seem like something normies want. They target a large subset of individuals who have disposable income, Macbook Pro owners. And they include a plug-n-play product for a seemingly fine price. They use buzzwords/eye catchers (gaming, VR, headsets, speed, performance, etc) to build hype, demonstrate differences (even if exaggerated), and show a clean and attractive product.
They did everything modern marketing has told them, and they'll likely make money off the product for it.

>>56260717
>>56260837
Solar roadways, however, were just fucking dumb as shit. There is/was literally not reason for them to ever exist.
>>
I made my own DIY external gpu case for $5.

Looks like shit but it has a charm to it.
>>
>>56260778
>around the same price
Got any links to these enclosures for under $300?
>>
>>56260875
The wolf is $400 base, not $300.
>>
>>56260859
>There is/was literally not reason for them to ever exist.
Dunno. I live in a mountainous country with narrow roads and occasional poor lighting. I would appreciate something lighting up when there are elk in the road, even if they don't produce electricity.
>>
>>56261188
I don't see how SR would make it easier, installing it would be a lot more work than just more light fixtures. Also repaving the roads with shitty glass hexagons doesn't sound like a great idea.
>>
File: 1457355708439.gif (994KB, 200x300px) Image search: [Google]
1457355708439.gif
994KB, 200x300px
>>56260612
>useless
>already exist

Who is so retarded to buy this shit?
>>
>>56260870
What's the name of the adapter one could use for the PCIe slot to T3 connector? I might want to DIY one myself at some point.
>>
>>56260756
Thinkpads suck, that's why IBM stopped making them and switched to Macs.
>>
>>56260612
>As far as I can tell its just another graphics enclosure, I can't tell what separates it from any other enclosure.
The price separates it from the rest. Have you seen how much other renclosures cost?
>>
>>56260612
can i use these things?
i have a 6-7 yo laptop with usb2.0s and the pci thingy
>>
>>56261287
I'm using PCIe -> ExpressCard.
>>
>>56260717
>Solar Roadways

Why is this not an amazing idea?
>>
>>56261449
>Implying solar panels stuck under thick (read: sunlight distorting) glass that cars have to drive on is an "amazing" idea.

Seriously, putting the panels in roads is stupidly inefficient.
>>
File: duuuuuuuuuuuuuh.png (91KB, 210x220px) Image search: [Google]
duuuuuuuuuuuuuh.png
91KB, 210x220px
>>
I bought a Razer Core. It does the exact same thing as this except it's actually supported by real companies
>>
What I don't understand is why people fall for this sort of bullshit. It's 100% pure marketing. They aren't doing anything besides making a plastic box. The GPU is 3rd party, and most likely the PSU will be as well.

There is nothing here.
>>
>>56261449
>>56261637
Reasoned and factual.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obS6TUVSZds
>>
>>56261678
Or you could have just bought a mini-itx PC and got the whole system instead.
>>
>>56261678
What device are you using it with? With what GPU?
>>
>>56261972
I'm using this for convenience of being able to use my computer anywhere or docking it for more power
>>56262391
Blade stealth and a 980ti
>>
>>56260612
Just as dumb as that Razor garbage that normalfags like >>56261678 fall for and play it off on /g/ as if they do anything productive and "need" to be mobile. They'll probably recoup any investments and maybe turn a profit just because kids/normalfags are fuckin' stupid.
>>
>>56261188

So...you'd rather pay 1,000x the cost to get some dim LEDs in the ground than some street lights?
>>
>>56260612
so it's 400$ for a box, basically?
>>
>>56260612
Why are people falling for this marked up junk?
Built a GDC Beast build for $75 NZD (Like $50USD).
Works nicely with an old 960 and power supply I already had.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.