[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The CS bubble

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: morejobsthanstudents.png (154KB, 1771x1048px) Image search: [Google]
morejobsthanstudents.png
154KB, 1771x1048px
Does anyone get worried by things like pic related? It doesn't seem sustainable.

I chose to do CS because I honestly love maths, computers, and programming. I go to a top 5 UK uni. Am I fucked?
>>
>>56244210
No, you're not. You'll have a comfy job in a engineering company.
>>
There are 1.4 billion pajeets.
>>
No. You won't be competing with Pajeets if you make a serious effort.
>>
>>56244210
>honestly love maths
I think the bubble is goint to burst individually, like people will realize they're just average app forkers or webdev, eventually the bubble will half explode defining a line for average codemonkeys and top tier, not every one will make it to the top level, how many people have you know that LOVE math?
There's a difference between coding, design and algorithms
>>
File: 1469152370819.png (129KB, 600x412px) Image search: [Google]
1469152370819.png
129KB, 600x412px
:^)
>>
>>56244321
There are 8 billion people. Soon, there will be a large event that greatly reduces that number
>>
>>56244346
>>>/x/
>>
Just make sure you get a 1st class (not hard in CS) and an internship. If you can manage that you are golden.
>>
>>56244346
Unfortunatly, such an event would most likely be restricted to first world countries and the USA, so if anything the pajeets will inherit what is left of the planet.

that is, unless they get nuked midway through, or get radioactivity blown in their direction from the nukes going off in China or the middle east.
>>
>>56244210
No. You'll be fucked when you're 40, burnt out, tired of having to keep up with the constant carousel of new meme languages, libraries and frameworks that are trying to re-invent the wheel over and over again, have to compete with a legion of still enthusiastic 20 year olds whose brains work better than yours and who have no families of any stuff to take care of outside work, and face the enormous ageism of this industry. Then you'll be fucked.
>>
>>56244404
>implying sensible people have families

>>56244364
>>56244386
WW3 is inevitable and the nuclear fire will not discriminate between Pajeet, Chang and Mark
>>
>>56244442
>WW3 is inevitable
how you know this?
you should kill your self then, what's the point of knowing that kind of future?,
thanks for the warning, wasn't informative you sound stupid just sayind that in this thread
>>
>>56244210
they forgot to mention businesses love outsourcing and 80% of the 1.4milion jobs will benefit india or some other developing country,
>>
>>56244210
I want it to burst so that property prices around the bay area would normalize jfc
>>
>>56244321
I hate rajesh so fucking much right now
>>
Modern "computer science" is "here's how to install Windows and use a smartphone."

Go learn real computer science and you'll be a rich superstar making millions. That or poor and destitute with no prospects. Least it's a better option than some soul-crushing "real" computer job.
>>
>>56244263
Lol, good luck. CS retards think they'll automate everyone's jobs away, but the reality is that everyone is learning programming on the side, killing off CS job prospects.
>>
>>56244677
>how you know this?
Not him, but every sane person with economy and stock trading 101 course has seen it coming.

We are either facing a major financial apocalypse OR the economies may be saved by a WW3, like they were saved by WW2.

In either scenario millions of pajeets go hungry.
>>
>>56249850
>millions of lives ended
>saved
Illuminati detected
>>
>>56249734
"the reality is that everyone is learning programming on the side"
>>thinks his shitty programs are anywhere close to what cs engineers work on
>>
>>56244263
>engineering
Is there anything even remotely related to engineering that can be done with computers? Unless you're building missile software, I can't imagine you'll accidentally kill someone with software that wouldn't be done by a mechatronics engineer otherwise.
>>
Technology is invincible, everyone uses computers, the bubble can't pop.
t. webdevs circa 1996
>>
>>56249734
>everyone is learning programming on the side, killing off CS job prospects
Yes, and everyone taking high school biology is going to kill of doctor's job prospects.
>>
>>56244210
Lies.

If anything automation and machine learning will take away IT jobs.
>>
File: | || || |_.png (46KB, 170x162px) Image search: [Google]
| || || |_.png
46KB, 170x162px
no because i hate everything to do with modern softare and use emacs exclusively except for when i want to shitpost on 4chan

why the hell would i care about being paid to make bloat
>>
>>56253209
take away jobs from IT and give them to... oh thats right
>>
>>56253255
a smaller set of IT jobs

yes
>>
somehow relevant
>>56253375

help me out anons
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.