[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 44

File: 1466302754834s.jpg (3KB, 125x93px) Image search: [Google]
1466302754834s.jpg
3KB, 125x93px
simple question thread
>>
How good is AMD's A9-9410 processor?
>>
>>56237266
For...?

It doesn't look objectively terrible. Passmark shows performance equal to a high end desktop C2D, so it should get by for most things. That says nothing about what its price/performance looks like, though.
>>
sorry for dupe but...

currently do level 2 tech support at a company that uses a 100% linux environment
want to learn more linux networking stuff, so I need to get a network set up at home, but dont want a giant stack of towers on top of each other- ideally I have a uniform rack that I can put devices into as necessary, like a switch and then some nodes or whatever im doing with my network at the time
...but I also want to have a half-decent home PC or two, maybe one running linux the other windows, for dev projects, and maybe something I can throw a dcent graphics card in so I can play unreal tournament on the weekends?

Where should I start looking for this? I want basically a small rack I can put stuff with a decent price-performance ratio in, ideally last-gen server hardware or something like that.
>>
File: 1472011535609.jpg (19KB, 965x400px) Image search: [Google]
1472011535609.jpg
19KB, 965x400px
(From the last thread)
Is it worth getting the Dell XPS Developer Edition if I'm just going to replace Ubuntu with Debian? The Developer Edition comes with an Intel wifi card that seems to work better.
>>
>>56237597
buy a used laptop jizz juggler
>>
What would happen if I tried to run a windows in place upgrade from a virtually mounted .iso?
>>
>>56237597
I don't think it's worth paying more than the Windows one. If WiFi drivers don't work, you can get an adapter for like $10.
>>
>>56237394
Regular browsing, music production and very light gaming. I paid $500 for the laptop (saved $250 apparently) with that processor, R7 M440 Graphics, and a 1080p display. It's a relatively new processor and finding reviews and consistent benchmarks is hard. I hear its overall better than most A8 APUs despite the A9 is only dual core.
>>
>>56237588
I answered you here
>>56237456
>>
i don't know where else to go guys to post this, and since you guys are the most tech savvy board on 4chan, i need your help.

are there consistent spammers on /g/? because there is a massive spammer problem on the board that i post on that it's unbearable

please tell me if you're familiar with what hes's doing and how to stop it, he can post 3-4 times, like lets say i make a post, the next 4 posts are his, in a row. not only that he wont leave if ignore, he barely posts on topic i mean lets say for example, you're talking about a specific computer, idk mother boards, he'll spam 4 posts about idk, lets say left clicking, see where im getting at? it's very annoying because out of the 500 posts in the general easily, 250 are his.

, and the term spammer is a huge understatement, he's been spamming for years and we cant seem to find a way to ban him since 4chan makes it impossible to contact moderators, please dont think im just a guy complaining, even though i am, this is a REAL bad problem, not only that he's known to go to other board wwith his spam.

do oyu guys know where i can go to do something about this? thanks /g/
>>
File: 1471054957523.jpg (2MB, 2800x3047px) Image search: [Google]
1471054957523.jpg
2MB, 2800x3047px
>>56237689
>>
how does a gtx 1070 stack up among the other gpu's?
>>
>>56237689
>you guys are the most tech savvy board on 4chan
not true, /g/ is mostly video game hardware run-off from /v/
>shitposting
huge problem on all of 4chan's boards and many other chans
>mods
mods don't care. if we got moot's team or a data mining centered team, they don't care at all
>>
>>56236637
Is there any actual notable performance difference between the i3 and i5
>>
Ok I wanna get a friend to game on PC but he's not tech savvy, how on earth would he be able to build one ?

Is there a YouTube video he can learn with ? I tried teaching him with some other YouTube vids but normal people can't stand that shit, he needs quick retard explain like I'm 5 shit.
>>
>>56236637
STOP NAMING THESE "SIMPLE QUESTION THREAD"
PEOPLE CTRL-F FOR "STUPID"
FUCKING MORON
>>
>>56237779
>ctrl f
>not s to open the search function and sqt for the general name
Stupid newfag learn to navigate
>>
i can't fucking find a simple program to draw on a pdf, like if I imported a page into photoshop and used the brush tool but doing it directly to the pdf so i can save it

help
>>
>>56237768
Why did you come here from reddit?
>>
>>56237768
>get friend to buy gaming pc
>tech savvy to build a pc
>tried teaching him with youtube videos
>>
>>56237768
If he won't do that on his own, he won't be able to use it on his own without major issue. Let him get a console if that's the kind of person he is.
>>
>>56237635
You didn't save $250
Can you return it? If not, it's not like you got some netbook processor. It'll do. It's just you could have done better for $500 if you had just Googled "best laptop for $500"
>>
>>56237766
Yes

>>56237890
PDF editors are surprisingly hard to come by
>>
>>56237733
>>56237733
>>shitposting
>huge problem on all of 4chan's boards and many other chans

you don't understand, this is ONE guy who has been doing it for 4-5 years now, doing LITERALLY, WHEN I SAY LITERALLY I MEAN LITERALLY THE SAME THING everyday EVERYDAY!!

EVERYDAYY!!
for the past 4-5 years.

just ask me one question, if he changes his ip to ban evade, if someone were to investigate this,would they be able to see that the ips are coming from the same region/??

we know it's him cause apparently he's been doxxed before, but we can't fully confirm that it is him but he doesnt deny that it isnt,
>>
I just plugged in some ipod that's been sitting around for many months with a new cable that I got off ebay because I lost my old one
when I plug it in, windows pops up and says "usb device not recognized"
I have no other cable and no other device to test this with, is there any way I can determine if my ipod is completely 100% dead or if it's just a bad cable
>>
>>56238006
>ONE guy who has been doing it for 4-5 years now, doing LITERALLY, WHEN I SAY LITERALLY I MEAN LITERALLY THE SAME THING everyday EVERYDAY!!
yeah shitposting
it could be one of various marketing/disinfo teams depending on your site/topic, but I'm assuming you're /mlp/ or something
>>
>>56236637
I built a textdump of all the [spoiler]Magic cards[/spoiler] I own in a directory, each file representing their respective colors.

I'm trying to build a simple script that lets me search them all for specific strings.

This seems to justwerk when I just type it in terminal, as it should:
$ for f in *; do grep "fug" "$f"; done
2 skulking fugitive
2 fugitive wizard

But when I save the script to a file it does nothing.
# filename: card

#!/bin/bash
for f in *; do grep \""$1"\" "$f"; done

$ ./card fug
// no output
$ ./card "fug"
// no output

What am I doing wrong here?
>>
>>56237768
Tell him to buy XPS 8900 from Dell Outlet when they have a 25-35% off sale. You should be able to pick up an i5 or i7 for $500-$550. Don't spend any money bumping it up with any card.
Then buy a GTX 1060 and throw it in there.
>>
Trying to connect my phone to PC in MTP but it doesn't show up, trying to install drivers gets me "A service installation section in the INF is invalid".

