[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm trying to decide between getting an Ultrabook or a tablet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

I'm trying to decide between getting an Ultrabook or a tablet (with a keyboard attachment) for college
What do you guys think?
>>
Tablet if the keyboard is any good. Used business laptop if you're a poorfag.
>>
>>56260576
I had a HP x2 620 for a while, loved the shit out of the fact it had a battery in the tablet and the base.

I would suggest tablet with keys if you can find one with a battery in the keyboard dock.
>>
Bought an asus hybrid 2 months ago.
I Nevers use it as a tablet.
My advice : take an ultrabook. More freedom in the choice of the os, programs...
>>
Surface 3 with 4g. Thank me later.
>>
>>56260576
X220t.
>>
>>56260576
I think you're a faggot.
-what are you studying
-what do you want to do with your pc
-were you born with a thirst for cock or did it develop over time

answer this and we will be able to help you.
>>
Tablets have mostly less power. Also Windows on a tablet is shit, you will use it only with the keyboard anyway
>>
Is a Surface pro within your budget?
I wish the Surface was around when I started uni. It looks amazing for annotation and highlighting in pdfs tobehonest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gauy34-Ogw
>>
Consider the iPad Pro. Annotation doesn't get better than the Apple Pencil. I'm not saying 'deffo buy it', but just consider it. Do research.
>>
>>56261615
The hand writing and document scanning alone makes me want to get one while there's the $300 student discount. I'll likely never use any of the audio shit. Also I like the idea of freeing my laptop, so it can be all Linux instead of a dual boot.
>>
The only acceptable answer is a laptop/netbook with GNU.

>but mah microsoft office
They can open and read LO formats with their fancy Microsucks Orifice software.
>>
>>56261974
Have you looked at some alternatives? The pen input is an absolute killer feature imho.
>>
>>56260576

Reminder that you can run Microsoft Office on Android tablets.
>>
>>56260611
>Used business laptop
best bang for the buck power wise. Depends on your needs, uses, and comfort ability with the operating systems.
>>
Get a ultrabook or a used X series Thinkpad.
>>
>>56260576
Don't get anything under 8gb ram
>>
File: 12351266721423.png (631KB, 683x926px) Image search: [Google]
12351266721423.png
631KB, 683x926px
>>56261974
any form is Linux is not worth the hassle on new ultrabooks. there is absolutely zero drivers to even function. Especially the ones with the removable keyboards uses a propriety firmware for keyboard so you wont be able to use it(well there are some communities to make things useful for certain high ends. like /r/surfacelinux). get a cheap thinkpad to satisfy your libre side or forget Linux I would say.
>>
File: venue 11 7140.png (181KB, 1014x787px) Image search: [Google]
venue 11 7140.png
181KB, 1014x787px
I have a venue 11 pro.

I like it.

I dual boot it with android x86
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.