[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

File: gnome_sh-600x600.png (106KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
gnome_sh-600x600.png
106KB, 600x600px
What went wrong?
>>
>>56245879
Everything.
>>
>>56245879
>Doesn't care about what users want
>Themes break every update
>Still no thumbnail file picker support after over 10 years of asking for it.
>>
sytemD
>>
>>56245879
Nothing
>>
>>56245879
It's developed by Reddit Hat.
>>
>>56245879
>What went wrong?
what went right?
>>
A lot, but I still like it because i's the only DE not afraid to break standards and innovate.
>>
>>56245879
I use it with openSUSE and I have no problems with it. I enjoy it more than unpolished, inconsistent KDE. It has matured since release.
>>
i'm gnome shell user
i like gnome extension idea, it is firefox like
but, gconf is crazy idea, it is windows registry
unix conf is simple and best practice
>>
>>56245879
they suffered the mozilla effect, lame ass gay devs and sjw women.

also they didn't listen to what their customers want. someone said a while ago that kde will be the dominant desktop os in 5 years, that's because all the others are just fucking up big time.
>>
>>56245879
I don't know, it looks like a nice tablet DE to me.
>>
>>56246019
To be honest KDE too has had problems with Plasma 5.
>>
>>56246001
kde crash often
>>
>>56246044
yeah its not perfect but its moving in a sane and safe direction. it's a big improvement over version 4.

i reckon if they simplify the interface, less eye candy, then they're onto a sure fire winner.
>>
>>56245879
>program takes longer to load on boot than the DE
>gnome crashes it

don't get me wrong, I know that linux is hobbyist unusable shit, but this is simply laughable
>>
>>56245879
I'm running KDE myself.
>>
>>56246104
That Asuka wallpaper however...
>>
>>56245879
zeitgeist
>>
>>56246126
OMG, there's an adult on /g/
>>
The nature of the GPL kicked in with its social justice and now it's run in to the ground by faggots, women and mentally deranged transsexuals.
>>
>>56246019
>kde will be the dominant desktop os in 5 years

From what I've seen lately, Mate desktop seems to be a rising star on the scene. It might get a lot of gnome 3 and xFCE users once they finish switching to GTK3.

What I don't like about Plasma is that GTK apps still look awkward on it. That's not really KDE dev's fault through.
>>
>>56245879
Devs cucked the software into being a windows 8 clone
>>
people didnt improve their resulutions
>>
>>56246295
>Mate desktop seems to be a rising star on the scene

maybe but that's for older machines in general plus it has a look of the last decade.

plasma scores in the fact that while it's still a traditional desktop look, it looks good and feels modern.

>What I don't like about Plasma is that GTK apps still look awkward on it. That's not really KDE dev's fault through.

when i have run plasma i don't even go near gtk apps for the same reason that when i have a gtk interface and i don't tend to run qt based stuff.
>>
>>56246319
>Devs cucked the software into being a windows 8 clone
^^^^ this ^^^^

and look where it got microsoft...
>>
gnome truly isn't bad on higher resolution or you you give it a chance. has great dipi looks clean and works. but yeah it's different and can see why people avoid..

I prefer cinnamon
>>
>>56245879
SystemD integration
>>
>>56246427
this
i'd gladly use it if it wasn't dependent on systemd
>>
>>56246427
>>56247210
There is nothing wrong with SystemD.
>>
>>56246153
STRANGER DANGER
>>
File: chen04502040052.png (91KB, 500x583px) Image search: [Google]
chen04502040052.png
91KB, 500x583px
>>56245879
This is how I see it all.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwNFaUS83Uo&feature=youtu.be&t=17
>>
>>56245888
trips of truth have spoken
/thread
>>
>>56246091
this
>>
>>56245879
They dropped GNOME2
>>
>>56245879
Trying to appeal to Macfags, as if that demographic wasn't lost to them from the start.
>>
>>56248633
GNOME 2 was kinda shit too. I'm glad GNOME made a failed abortion of GNOME 3 because it made people develop new DEs that aren't stupid.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.