It never did this before and my other devices work fine.
>>
>>56238049
i'll spill it.

it's /sp/, i post in the /nba/ general. he's literally there RIGGHT NOW, people are getting banned left and right. go check it out, but beware if you post.
>>
>>56238061

Happens bro. Sounds like his problem is a LOT bigger than yours.
>>
>>56237715
Well
>>
>>56238076
well thanks for replying. im currently trying to seek advice from other boards. have a goodnight man.
>>
>>56237703
Requesting that one screencap of Microsoft pajeet admitting to being paid to shill MS crap on /g/.
>>
>>56238050
why not grep "$1" "$f"? Also are you in the directory of the location of the text files? If you script is in another directory you'll be searching the contents of that directory.
>>
>>56238172
>why not grep "$1"
Because I want to be able to query for names with spaces in them.
The script is in the same directory and execution enabled.
>>
I'm using xubuntu

I saw this pretty neat thing that I saw people on linux use. On their screen to their right, were able to pull up some menu and he was able to change his background with the click of a picture. Scrolling down the menu, he was able to fix his resolutions to 1600x900, 1920,1080, 720x69. How can I get this?
>>
What are the dos and don'ts of choosing a hosting company?
>>
>go to amazon
>see recommendations for shit I never had anything to do with
>this is the kind of deer hunting stuff my dad would look at
>realize that suggestions are based on the search history of the IP, not that specific browser's cookies
>tfw I must have introduced my parents to my magical realm by accident

Turn off browsing history on amazon, my fellow leech neets. More a PSA than a question, obviously.
>>
>>56238200
>xfce
right click on desktop and select desktop settings
>>
>>56238221
I should've been more specific.
When he brought his mouse to the right of the screen, it was a drop down menu that you could scroll through various settings without opening a window
>>
>>56238211
I guess this is too broad for a simple answer, so how about
Which service is good?
>>
I just acquired an Acer iconia w500p for the low price of free, and I plan on giving it to my mom for her to use for Skype and internet browsing.

The machine originally came with Windows 7, but that sort of sucks for use with a touch screen, and the machine is sort of low spec. I was thinking that it could use some sort of Linux distro on it.

Are there any that have a desktop environment that can be used with both a traditional keyboard and mouse and a touch screen? I was thinking possibly Ubuntu, but I'm not too sure.
>>
File: disk.png (27KB, 754x597px) Image search: [Google]
disk.png
27KB, 754x597px
1TB external HD
had some stuff on it, but never use. i feel it was important, but i forget.
had to put win 10 on another pc today, and i was like:
>300GB free, i can spare 4GB to use as USB boot for other pc
now when i plug it it to either pc, it shows up as 40GB only
>but pic related
so how do i remove the barrier between partitions without losing data?
>>
>>56238186
That's why your query should be in quotes.

#!/bin/sh
for f in *; do
grep "$1" "$f"
done

./card "search with spaces"
>>
Does their exist an HDD that doesn't break?
>>
>>56238276
At last I truly see. Thank you for the answer.
>>
>>56238238
that could be a lot of things desu
>>
>>56238289
google: 2nd law of thermodynamics
>>
>>56236637
How does a temporary trial period keep track of time?
How can I micromanage that time-keeping mechanism to make trial periods last forever?
>>
File: Asus F556UA-DM331T.jpg (82KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Asus F556UA-DM331T.jpg
82KB, 960x720px
I'm planning on buying the Asus F556UA-DM331T. It's available in 4 online stores in the country. Two stores list it as not having an optical drive, the other two does.

Other than that it has the exact same name/number and components. Is it possible that the same model by name and components could differ only on the optical drive part, or is it possible 2 of the stores have their info wrong? Usually they change a number/letter when some component is different, I believe.

It feels like it's a 50/50 chance and I'd really hate having to pay for return shipping and go though all the hassles of bad customer service.
>>
Macfag question.
I'm using a Nvidia GT 120 graphics card and it is falling apart. I'm looking to purchase a new GPU. According to a website the Nvidia GTX 680 is a good card for the Mac. But there are two editions: the standard edition, and a Mac edition. I'm wondering if you know if the standard version will work? What's the difference?
>>
>>56238435
You can't message the seller?
>>
>>56238435
The part number will differ, one of the stores is wrong.

do you really even need an optical drive?

i've used one like 4 times in the past year, and i have a external USB one for that.
>>
if you use linux, can people hack into your computer wirelessly? if you input card information, are you safe? are there viruses on linux?
>>
>>56238389
You have to edit the dll files.
>>
File: 23049853.png (451KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
23049853.png
451KB, 1080x1920px
How can I disable these permanent system notifications?

Xperia Z2 - 5.0.2

Without updating.
>>
>>56238462
It's one of those sites that sells all kinds of things and I'm not too optimistic about them sending a guy to the warehouse to dig one out of the boxes to check.
>>56238482
It's for an old family friend. He insist on going to the library to borrow CDs and burn to the computer. Not having one is a deal breaker for him. Fuck, this is frustrating.
>>
File: 3_v1_1680x1050.jpg (354KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
3_v1_1680x1050.jpg
354KB, 1680x1050px
>>56238506
There aren't really viruses on Linux. I mean it's possible to code an exploit for Linux, but if you're a hacker your main focus is Windows, and your secondary focus is MacOSX or iOS, but it's not just security through obscurity. Since binary applications require you to have sudo privilleges to run, no virus can hack you unless they come up with a really clever way to snag your password, which doesn't happen too often. Most Linux anti-virus software is designed explicitly to detect Windows viruses that you may have running on wine.

Now, IIRC there are more viruses on Linux then there are on BSD, but that is likely because Linux is far more well known then BSD.

>>56238532
Thank you. Okay, now how do I edit the dll files?
>>
>>56238545
I use to have a usb optical disc reader taped to my netbooks lid
it was so cool
>>
>>56238567
>Thank you. Okay, now how do I edit the dll files?
Change the language to a different language and that will reset the timer. Keep this up until you have exhausted all languages at which point your super-extended free trial period will end, and you will have to reinstall the operating system for further trialing.
>>
I don't know anything about programming.
Are you able to tell me what languages these are programmed in?

*Firefox
*Firefox add-ons
*Android apps
>>
>>56238716
>*Firefox
C
>*Firefox add-ons
javascript
>*Android apps
java
>>
>>56238716
mostly:
python
python
java
>>
>>56238719
maybe at first, but seems they are slithering toward python lately
>>
>>56238616
Oh really? Well where in the computer is the time management mechanism? Are you sure there isn't anyway to more stabley maintain this counter?
>>
can you recommend me a good mouse? Does a mouse make all the difference?
>>
>>56238741
what do you do with your pc?
>>
>>56238727
You sound smart. Can you help me figure out how to lengthen trial periods?
>>
>>56238781
what program?
>>
>>56238789
RPG Maker MV.
>>
File: Thats_my_boat_get_oyt.jpg (22KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Thats_my_boat_get_oyt.jpg
22KB, 400x300px
Do die-shrinks have any sort of effect on the durability/longevity of a chip?
Are smaller transistors more sensitive to stuff like overvoltage or high temperatures?
>>
Does there exist a laptop that can:

- Play old games (from the 90s to the 00s) at good fps
- battery lasts 4 hours while gaming

