[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Buying the same phone with minor differences every year So

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: ixSdAMb.gif (11KB, 501x504px) Image search: [Google]
ixSdAMb.gif
11KB, 501x504px
>Buying the same phone with minor differences every year
So are Apple and all these tech companies going to keep releasing the same fucking phone with minor changes every year until the end of time??? How do they keep getting away with it???
>>
they make incremental advances every year because they can't just stomp their feet and get what they want the way you can with your mom. technical breakthroughs are not trivial to achieve.

if you're complaining that companies aren't changing designs every year to be unique like a snowflake, then you're a faggot. first, if a company just comes out and says that they changed things for the sake of changing (and not for some improvement), then users would get pissed off that some or all of their accessories don't work for no reason other than to satisfy some retard on 4chan. second, people don't want to deviate very far from design patterns that work. rectangular slabs with large capacitive screens are a known design pattern that generally work.
>>
>>56238109
Let me guess, you have like 10 Iphones.
>>
>>56238131
nope. i'm just not a needy childish bitch.
>>
Spotted the jealous poorfag
>>
>>56238109
You are pathetic
>>
>>56238082
government funding.
1984 is real my friend.
don't you want to be apart of the mass surveylance and tracking of the world?
everyone else is doing it anon
why don't you make a facebook?
anon
anon
anon
anon you know you want to anon
look how happy everyone who has a fagbook is!
come on anon, do it.
>>
>>56238109
>dumb consumerist sheeple buying into 'im such a rebel xD' status symbol ruse is actually very conservative and afraid of change
Who could've thought.
>>
>>56238082
Outside of people with more money than sense and dumb people using phones as status symbols, no one is expecting people to buy a new phone annually. Hell, unless you buy your phone outright, you're probably locked into that phone for 2-3 years on your contract.
>>
>>56238109
why release something at all if nothing's changed...
no need to fix what isn't broken.
no need to incrementally release a new product each time the firmware can support a higher clock on the silicone
>>
Honestly the only reason I get a new phone every year is because tmobiles JUMP program makes it so fucking easy. I couldnt take advantage with any other carrier.
>>
>>56239016
>no need to incrementally release a new product each time the firmware can support a higher clock on the silicone
because it's different silicon each year. thinner transistors and shit.

your definition of nothing is flawed. these might not be substantive enough for you to update, but that's not even the point. it's commonly understood that nobody upgrades annually unless they're obsessed with toys. you upgrade every 2-3 years unless you bought something shitty.

waiting longer and longer between product refreshes also makes it much harder to course correct. if samsung waited 3 years to release a new phone, all of their untested design decisions would go into one massive flop and they'd be out of business because they were betting everything on a three-year bet.

and meanwhile, people are always buying new phones. with more than a billion people out there, why shouldn't samsung and others test the waters each year with incrementally differentiated designs? each year they get feedback in the form of sales and that informs each subsequent iteration.

this isn't rocket science, retards.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.