[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/LRT/ - Learning Resource Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: mlrtga.jpg (504KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
mlrtga.jpg
504KB, 1024x683px
Welcome to /LRT/!
The unofficial learning resource thread of /g/.
ITT: Post books, videos, or anything related to learning a certain type of content. Feel free to review what you already have read/watched/etc.
FAQ:
>for what purpose?
Many threads dedicated to a specific topic contain little to no mention of where to start learning, yet are riddled with these types of questions.
>do we really need another reoccuring thread?
No, we don't but this is a useful thread so either filter it or come to terms with the idea that /g/ doesn't cater to your every need.

Template (Fill this out):
>Requesting or Reviewing:

>Topic:
(Try to be as specific as possible, IE: Python 3.x instead of """coding""")

>Expierence in that field:
(Total newbie or some expierence or are you god tier that needs to freshen up)

>Preferred type of resource:
(Do you want a book, a video, multiple videos, etc.)

>Type of learner:
(interactive content or just staring at a book)

>Price range:
(most you should be able to find for free, but just in case)

>Review:
(If you were recommended content make sure to give it a review to help others know what you thought.)

News:
>An entire free course on learning the basics of GNU/Linux
https://courses.edx.org/courses/course-v1:LinuxFoundationX+LFS101x+1T2016/info

>Ressource material for linux related stuff
http://tldp.org/guides.html

Last one archieved
>>
I like this kind of thing, I'm helping a little.

>Topic:
HTML, CSS, JS and JQuery

Do a few webs for 6 months. Basically codemonkey, also customization shit at home.

Interactive, for me, but not CodeAcademy-like, that's kinda slow.

>Price range:
Totally free

>Review:
This is w3schools, is a web for the topic said above, mainly. It has some things more, it can teach you reading or can teach you trying shit. It also has (for example) useful link, if you're checking background-color for CSS, at the bottom you will have HTML tag, and JS-DOM links for background-color.

I hope I did it right.
>>
File: His_ONLY_096.jpg (84KB, 578x768px) Image search: [Google]
His_ONLY_096.jpg
84KB, 578x768px
>>56251423
How about we's don't start another general and add to the wiki instead
>>
>>56251662
I've been working on editing the wiki anon, But I'm also a bit busy so forgive me.
>>
File: 5758429.png (3MB, 4300x4000px) Image search: [Google]
5758429.png
3MB, 4300x4000px
>>56251681
>tfw the wiki still has no favicon
>>
Here's my turn.

>Topic:
HTML, CSS

4 days.

Interactive(CodeCademy,FCC style of learning)

>Price range:
Free at the moment.

>Review:
Well, so far i'm enjoying the free content of FCC and CodeCademy not only because they're simply put and explained but because they're also free and have a massive community behind the scene. I recommend them.

I am looking forward to learn more after i end with those two, any ideas where to look for?
>>
>>56251875
>autism.png
>>
which site/book/whatever is the best retard's guide to programming?
>>
>>56255802
Try reading "Learn Python The Hard Way" if you are an absolute beginner to programming. Once you are competent in python move on to C.
Try the site "programming motherfucker" (don't have the link right now) and there a ton of free ebooks and learning materials
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.