?
>>
>>56238793
try to find a crack in the torrents, maybe learn to make a crack.
basically you want to trick the program into thinking you bought the program.
if it is serial-key'ed almost impossible. if not, you might play around in the ffiles using visual studio pro.
beyond that, you may be able to trick it by setting your system date to earlier, you'll have to remove the board's battery and not connect to the internet.
>>
>>56238769
just surfin the net. i'll play games occasionally
>>
>>56238831
my lenovo Y-580 can
it can also play lots of modern titles too
i7 gtx660m 6gb ram
>>
>>56238839
Thank you very much. What book should I read to learn how to use things like Visual Studio Pro? Is there an equivalent to Learn Python the Hard Way for that?
>>
>>56238831
Probably most laptops, although stuff that old may need to be emulated which will increase CPU usage and cut down on battery life a bit.
>>
>>56238842
u just need a cheapo unit then.
wireless keyboard/mouse combo at walmart = $20 by insignia
>>
File: image.jpg (52KB, 346x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 346x400px
>>56238856
>>
>>56238271
could really use some good info, if any exists
>>
>>56238861
I don't want no shitty ass wireless mouse. I want it wired. WIreless sucks
>>
>>56238894
this one works fine for me.
surfing, gaming, programming
keyboard AAAx2 lasts 1 year of constant use
mouse: AA battery lasts months
no radio interference
but go to walmart and get a wired optical mouse and a decent mousepad/other surface.
>>
How do I check who is in a channel on IRC using irssi? There's some command. I've had someone tell me once or twice, but I can't find it in my browser history and searches all bring up irrelevant stuff.

I don't have a visible userlist so I just want to quickly view who is in a channel, similar to /topic showing the topic for if you can't see it statically displayed.
>>
>>56238941
>I don't have a visible userlist so I just want to quickly view who is in a channel, similar to /topic showing the topic for if you can't see it statically displayed.
Just use weechat.
>>
>>56238951
I used to use weechat. I just need to check. I don't need it always there. I've used the command before. Why should I 'just' switch programs instead of figuring out what command does what I want?

I had a similar situation to this when using weechat where links would get fucked up if they went to multiple lines and after weeks of someone telling me to 'just' switch to irssi, I finally did.
>>
>>56238951
what if he doesn't want a userlist taking up space in weechat? what's the command to use to check who is in the channel then? or are you gonna tell him to switch to something else in that case?
>>
>>56238741
Believe it or not, you will probably be most happy with a 'gaming mouse'. They come with nice sensors and feel great to use. I'm still using a G400. Not sure what is recommended these days.
>>
I've built my first pc, I've already upgraded the BIOS to the latest version and I'm going to install Windoes 10 soon. What drivers do you recommend me to get? Do CPU and audio card meed any drivers? What about drives and graphic cards?
>>
I really need an answer for that.

I want to clone my os to my new ssd. I went to a friends house and tried using my hdd as an external and copying it to the ssd but that didn't work.
Now I have my ssd on my pc again but I don't have acronis. Is there maybe a free cloning software that's safe and not shit?
>>
>>56239010
dd
>>
So I've been using an unlimited cloud backup service for a while now, at the moment got a bit over 11 terabytes of data, most of which has been sitting in their servers for more than a year. Paying $50 a year for this. What I've been kind of curious of is, is it possible for them to actually make a profit off me, considering this kind of usage? Or do they just write it off and assume the majority of users will balance it out by using much less than what they're paying for?
>>
>>56239049
What happens if their server crashes?
>>
>>56239097
paid service should have backups
>>56239049
yes, they don't care. most people will NOT use much and the average usage is lower than their break even point = profit
>>
>>56238741
I've been using a Logitech G700 for years now, switched to the G700S after a while when it broke which is basically the same mouse with shittier software and a few extra decals attached. Best mouse I ever owned, lots of programmable buttons in very convenient locations, make your life much easier when you get used to binding them to useful functions for the programs you use. Hardly need to use the keyboard anymore besides for actual typing.

Downsides would be the battery life, which isn't great at least on rechargeable batteries (though it takes about one second to plug the detachable USB into it and keep using it as a wired mouse) and as I mentioned they force you to use the newer and shittier software on the newer iteration on the mouse. Which is still about a hundred times better than the software bundled with, say, a Razer mouse, but I find it generally less responsive (when automatic profile-switching) and missing some features that the old software had, so I'd deduct a few points for it. Though nothing that AutoHotkey can't fix.
>>
>>56239097
I have to assume there is some redundancy there. I mean they have to replace drives in their arrays all the time, it would be ludicrous if every time they did this it meant someone's data got nuked. (Even if it would just wind up getting quietly reuploaded potentially before the user even noticed.)

I would be fucking pissed if they lost my data mostly because it took 7 months or so to initially upload it all, though.
>>
>>56239128
what the fuck are you storing? 60GB bluray rips?
>>
>>56239140
Just kind of adds up after many years just tacking new drives on when stuff gets full. Nothing really specifically large in and of itself.
>>
>>56239158
how much of it is redundant duplicates?
all my shit fits on 1TB
well, ii have another 1TB of about 700 movies
>>
>>56236637

Is there any reasonable upgrade to my i5 2500k that made as much impact as Sandy Bridge did?

>4.5 on an AIO
>>
>>56239167
There's not really many duplicates, just a lot of stuff that adds up over the years. Most of it is probably games, got different folders for various emulated systems many of which have bulk sets of games for that system that run into hundreds of gigabytes, and a shitload of PC games and visual novels as well.
>>
Why do harddrives die without moving around? If i just leave my hdd sitting and never moves, will it stil die? HOw would I know when it would die to transfer it to anoher hdd?
>>
does the fx 8230 bottleneck an rx 480?
>>
>>56237597
I think so. You're getting a "better" computer for slightly less money (I think). Even if I were in the market normie laptop, I'd buy the DE and just put Windows on it.

No reason not to IMO.
>>
>>56239234
You can't really know. Sometimes you will get an indication in one of a few ways (if you're lucky you might even get a warning from your mobo or something) and can rush to backup everything, but just as often a drive will fail suddenly without warning. The only way to be safe is to keep frequent backups of anything you would hate to lose.
>>
>>56238271
Right-click unallocated, choose "Expand" or something like that.

If that doesn't work use something like Partition Master or Partition Wizard to force the drive to consolidate its partitions.
>>
>>56238781
First port of call would be to find a crack, as the other anon said.

If that doesn't work, you might be able to use a program like RunAsDate (Windows only I think) to trick the program into thinking it's always running within its trial date.
>>
>>56239334
Nice! It works. Now I have the problem where it gives me a white screen on PLAYTEST. I did some googling and the solution for a white screen on EDITOR is an open_gl file, but this does nothing for a white screen on PLAYTEST?
>>
>>56239352
Probably worth updating your graphics drivers, anything openGL related is to do with the GPU. I would imagine it's the same - or a similar - problem.
>>
>>56239245
Depends on the game.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-08-24-11-11-37.png (206KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-08-24-11-11-37.png
206KB, 1080x1920px
Is firefox on phones a meme?
>>
I'm getting a RaspPi (B+ UK) delivered this week.

1) How prone are those things to overheating when used as a low-effort Script-Server? (i.e. for a Discord Bot who serves <10 users)

2) It would be possible for me to just install the little thing in the Fridge. Anything to watch out for here besides the obvious (protection from liquids)?
>>
Is it normal for the /appdata/local/Temp folder and the /Windows/Temp folder to both be used regularly, at the same time?

