[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pascal is basically a beefed up shrink of Maxwell. If I spend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: Maxwell_01.jpg (155KB, 1280x823px) Image search: [Google]
Maxwell_01.jpg
155KB, 1280x823px
Pascal is basically a beefed up shrink of Maxwell. If I spend my shekels on a 1070 or a 1080 now - will i have to spend another $600 on a Volta when it comes out in a year?
>>
The bottom line for any company is money
>>
>>56253361
volta next year is for hpc, volta consumer won't be out till later
>>
Probably
>>
>>56253483

how long do you think nvidia is planning to milk pascal, til 2018? my guess is consumer gamer cards in late 2017.
>>
>>56253740

i meant to say volta gamer cards in late 2017
>>
>>56253740
consumer volta is due 2018 on their projected timeline. Nvidia will be shrinking pascal at GF soon
>>
>past year
>wait for pascal
>wait for pascal
>wait for pasc- NO, wait, Volta is coming out in two years, wait for that!
just shut the fuck up and buy something already instead of shitting up the board with your bitter jewish blogs all day, computer hardware is obsolete and shitty off the shelf by design
>>
>>56253361
Maxwell/Pascal is a pretty mature design and I frankly don't see consumer Volta being much different.

HBM2 might actually be a thing by then, and they'll probably add another acceleration gimmick now that AMD is finally starting to cope with HairWorks over-tessellation.

The biggest argument against 1070/1080 is that they're overpriced at the moment due to no competition in their performance bracket.

No matter where Vega ends up on the perf spectrum, it should at least force Nvidia's prices down somewhat from their current ridiculous levels ($700 for a 300 mm^2, 256b card).
>>
>>56253785

the problem is that you have to buy a new card EVERY TWO FUCKING YEARS to keep playing AAA games at good frame rates

jewvidia has got you by the balls ;)
>>
>>56253795

when are Vega cards hitting the shelves?
>>
>>56253986
god forbid that games would get more demanding. Just lower the settings. My 770 still has zero issues running anything at 1080p
>>
File: 1472101155288.jpg (58KB, 695x846px) Image search: [Google]
1472101155288.jpg
58KB, 695x846px
>>56253986
So does AMD.
>>
File: tr_4k.jpg (834KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
tr_4k.jpg
834KB, 3840x2160px
>>56254271

what's the point of spending $500+ on a GPU if you don't crank up the eye candy to ultra settings???
>>
>>56253361
>will i have to spend another $600 on a Volta when it comes out in a year?
you don't have to do anything, OP. you're probably going to use this shit to play video games. you don't have to upgrade at all.

get a grip.
>>
>>56254803
you can do exactly that when you buy it, why should game devs not push their tech as time goes on. 2 years on gpu and game tech moves and why should you be able to still play all maxed out at high frame rate.
>>
>>56253986
>you have to
No you don't
>>
>>56253986
>to keep playing AAA games at good frame rates

Switch to medium settings, save money and buy every 4 years.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.