[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>not tying your front connectors together to make it easier

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20160824_121247.jpg (2MB, 2340x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160824_121247.jpg
2MB, 2340x4160px
>not tying your front connectors together to make it easier to apply

It's like you enjoy making things more difficult.
>>
>>56235512
>having a shitbox case that doesnt use a single idc connector
>>
Eh, I always fuck it up and have to switch around polarities. I still can't get my power button led to come on.
>>
>>56235530
ive never come across such a case or connector before. interdasting.
>>
why don't you just buy a 2x6 or whatever jst connector and make your own harness?
>>
>>56235512
There's adapters you can get to plug them into for like, $1 off ebay.
>>
>>56235512
I buy prebuilt so my life isn't difficult.
>>
>>56235512
>having a pube stuck to your finger
>>
>>56235571
More effort

>>56235577
2 to 6 weeks waiting time

>>56235580
You're an idiot

>>56235530
Eh
>>
File: Supermicro_SC743_3c.jpg (96KB, 990x704px) Image search: [Google]
Supermicro_SC743_3c.jpg
96KB, 990x704px
>>56235570
My SuperMicro case just has a ribbon cable. I'm not sure why OP bought a cheap chassis
>>
>>56235607
i dont think its to do with cheap. it must be a new thing.
>>
>>56235607
That's my first time seeing a case where it's not split into 7
>>
>>56235512
>>56235512
>>56235512
I like to plug my power led backwards as I don't like it fucking my eye. For shutdown state, I always keep the socket multiplier close (as it closes monitors, chargers, PC PSU at the same time.) It makes thing easier as if I see the LED, it always means I fucked something up (either forgot to turn off the switcb or didn't turn on the computer when I wanted to use it.)
>>
>>56235659
did you know that when a diode is connected with reversed polarity it dissipates heat? i.e. you've probably increased your power bill by a total of $1
>>
>>56235595
>You're an idiot
No, I have a job and shit to do. HP/Dell workstations are great.
>>
File: +Lian-Li Front Panel Wiring-2.jpg (66KB, 700x539px) Image search: [Google]
+Lian-Li Front Panel Wiring-2.jpg
66KB, 700x539px
>>56235512
>tfw lian li gives you a cable so you can wire up your motherboard outside of the case and then plug-n-play when its inside the case
>tfw they also usually have slide-out motherboard trays
>>
Why would you do that? You could just get one or two 10-pin dupont connectors and transfer the pins from your front panel cables to the appropriate locations for your particular motherboard. Then you've got a solid connector instead of a jerry rigged mass of them held together with a zip tie.
>>
>>56235674
You got it wrong. A circuit that turns on from another source when PC is off. It wastes less than 0.01 cents/pennies that I almost never forget to do that shit, but if I do, that reminds me.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.