I was under the impression that Windows was to use one or the other for ALL temporary storage.
>>
>>56239427
Probably not
I just use naked browser
>>
>>56239529
You expect any sense or logic in how Windows handles its files?
>>
>>56239372
smartphones are a meme.
Get an old flip phone with a camera, and if you want to browse the web on the go, get a laptop.
>>
>>56239527
the heat sink case is like 7 bucks
>>
>>56239568
is it really required for what I want to use it though?

And my main incentive of putting it in the fridge in the first place is to test exactly against that in a kinda-controlled environment.

Ideally I want to install it to the wall above my router.
>>
I think this
>>56239566
was meant for this
>>56239427
>>
>>56239562
I'm only asking because I'm having issues with access permissions to what Windows is referring to as the "temporary folder" and I'm not sure which one it's talking about, nor if I should try switching my environment TEMP variable from /appdata/local/Temp to /Windows/Temp.
>>
>>56239583
Redirecting replies is also a meme.
>>56239566
speaks for itself.
>>
>>56239596
I don't care if you think it's a meme. Just making sure you guys get each other's replies.
>>
>>56239635
see >>56239596
>>
>>56239582
>is it really required for what I want to use it though?
no
>>
>>56239648
You do know I haven't even posted anything to do with your smartphone discussion, right? I was just helping another anon with his troubleshooting problems.

You're exactly the type of person ruining /g/. This is /sqt/, not /shitpostgeneral/
>>
>>56239656
thanks, /sqt/
>>
>>56239672
skeet skeet skeet
>>
>>56239664
>You're exactly the type of person ruining /g/. This is /sqt/, not /shitpostgeneral/
No, it's this person.>>56239167

>>56239664
>You do know I haven't even posted anything to do with your smartphone discussion, right?
Yes.

You seem very irritated. I think you should take a stress-pill.
>>
>>56239682
Can't tell if moderate bait or just thick...

Anyway, pls trip so I can filter - works much better than a chill pill.
>>
>>56239698
I didn't say a chill pill. I said a stress-pill.
http://www.gnc.com/Natrol-Stress-Anxiety-Day-Nite/product.jsp?productId=3709754
>>
File: 1425740051459.jpg (109KB, 998x974px) Image search: [Google]
1425740051459.jpg
109KB, 998x974px
>>56236637
I want to make a new skype account but since microsoft bought it I can't seem to use a skype id instead of email or phone. What do?
>>
>Yuropoor software dev looking to move to north america
Are there any job opportunities there for a dynamics NAV developper? ÂX would do it too.
>2 years NAV exp
>no exp for AX but I had exp in .net
>>
>>56239723
Install qtox. It's not only more FOSS, it's actually sexier and more functional.
>>
>>56239728
I need it for an interview and they specifically asked for skype.
I can't use my current account lazynigger69
>>
>>56239830
Use grr.la as your email.
>>
>>56239836
ok
so it's not possible anymore to register with an id?
why are the doing this?
>>
>>56239854
Use cock.li
>>
My 6700K stock reaches 75+ on startup (I check the max on HWmonitor).

I use a H60 cooler, is this bad?
>>
I have a gaymen 144 hz monitor. I want to buy a second monitor.

What kind of monitor should I look for? I know I won't need another 144 hz monitor, won't be gaymen on both of them at the same time.

Any recommendations or thoughts on this? Money's not an issue.
>>
>>56239942

U2414H

Flip it vertical for the 'chon
>>
File: 20100512.gif (208KB, 504x2948px) Image search: [Google]
20100512.gif
208KB, 504x2948px
Sup /g/ a colleague of mine has a clicking drive,

He dropped the thing in a case from the top of his tower. About a foot off the ground.

I've tried a new sata adapter and tried to mount it in loonix to no avail.

no read or write, shit, not even recognised by anything I try to mount it in.

Recovery services are looking at £500-£2k so he basically can't afford it.

I advise people to back shit up using raid array and additional drives (should the array fail during reconstruction) , but they never listen.

Anyway. I've seen tutorials about opening up and moving the head off the disk to see if the bearing is simply stuck, is this possible for me to do without a clean room?
>>
>>56238831
Anything with a good CPU. Integrated graphics will be enough for most stuff in those periods, and you'll probably be emulating a bit of the earlier stuff, so more CPU power helps there. 4 hour battery with those games shouldn't be that difficult to find.

>>56239234
They just do. Download CrystalDiskInfo or another SMART reader and keep an eye on your drives' health if you're paranoid about it. They don't always tell you if something's on the way out, but they offer a good insight into your drives' health.

>>56239245
It depends on the game, but people seem to underestimate the 8230 (and other 8xxx chips) because they're AMD, and the whole "not-actually-8-cores" thing. You should be fine in most games, but I would expect it to hold you back in very CPU intensive games. I don't think you'd notice a significant impact in 95% of games, though.

>>56238831
>>56239596
>>56239648
>>56239682
>>56239718
Wow that's sad.

>>56239664
You're exactly right.

>>56239527
Should be fine, but you can get heatsink cases cheap, like the other anon said. Don't put it in the fridge. I forget exactly why, but from what I recall it doesn't actually impact cooling. I think LTT did a video on it, actually.

>>56239867
Those sort of temps don't _mean_ anything, but the fact that it's getting that hot on boot indicates something's wrong. Check temps under load, and if they're wonky check airflow, heatsink and thermal paste.

>>56239961
Not possible - It will kill the drive straight away.
>>
>>56239961
>dat pic.
That's why I like how in Farscape they have the concept of "twinning" where one person goes in, and two people come out. Neither is the original, and neither is a copy.
The process can not go on infinitely because they tend to get dumber after a few iterations.
>>
File: 1460016494667.webm (3MB, 1120x1012px) Image search: [Google]
1460016494667.webm
3MB, 1120x1012px
I'm trying to force the qr window of 4chan x to be a bit taller through CSS in my stylechan sidebar, but I can't make the changes work. I have the right selector, but it won't work. I've tried putting in stylish, 4chan x and stylechan. Anyone know how I can get it to work?

>webm related, even if it looks like shit
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (578KB, 1894x1008px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
578KB, 1894x1008px
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>56239976
>would kill the drive straight away
Why?
Dust?

I'm considering building a cabinet with an extractor and hepa filter to create a clean space.

Then I may be able to do it.

>>56240016
Wft I hate ram now
>>
>>56239942
Buy the exact same one you already have, for aesthetics.
>>
File: 1435593059502.gif (2MB, 300x347px) Image search: [Google]
1435593059502.gif
2MB, 300x347px
Is there a site that allows you to drop text messages?
Kinda like IRC but without the hassle.
>>
>>56239961
Yes, It's basically your only option. They don't have to be as clean people say, just don't touch the platters with anything.
>>
>>56240006
When they're resizable I think they have a different selector other than "height", like "default height" or something.
>>
>>56240026
This thread covers the reasons pretty well. I was probably being a bit overzealous when I said straight away, but you get the idea.

https://hardforum.com/threads/clean-room-necessary.1744307/

TL;DR - Dust and breaking the vacuum seal.
>>
>>56240068
4chan.org
>>
File: 1447339817101.jpg (295KB, 1920x1019px) Image search: [Google]
1447339817101.jpg
295KB, 1920x1019px
>>56240090
That hadn't occurred to me. It's fixed now. It came under a different selector, and I hadn't checked the computed styles to see where it was coming from.

