[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A Design Defect Is Breaking a Ton of iPhone 6 Pluses

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: apple-logo-600x450.jpg (20KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
apple-logo-600x450.jpg
20KB, 600x450px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhJW140kLCY

Hahahhahahahahaha
>>
Old news.
>>
>>56239185
>Think different
Think like a sheep
>>
>>56239185
>Thin electronics are shit
>Apple is shit

What a surprise
>>
>>56239333
Wouldn't have been a problem if they had just underfilled the IC.
I'm skeptical with whether the metal shield would have helped at all. She says they haven't had phones back after they put the shields on them after replacing the IC, but considering the age of the iPhone 6 and the time it has been out of warranty the IC replacements they've done can't be that old yet to say it is definitely making a difference.
>>
>>56239185
They say design defect but I hear planned obsolescence.
>>
>>56239829
That's a pretty good point.
Considering this is a design regression rather than, say, a new feature that was implemented badly, it does sorta point towards purposefully introducing a higher likelihood of device failure.
>>
>>56239185

Uh. Did they just do the Youtube equivalent of "quoting" an entire blog post on your own blog?

>>56240230

It points toward cost reduction.
>>
>>56240309
>It points toward cost reduction.
Whoever made that calculation is retarded then.
The cost of underfilling during production is a fraction of a cent, other chips on the board are still underfilled, so having to replace a single device (because Apple doesn't repair) due to the failing of the Touch IC would cost them what they saved in producing hundreds of thousands of devices.
It just doesn't make sense unless you're aiming for it to fail outside of warranty so you can charge for it.
>>
>>56240509
>It just doesn't make sense unless you're aiming for it to fail outside of warranty so you can charge for it.

You guys are way too paranoid. Mistakes are made. Suppliers change. Someone's spreadsheet said one thing, and someone else didn't anticipate the consequences. Most of their long-time great engineers left when the stock exploded, so they're prone to far more errors than in the past.

Given the amount of sales Apple is making, and the cost of running customer service, I seriously, *seriously* doubt that planned obsolescence is a thing at Apple.
>>
File: image.jpg (166KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
166KB, 1024x576px
>>56239185
Thanx op, was just about to buy a 6s.
Probably gonna hang back a while to see if they also have this problem
>>
>>56239185
This shit build quality is why I haven't bought an Apple device in almost 6 years.

>>56239262
No, think like a kike.

>>56239829
Wrong. Apple just cut too many corners like the penny pinching jews they are.

>>56240564
Planned obsolescence is not real. Apple is just shitty and old hardware doesn't get any newer, no matter how many times up update.
>>
>>56240625
>Planned obsolescence is not real.

It is real, but in industries that have stagnated.
>>
>>56240625
>No, think like a kike.
Do you even know what kike means? If you want to add jew related flavor to your post, at least say like a good goy.
>>
>>56240714
Fuck you /pol/
>>
>>56240785
/pol/ or not, "think like a kike" makes literally 0 sense.
>>
>>56240714
If I wanted jew flavor I'd sprinkle ashes in my soup.
>>
>>56240796
Then you'd at last have something with taste.
>>
>>56240587
the 6S shouldn't since they moved the chips to the display assembly instead of having them on the logic board

http://ifixit.org/blog/8309/iphone-6-plus-gray-flicker-touch-death/
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.