[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What maths should one know to be a game developer?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: sorry.png (429KB, 497x577px) Image search: [Google]
sorry.png
429KB, 497x577px
What maths should one know to be a game developer?
>>
>>56242485

Triple integrals
>>
>>56242485
basic arithmetics and geometry
>>
>>56242498
Which branch of mathematics Is that? Could you break It down In popular terms? Like linear algebra, calculus ect?
>>
>>56242518
Dude, go to school.
>>
Linear algebra and vector calc (for nD vector manipulation)
Differential equations (for game balancing)
Discrete math (set theory, common logic)

Before that, trig, geometry, newtonian physics.. Basic stuff you should've learned in high school.
>>
>>56242485
Depending on the Engine, some of them don't even require Math anymore, but they do require logic.
>>
i use parametrics way too much
>>
>>56242485
Also just a heads up, games are 30% science 70% art. If you aren't creative and clever (but mostly creative) you aren't going to get anywhere in this oversaturated market.
>>
>>56242543
bingo

/thread
>>
>>56242485
What's the pic related meaning? TJ has black kid?
>>
File: 1468513142170.jpg (31KB, 563x421px) Image search: [Google]
1468513142170.jpg
31KB, 563x421px
>>56242543
>tfw dropped out of high school

Heh, jokes on me then I guess lads
>>
>>56244172
Read a textbook dumbshit.
>>
>>56244172
What do you do for a living? Genuinely curious.
>>
>>56242774
If you use something like Unity3D it's close to 100% art with no science (other than really basic logic scripts).
>>
>>56242543
https://www.khanacademy.org/ for all your math needs.
>>
>>56242540
I think he's trying
>>
>>56244675
This site would be great if they had a section that gave you lots of practice problems. Is it too much to ask Sal for parts of the subjects offered to come with the option of having practice questions with like 50 or 100 problems?
>>
>>56242485
Topological recursion.
>>
>>56242485
Either all of them or none of them or maybe some of them.

Being a game developer is less about what you know, and more about being able to apply what you know to create these systems we call video games.
>>
>>56242518
That's calculus. You need linear algebra, analytic geometry and discrete maths though.
>>
Is Topology a meme course?
>>
>>56243929
He fucked (SJW read: raped) his black mistresses (SJW read: slaves) and they got some kids which are/were half black (SJW read: african american with lighter skin but no privileges)
>>
File: mathphd.jpg (40KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
mathphd.jpg
40KB, 640x427px
>>56242498
>>
If you can’t deal with functions of type C → V where V is an infinite dimensional but non-reflexive Banach space over Z/17Z, you are not ready for video games.
>>
>>56244675
https://betterexplained.com/articles/category/math/
Tries to explain things in simple terms and use visual examples.
Thank you based Pajeet.

http://patrickjmt.com/
Is how I survived college.
>>
>>56242498
>in college
>calculus 3 homework
>triple integral
>15 minutes to solve
>answer is 0
>answer is correct
>why
>>
>>56246513
OH DUDE BECAUSE IF YOU DONT UNDERSTAND HOW TRIPLE INTEGRALS THEN HOW ARE YOU GOING TO USE A GRAPHICS LIBRARY TO CREATE A GAME? WHAT IF THE GRAPHICS LIBRARY BREAKS YOU CANT FIX IT IDIOT
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.