Cheers for kick starting that man, haha.
>>
>>56240126
ha
ha
ha
haha
hahahaha
hahahahahaha
>>
>>56240162
:)

:(
>>
File: 1446014721050.gif (3MB, 328x450px) Image search: [Google]
1446014721050.gif
3MB, 328x450px
>>56240104
Yeah, I should give more info.
I'm going to a place with every major social media is blocked.
TOR can get you in trouble if caught.
I just need a static site with simple URL to leave a few text message.
>>
>>56239976
>Should be fine, but you can get heatsink cases cheap, like the other anon said. Don't put it in the fridge. I forget exactly why, but from what I recall it doesn't actually impact cooling. I think LTT did a video on it, actually.

While I won't put it in the fridge anymore, I do think that environment will at least be some degrees cooler than my room which absorbs a shitton of sunlight and summer is around.

Then again, yes, the actual impact on the thing might be questionable and it will spoil my food faster as well, or ramp up my energy bill.
>>
I tried asking these in pcbg threads but those seem to be partpicker circlejerking and shitposting only. Maybe im better off here. Questions based on gaming preference, not video rendering or such
>how do i monitor my system and find bottlenecks? Namely GPU, CPU and RAM
I dont want to buy on impulse and without reason. I would like to keep track of clear numbers when im playing games and not rely on instinct on what parts might need an upgrade. CPU can be monitored with perfmon, do i just choose 1sec and % processor time or is there more to it? Now how do i monitor RAM and GPU and then put it in correlation? There are RAM monitors in perfmon, but what is important to look at and means what? Afaik you cant see the GPU, so how will i do that and put the numbers in correlation? Also i guess having 100% load during loading screens is rather expected, so do you only look at peculiar peak points and averages beside those?

>RAM specs.
I currently have g skill F3-10600CL9D. 1333mhz 2x4GB. I guess thats pretty bad and maybe little money can increase much. What specifications are important with RAM and how much do these really matter? Is the GB size important beyond 8, maybe 16, what would the increase in performance be? If we are talking gaming use, is speed more important? 1333 is pretty low, what would have more effect, another 2x4GB of my current RAM or a new pair of 2x4GB with maybe like 2400mhz? Will there be a notable difference? I dont have a skylake or DDR4 mainboard but is the difference between these (still talking RAM, not CPU) remotely worth the cost? What about latencies, pretty much all the same? My PC is very cool and silent so heat spreaders are of little importance, is the GB and MHz number the only important thing then or is the more expensive module from the better brand still preferable or do i not have to care as long as these numbers match?
>>
>>56240172
Maybe just a shady area out of the way would suffice if you wanted to keep it naked.
>>
>>56240167
what is pastebin?
>>
>>56240184

>lastly i5 v i7
i7 has hyperthreading, what else? Is there nothing to care about considering its a gaming build and not used for CAD, Photoshop, rendering and the likes?
>>
File: 1448416516091.gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1448416516091.gif
1MB, 480x270px
Is there web based chat service that I can host?
To talk to people connected to the same network?
>>
When I open a php file from local host on safari I get a blank white page. Is this normal? I at least expected the document in text form
>>
>>56240192
ya.
k cheers.

BTW any other cool shit to try as a noob to server systems?
First project will be Discord Bot (which already works on my Windows, just need to port the cogs over), after that I'll try to set it up as Webserver for some PHP-Testing and maybe a Database or two.

Any other cool shit you can do with only software and programming which is fun and teaches you lots?

I'm also not that keen with Linux, only ever played with Mint in my uni time back in 2013 and am open to go and learn to work some distros (i.e. operate with cheat-sheet in hand).
>>
>>56240196
>what is pastebin?
Pastebin is fine, if you need to leave info you leave a URL.
What I'm looking for is different.
I want to leave a text messages in a pre- detriment URL.
>>
>>56240167
Build one? It'd be super simple, you could probably churn it out in an hour.
>>
>>56240264
I can't host it.
Discord seems alright.
>>
File: 1464306055378.gif (547KB, 700x625px) Image search: [Google]
1464306055378.gif
547KB, 700x625px
I can't remember this simple thing.

Auto centering css with margin left and right as auto.

There was some property you had to set the containing element to to make it work but I can't remember the name. To do with the way that element displays weather it floats or not.
>>
>>56240283
Use a flexbox maybe?

howtocenterincss.com
>>
>>56240234
build it yourself.

can be as simple as a php file which I/Os a text file in the background

any public website for that will need SOME kind of link to give you in order to not be immediately overwritten

>>56240264
this

discord would get you into the same trouble as TOR I think
>>
>>56240283
you gotta set is as

display: block;
width: some%;

and then you can auto-margin
>>
>>56240295
>discord would get you into the same trouble as TOR I think
Why?
>>
>>56240307
don't know your situation but if you explicitly never thought of a messenger until now, I assumed you need something REALLY barebones.
>>
>>56240352
>never thought of a messenger
I have though of it.
But what if I can't download the messenger application?
The solution is web based IM, even that require JAVA.
Also I found a way.
There is a service that allow custom URL.
I can use that to append it dropbox/discord.
>>
>>56240302
>>56240289
Thanks, I was thinking of the position: relative, fixed, absolute.
>>
What AMD CPU for medium gayming you recommend?
>>
How big an SSD do you think I will need for a general purpose Debian server?

I'll be running Emby, subsonic, qbittorrent, openvpn, and some other pretty light stuff.
I also have 6TB RAID storage.

I feel that 120GB is plenty. But maybe I can get away with less?
>>
>>56240408
Logicalincremens has some pretty solid AMD CPU recommendations for gaming builds. Have a look at those.
>>
>>56240097

>>56240234

Yeah I understand why the drive is sealed and why clean room environments are necessary.

The thing is that the drive is dead, If the dude isn't going to pay for it to be recovered, then the idea is that the data will be lost regardless.

I may as well give it a go and hope it lasts long enough to recover some percentage of the data.

I suppose My question is really, is there a snowballs chance in hell that this could even work?
>>
File: IMG_20160824_133252.jpg (3MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160824_133252.jpg
3MB, 3024x4032px
how bad do you rate this soldering, I can either use a tin strip that I'll put some solder on and the push ontop of the batteries to get a connection or just a 2,5mm2 copper wire

what'd be best?
>>
>>56240494
If you've got a solid plan of action, then you don't have anything to lose. Just be quick and don't do more than you need to, but that was obvious.

Best of luck with whatever you decide to do.
>>
File: dom_x3__1.png (177KB, 800x596px) Image search: [Google]
dom_x3__1.png
177KB, 800x596px
I have a tri-channel X58 mobo.
Can I buy three separate modules (same freq as the ones I already have) or do I have to stick to the ones labeled "tri-channel" ?
>>
>>56238941
me again - I actually found the command early on but the output looks wrong to me because I was in a channel by myself

it's just /names
>>
>>56239427
Nah. I use Firefox Nightly and I have less problems than all my friends and family do with their mobile browsers. Including people using Firefox Stable.

