[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Larry Page (Google) Sergey Brin (Google) Jack Dorsey (Twitter)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: larry-page-and-sergey-brin.jpg (158KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
larry-page-and-sergey-brin.jpg
158KB, 1200x900px
Larry Page (Google)
Sergey Brin (Google)
Jack Dorsey (Twitter)
Larry Ellison (Oracle)
Mark Zuckerberg (Facebook)
And more

These large tech company CEOs all take home either $1 or $0 salaries. I'm aware that they're worth billions in stock and whatever else, but how do these guys get cash?

For example, Mark Zuckerberg needs $20 to buy some groceries. How does he get the money? Does he actually have to sell some stock? This seems dire.
>>
They do this to avoid taxes. There's other ways to get cash and jew the gov.
>>
>>56242582
ask >>>/biz/
>>
they have stock and they liquidate a certain amount in small chunks. zuckerberg isn't going to sell 1 share of FB to get groceries; he'll sell 1000 to keep his bank account flush.

lots of expenses are also typically paid for by the company; company car, food, etc... can all be expensed really trivially.

this isn't novel and it's not unique to tech companies. they've just made it into a quasi-religion/cult by pretending to be all ascetic about it.
>>
it's hidden in dat nose
>>
they sell it in batches
in murrica shares income is taxed at a lower rate like 20% max. this rate is chosen by their tax bracket so when u have 0 salary/income ur capital gains rate is also 0. therefore they pay no tax on their sale of stocks nor the dividends from their stocks which is also taxed similarly to the stock
>>
>>56242582
That's because they are all jews.
>>
>>56242753
>this rate is chosen by their tax bracket so when u have 0 salary/income ur capital gains rate is also 0
what? citation on this? i knew capital gains was 20% but dropping to the income tax rate if that's lower sounds wrong (or at least like a misunderstanding).
>>
>>56242753
This is fucking disgusting
>>
>>56242582
They don't like contributing to society.
>>
When will west coast corporate niggerjews start getting lynched?
>>
>>56242812
why would they? east coast jews have been doing this for generations and nobody has lynched them.
>>
>>56242812
bad goy
>>
>>56242828
Yeah
But at least they're like, mysterious unknown Jews.
These fags are like cultural icons and they're openly praised for this shit.
>>
>>56242787
uhh nah im pretty sure the tax rate on stock sale is based around your tax bracket and if you have a 10%-15% bracket, its 0% on long-term capital gains (1 year)

dividends are treated differently only in that the brackets depend on how big the dividends are
>>
>>56242865
they're perceived as self-made men. that's the context in which they're perceived as cultural icons. they can do no wrong through this lens.

unless it emerged that their success was carefully orchestrated, it wouldn't matter that these guys get caught taking advantage of tax havens and shit. the worst case is that we would all say "oh well they're just doing what every billionaire does, and that's wrong, but no more wrong than the practice *in general*, which we should stop" and then everyone would nod in agreement and then do nothing about it.
>>
>>56242788
This just raged me. I make 6 figures and pay like 45k yr in taxes in merica and these CEO faggots get away with none?
>>
>>56242753
Not true

The rate starts at 0 but goes up progressively with the more gains you make
>>
>>56242753
So these fucks contribute absolutely zilch to the society that allowed them to prosper?
>>
>>56242904
the notion that capital gains and retirement investments get taxed at a lower (or sometimes no) rate isn't new. if this is causing your blood to boil now, my only question is how you made it this long being *this* naive about the tax system in your own country.

i'm not even asking you to be super savvy about this shit, but you definitely should know the comparative benefits of saving your extra income to shield it from taxes. this is just being an adult.
>>
>>56242909
you might be thinking of short-term capital gains tax rate which is less than a year. long term (1 year+) is a flat 0% if you are in the 10%-15% tax bracket. there may also be state taxes but im sure you can create a non-grantor trust in a no personal income tax state and avoid paying state tax too
>>
>>56242966
who will """vaccinate""" all of africa anon?
>>
Would love to see their personal income tax returns.
They play a lot of games to avoid taxes
>>
>>56243006
It is 0 if you're in the lowest bracket but if you sell enough stock you get bumped up to higher brackets
>>
>>56242582
>For example, Mark Zuckerberg needs $20 to buy some groceries. How does he get the money? Does he actually have to sell some stock? This seems dire.
You are literally retarded
>>
>>56243034
nope. thats dividends. sale of stock isnt calculated like that.
>>
>>56242981
>how you made it this long being *this* naive about the tax system in your own country
Not that guy, but I'm not all that knowledgeable about taxes, I just pay taxes on whatever I make at my meager internship.
My guess is that most people just don't see a need to learn about it.
I mean really, how many people do you meet who want to do much besides set up a retirement account?
On top of that, the average person needs someone to explain this shit to them, and the people that do that are expensive. I dunno, this is all speculation.
>>
>>56242966
Google pays corporate taxes, and is responsible for 60,000 employees, all of whom pay taxes. Any individual taxes they would owe are insignificant compared to the mass of wealth Google brings in.
>>
>>56243068
yeah but this is like saying that people don't really want to learn about dental hygiene or doing laundry. nobody wants to. you still need to do it.

i admit that this is a huge, huge failing of educating kids - college kids barely show up knowing how to do their own laundry (if at all), and there's no point where someone sits them down and explains to them that it's important to have a rudimentary understanding of tax law - but it's important.
>>
>>56243059
no wait, so get this.
your gains for LTCG is used to push up on the tax bracket. and then not only are you taxed on the high bracket, you are also taxed separately using the LTCG tax rates.

sorry. i just assumed that murricans had a fair tax system that didnt doubletax
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.