Firefox sync is pretty cool, too.
>>
>>56239723
>>56239854
microsoft is actually just trying to fuck up everything they can before someone goes and finishes them off

Just recently they bought LinkedIn and Beam.pro.. They're just throwing money around while they still have it.
>>
>>56240436
Nobody?
>>
>>56238534

Hold the notifications until it shows an "i" in a circle. Tap on it and "Disable notifications".

Works for basic applications but not sure about system ones.

Or just fuckin' update.
>>
>>56240678
speaking of linkedin

I just started my linkedin profile. Where is the "about" section so I can tell people I'm not gonna be using it much?

I also have to write a number greater than 0 in my cv at the asking pay section. Should I put 1 or what I'm actually asking for?
>>
Is the mobile GTX 1060 superior to the desktop GTX 660?
>>
File: 85951465.jpg (55KB, 342x316px) Image search: [Google]
85951465.jpg
55KB, 342x316px
>>56240764
Doesn't work for system ones, I tried a few process killers too.

Ended up clicking on it to update. Turns out it was some 3mb update and it's gone now.

>It's been on my lock screen for a year and all I had to do was click on it.
>>
>>56240436
>>56240742
120 GB is bigger than the size of Debian's entire ARM repository.
You can install a headless Debian system on 1GB. Add another 1GB for any tools you might need, and another 1GB for temp stuff. Double that, just because, and you end up with 6GB, which will be plenty.
>>
>>56236637
how to fix my python 3 install?

$sudo apt-get install python3

/var/lib/dpkg/info/python3.4.postinst: 9: /var/lib/dpkg/info/python3.4.postinst: python3.4: not found
dpkg: error processing package python3.4 (--configure):
subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 127
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of python3:
python3 depends on python3.4 (>= 3.4.0-0~); however:
Package python3.4 is not configured yet.

dpkg: error processing package python3 (--configure):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of dh-python:
dh-python depends on python3:any (>= 3.3.2-2~); however:
Package python3 is not configured yet.

dpkg: error processing package dh-python (--configure):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Errors were encountered while processing:
python3.4
python3
dh-python
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
>>
>>56240782
Yes, by quite a bit. Maybe 20-40%
>>
>>56236637
Why do people think Trump is literally Hitler?
>>
I need to install Windows 10 version 1511 for the latest Nvidia driver I need for the GTX1060. Since my pc is running Windows 10 version 10240 and it doesn't detect any new update at the monet, is it safe to download the latest 1511 update without downloading the previous ones?
>>
File: 1471861303496.jpg (108KB, 600x746px) Image search: [Google]
1471861303496.jpg
108KB, 600x746px
Are there any currently-in-production white optical drives? And not the 90's computer-beige-white.
>>
File: 230498572.jpg (20KB, 368x475px) Image search: [Google]
230498572.jpg
20KB, 368x475px
>>56241081
>>
>>56241128
Upgrade to Windows 7
>>
File: 1471716055545.png (496KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1471716055545.png
496KB, 1920x1080px
What steam skin is this?
>>
>>56241164
Too late. Seriously
>>
>>56240862
Can you purge all 3 packages, then reinstall them one by one?
>>
If I want better Internet WiFi speed, should I buy a new router or keep my ISP router and buy one of them extender powerline booster plug gadgets?
>>
File: 1471552881761.gif (1MB, 332x352px) Image search: [Google]
1471552881761.gif
1MB, 332x352px
>>56240862
>dep hell

>pacman -S python34 python3
>done

How can people use such shitty package managers holy shit
>>
>>56241226
Those plugs only help to improve wifi reception if your pc is too far from the router.
>>
What's a mice with indestructible switches, the last 2 mice I got were fucking garbagecan tier that stopped fucking working properly within 2 years. I thought logitech made decent mice but I guess I was wrong.
>>
>>56241257
>Logitech
>Decent
They used to compete with madcatz.
>>
>>56241175
metro i think
>>
>>56241175
hey I didn't know there was a new grow home
>>
>>56241294
Sadly not
>>
My thinkpad (t430) has a wobbly battery, it doesn't have any chance of falling out but it makes an annoying clicking noise as it shifts from side to side, and I can't take it anymore

would a new battery solve this, or is this something wrong with the laptop itself in the area where the battery connects to?
>>
How possible is it for me to be able to replace a integrated battery in a laptop and add battery life by myself?

Would it be possible to replace a battery in a low/mid (or even high) end laptop and add extra battery life whilst maintaining or improving the weight?

Or are some/most/all laptops so well engineered that it wouldn't be possible to beat a manufacturer in battery capacity/weight with things I could buy? Thanks
>>
>>56241374
Laptop batteries are just 18650s so you can just buy good ones from a reputable brand and put those in
>>
>>56241374
For intigrated ones you'll just have to do research into manufactured lithium cells, find ones with the right dimensions, voltage and then look for ones with larger capacities. If it's an old laptop there's probably been advances in battery capacity tech so your chances are high. For new laptop they probably used one of the better ones being produced at the moment.

>>>/diy/ohm

Most laptop battery packs are just a container for 18650 batteries.
>>
>>56241257
g600 if you like bulky mice g700 if you like slimer mice

>inb4 gamer
Extra buttons work wonders kb'd to side button

>g600 for 3 years
>>
How do I actually use this code for error handling?

enum _config_error
{
E_SUCCESS = 0,
E_INVALID_INPUT = -1,
E_FILE_NOT_FOUND = -2, /* consider some way of returning the OS error too */
};

/* type to provide in your API */
typedef _config_error error_t;

/* use this to provide a perror style method to help consumers out */
struct _errordesc {
int code;
char *message;
} errordesc[] = {
{ E_SUCCESS, "No error" },
{ E_INVALID_INPUT, "Invalid input" },
{ E_FILE_NOT_FOUND, "File not found" },
};
>>
Hello everyone,

I've got an iso of a simpsons dvd, how can I rip it to my harddrive?
I've tried mounting the iso with win WinCDEmu and tried to open it with MakeMKV, but somehow it does not recognize it as a disk

has anybody ripped a dvd that way and could point into the right direction? google only gives me shitty suggestions
>>
>>56242098
nevermind, apparently i didnt even need to mount it, makemkv can read iso files
>>
How do I add .ass subtitles to an .mkv?
I've tried using MKVToolNix, but I can't seem to find an option to do this
>>
>>56242168
ffmpeg
>>
>>56242211
I guess I have to learn it now
Thanks
>>
Why would I use a VPS? Can I torrent stuff there?
>>
>>56242464
You could use a VPS to torrent, most hosts don't appreciate DMCA notices though.
>>
How can my computer not see any boot devices?
I have a hard-drive and a dvdburner and it can't see any of them.
It used to work and I haven't disconnected them or anything.
>>
My school blocks VPNs AND Tor, which sucks since they mitm your traffic and I'm gonna be living on campus for a year. What do?
>>
>>56242912
SSH?
>>
>>56242098
>>56242151
In future, just open it with an archive program or something. Much easier than mounting and grabbing them that way.
>>
>>56242933
Haven't tested it yet.
>>
What's a good book for beginners on networks?
>>
File: 1466218201508.png (60KB, 746x563px) Image search: [Google]
1466218201508.png
60KB, 746x563px
>>56241144
Shameress selfu-bumperu
>>
anybody have a link of the windows 7 iso on MDL?
>>
Arch won't connect to the internet at my school, just lan, but i can ping 8.8.8.8
>>
File: IMAG0159_1.jpg (562KB, 4050x1617px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0159_1.jpg
562KB, 4050x1617px
What the hell is wrong?
I also couldn't get into windows.
>>
>>56243122
Just google it anon or browse MDL forums windows 7 sectionm
>>
>>56242820
Boot partition is fucked or weird order in boot list.
>>
>>56243175
Can you read?
>>
Please help
>>56243155
>>
File: TJ08-E-34View-Inside.jpg (165KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
TJ08-E-34View-Inside.jpg
165KB, 560x560px
I have a silverstone temjin tj08-e case which is a MATX case with a big 180mm fan at the front.

I recently installed a H60 cooler for my 6700K, I think I have it that the radiator fan is pulling air from outside the back of the case inwards (the fan's front sticker is facing towards the back of the case).

This is not very effective for cooling I would think but what sort of difference would it make if I turned the fan around so it pulled air from the back of the radiator out of the fan?

It's a pain to put it back together again, what sort of degrees C difference would I get or is it negligible.
>>
Will using a US DNS in router slow my connection or expose my information?
>>
>>56243155
Why do you mean? You can't use wifi?
>>
How would I go about adding a clock to a webpage? A webpage that already exists, as opposed to one I've written myself. I want to add a clock to my 4chan "CSS", but I'm not sure how to go about it.
>>
File: 5.jpg (225KB, 1200x903px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
225KB, 1200x903px
Is AVI a container or a format?
I want to use the built-in USB support in my DVD player to play some movies.
Tried playing the MP4 directly, but it didn't work.
So I'm guessing wrong codecs?
If so what are the codecs that I should use?
>>
>>56243301
It used to work.
I have no idea what that thing that's missing is but it shouldn't be missing since it was there before.
>>
>>56243671
They mean the same thing. Sort of.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_container_format

Anyway, just run it through handbrake as H.264/MP4 and you'll be fine.
>>
>>56243726
>H.264
That was what the MP4 encoded with and it didn't run.
>>
I bought an IDE hard drive for my PS2, and an IDE to USB adapter, but this thing isn't showing up on my PC. The light on the adapter is on, but the drive isn't showing up.
>>
is it worth buying a used thinkpad for linux learning and prigramming , workin with networks etc?
>>
>>56243663
It will connect to the router but no internet will work
>>
>>56236637
Getting lag spikes on wifi. Every 20 minutes or so when browsing, but more often during high traffic (like gaming or downloading large files, doesn't affect streaming because buffering). What can I do to determine if it's my adapter or my access point?
>>
Should I switch to spotify /g/?
My current setup is a beets+mpd+ncmpcpp server which converts all the FLACs to mp3 on an sd card in my phone/mp3 player (this takes a day or two, and my library just fits compressed on a 64gb sd).
However, it's becoming quite a hassle to properly keep my music up to date (and finding new music), having to do everything manually.
On the other side, it would cost money, I don't need internet on my phone or anywhere for my music, and since I have 2 hours of daily commuting coming up that does do alot. And not everything in my library is in there, and I would have to recreate my library in spotify, costing alot of time.

Any opinions to help me out? Perhaps alternatives that I'm missing out on?
>>
>>56243901
That's not very descriptive. You can ping, so there is a dhcp setup and your authentication goes through. Are you certain there is not additional restrictions on your device by the school? For instance, at my school your laptop's MAC has to be registered and you have to have an antivirus (which they can somehow detect you are or are not using) installed unless it's a game console or a phone.
>>
So I accidentally installed some malware on my computer and anons in the last thread told me that I should install a clean version of windows on my PC, but that this would erase everything that I had on my harddrives so I copied everything I needed onto a USB and then did the clean install. Now when I go back to my computer I see that everything is still there it's just that my windows is a fresh windows. I'm worried that there still could be some malware hidden on my computer since nothing was erased on my computer at all.
>>
Hi /g/. Can somebody explain why my Asus X501 with i3 processor suddenly started making sound like an old mechanical clock? Very loud sound of ticking in a fast rhytm... Never heard anything like that from a PC.
>>
>>56243751
You need 2 USB cables to turn on a HDD, one isnt enough.
>>
Are any of the gtx 1060 laptops going to be around the 1000 euro range or are they all going to be around 1500. Just wondering whether to buy a laptop with gtx 960m now or wait a bit and get a better GPU for the same price.
>>
I bought this :
https://www.amazon.fr/KRK-ROKIT-Enceinte-pour-Ipod/dp/B00EUVFH80/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1471721770&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=KRK+RP8G2+Rokit+G3

and this :
https://www.amazon.fr/Focusrite-2i2-Interface-audionum%C3%A9rique-USB/dp/B005OZE9SA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1471721653&sr=8-2&keywords=focusrite

What cable should I buy to connect them together ?
>>
>>56244113
(it's connected to my laptop btw, and only for music listening)
>>
File: 4L_PePnPvnl.png (16KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
4L_PePnPvnl.png
16KB, 2000x2000px
What is a fun web project that my friends and I can do with a VPS?
>>
>>56243942
Other distros (kali and ubuntu) work so I'm guessing its some weird support I'm missing
>>
Just picked up a hot new lenovo chinkpad p40 yoga and am thinking about installing leenux on it
Every laptop i have owned for the past 6 years has run linux on it, but i have a few Q's i need A'd

what are the best distro's for 2 in 1s?

this computer comes with a wacom pen and I want to make sure that linux can utilize the pen and its buttons

I want to use arch (i installed it on my old comp), would i need to configure all the function keys for like backlights and shit?

thanx pham
>>
>>56244225
What does wifi-menu report?
>>
Is LibreOffice writer really the best notetaking program for gnu/linux systems?
>>
What's stopping me from putting wget in a loop to get a pastebin page and leaving it running until the paste gets to the top in views
>>
>>56244581
Other people doing the same.
>>
>>56243907
bump
>>
>>56244581
Other people doing the same.
Anti-bot systems.
>>
My 4k TV goes no signal when trying to game at 1080p on it. I'm using a 1.4 HDMI cable, would this be resolved by using HDMI 2.0?
>>
i have debian stable, and i want to install testing (or sid) in a vm, to use newer packages without breaking my system. What's the best technology i can use? virtualbox now belongs to contrib so i would prefer something else. How good are xen or kvm? which would you recommend?
i'm only going to run linux distros, not windows, so compatibility with windows is not needed. Also a gui would be nice to have
>>
File: Clipboard01.png (12KB, 404x442px) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard01.png
12KB, 404x442px
>>56236637
With this active, my processor still jumps from half speed to max speed when I open anything up. This used to work fine before, but now on Windows 10 it doesn't? Or am I missing something?
>>
File: Capture.png (4KB, 392x179px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
4KB, 392x179px
>>56244755
In fact, it's usually at max speed.
>>
>>56240527
I figured I could make a 5x2 grid with the tins strips and just solder those on, would 2 layers of solder be bad enough for a noticeable voltage drop?
>>
>>56236637
where can/should i torrent a copy of windows 7 or 10
in desperate need of help here
thanks
>>
which ones are the best VPNs out there?
>>
>>56236637
How do I prove P!=NP
>>
>>56244479
pretty much yeah.
I havent found anything else that comes close
>>
File: 14720607277371469815607.jpg (1001KB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
14720607277371469815607.jpg
1001KB, 2592x1456px
What exactly would the use of one of these hardware firewalls be? Would it be useful for anything on a home network?
>>
Can someone help?

built new computer. installed usb drivers. now none of my usb drivers work and my usb mouse doesn't work because it can't connect to my computer. Essentially making my computer worthless since i cant use a mouse anymore
>>
>>56245056
Is it connected to a USB port on the back of your motherboard? Is it connected to a USB 2.0 or 3.0 port?
>>
Is there any rehosted KAT mirror anywhere? Surely someone has the database of torrents before it went down...
>>
>>56245074
I've tried all the usb ports on my computer, 3.0 port. The mouse was working fine before I installed the usb port driver then once It was finished I can't click the button that says next to finish the driver installation because the mouse no longer works.
>>
File: ram.jpg (38KB, 320x228px) Image search: [Google]
ram.jpg
38KB, 320x228px
What's the difference between setting the clock on my ram manually to 1600mhz and letting XMP take care of it?
All of my sticks are clocked at 1600mhz but my motherboard does not support any of them so I'm unable to turn on XMP.
>>
>>56245125
If your keyboard still works, hit the tab key until you see that the finish button is highlighted and hit enter. Then try restarting your PC (I'm assuming that you're using windows).
>>
What are the credentials used for the /g/ ftp? The ones from the irc aren't working, says access denied.
>>
I've got a copy of windows 7 installed on a laptop, and even though I used a legitimate key it is now telling me the copy is not genuine. Rather than call up microshaft and deal with their horrible support, I heard I could just activate it using DAZ loader or something.

Is this an easy process? Never done anything like this before so I'm not sure of where to start.
>>
File: 1468251646021.png (280KB, 600x847px) Image search: [Google]
1468251646021.png
280KB, 600x847px
>>56245222
Forgot to add a cute anime girl for visibility.
>>
>>56245222
I think it's dead (Or no longer public, at least). The welcome page hasn't been updated for nearly three years.
>>
I made an Illustrator file with several layers which I then animated in After Effects and saved as a project. Now I need to change something in the layers in Illustrator but for the animation to remain the same in AE, will just opening the project file in AE update the layers to the changed ones or do I have to do something myself?
>>
>>56245299
Th-thanks, anon, much appreciated...

>>56245301
Thanks. Oh well.
>>
>>56245223
Download it from my digital life forums.
Check SHA-1.
Run it.

Thats it.
>>
I want to buy a portable router, so I can have a private WiFi hotspot/ethernet plug for my laptop/phone when traveling and use it to connect to whatever WiFi is provided at the place I'm staying or use 3G/4G/whataver with a SIM card. It also must be able to run off of a power bank.

Any recommendations?
>>
>>56245223
>>56245348
This is the download link:
http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/58464-Windows-Loader-Download

>Is it safe?
Yes meanwhile you download the original one.
>Is it the original one?
Yes, want to check yourself? Check the SHA-1 with 7zip and compare it.
>>
just built a new computer, only thing i skimped on was the motherboard. is it possible for the motherboard to bottleneck performance?
>>
>>56245152
XMP sets not only the clock but also the latencies.
Afaik, setting the latencies and clock manually to the values set in the XMP should have the exact same effect.
>>
>>56243175
Your uuid is invalid
>>
Is 45C a too high temperature for a idle GTX 1060?
>>
I'm curious - could anyone recommend a replacement android keyboard that they like? I just upgraded to a Note 7 and I'd like to try some new ones.
Bear in mind I do not swype.
>>
>>56245395
As far as you care, no, not really.
Of course it can but only a power user would notice. You're gucci famalam.
>>
So what exactly is the problem with my 980Ti and CPU running at 150degrees+ celsius if the metal's melting points are in the thousands? I know temperature and resistance increase linearly but when talking about silicon and copper it ought to be negligible.

not that it reaches those temperatures, my record for any component was my CPU at 110 degrees.
>>
>>56245583
milk still spoils if not refrigerated, even if room temperature is not enough to boil it
>>
computer noob here. Good starting places to learn about computers, programming, OS, hardware, all that shit, in general? Any good youtube channels, podcasts, books?
>>
>>56245598
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Main_Page
>>
>>56245476
No, 70°C+ would be.
>>
How important are RAM latencies?
Should they be low or high?
How important they are for IGPU perfomance?
>>
File: Capture.png (43KB, 654x220px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
43KB, 654x220px
will this work with a ps3 + crt monitor?

I assume either HDCP will fail and I'd get no video, or 1280x720 isn't supported by old monitors
>>
Im installing Windows 7 updates with WSUS Offline and it doesn't resume updating after rebooting... Do I have to rerun it every time it reboots the PC till all updates will be installed or am I doing something wrong?
>>
>>56245393
Thank you anon.
>>
Will I fuck up in the future if I go and build a X58 workstation?
I don't want to buy a new mobo and CPU too soon.
>>
is there a truly free alternative to plex as in free beer apps?
>>
File: MarieClaudeBourbonnais.jpg (55KB, 612x816px) Image search: [Google]
MarieClaudeBourbonnais.jpg
55KB, 612x816px
My cheapshit subwoofer is making a tiny shrieking noise when the speakers are off. I can only get rid of it by pulling the power plug. Google searches tell me it has something to do with grounding, but I don't think that's it. Any idea what the hell I'm dealing with?

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1xPPTHS5TXG
>>
>>56245639
What would be the ideal temperature during gaming?
>>
>>56245838
>>56245838
>>56245838
>>56245838
New thread
>>
>>56245476
Idle temps don't matter, unless they're really high.
>>
do i have anything to worry about when I'm on android and one of those annoying ass popups happen when I'm on a random website and it makes my phone vibrate? I'm paranoid desu
i just close chrome then go to my apps and clear all the data so that i won't open the same tab lol
maybe i could just spam the back button or not use chrome but sometimes i forget
>>
>>56245828
Normal? 50-60°C.
Ideal? Anything under 50.

>>56245873
Install firefox and ublock origin.
>>
Does it matter which usb sticks I buy if I just want to use them to listen music in my car?
Should I use several smaller storage or one large one?
>>
Is there a way to force higher UI scaling in Windows? I'm already using the highest setting and sitting as close to my monitor as I can be. Wearing glasses while using a computer makes me nauseous.

I mostly just want better font scaling and certain apps to scale better.
>>
I need to buy a laptop soon. I want my laptop to play Overwatch at 60FPS on low-medium settings (basically just shadows on)

>What price range am I looking at? Trying to go cheap
>What are some pillowed specs I should look for when looking at laptops
>>
>>56236637
Im a newbie on programming, and Im not sure how do pointers work, but mostly... how can I implement them? where do I need to use them?
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.