[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /g/ think of windowed side panels?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 300rw_hero_down_a.png (885KB, 800x1110px) Image search: [Google]
300rw_hero_down_a.png
885KB, 800x1110px
I'm building a cheap ass rig for video editing, the gaymer inside my kinda wants this side panel version of the 300r case, are they worth it? or are they gaudy scratch magnets?
>>
I have that case just without the see through sides.

If the side panel is plastic, it can scratch easily and will just tarnish over time. If it's some kind of glass, you're good.

Case is real solid too. Big fan of being able to just slide in hard drives and lots of holes for airflow. It is weird that there's no filter on the top.
>>
>>56235161
Yeah I just placed my order for the non windowed version, why pay over ten dollar more for having less metal in your side panel and replacing it with plastic?
>>
its just an aesthetic meme.
>>
>>56235072
I have a corsair case with the side panel. Never even look at it, never understood why I'd need it, but I can see why some people would want it.

I keep my computer between my desk and my wall so it's out of the way, side panel was pointless but this was the best case for the price here
>>
>>56235072
I have this case without the window, it just depends on whether or not you're the window type of person.

However I do like the fact that there are still the fan mountings for the window panel where as most window side panels I see don't have that exhaust potential for non-blower cooling solutions for gpus

Also, do not try to do 280mm radiators on this case unless you want the fans to be on the top of the case.
>>
>>56235506
I'm only using a hyper TX3 with the 300r so it'll be sweet, otherwise i'd get the fractal R5.
>>
>>56235072
I have a case that has a clear panel so I can see how much just have accumulated, other than that it sits in a visible position.
>>
>>56235633
*dust

When autocorrect goes wrong.

Pretty sure there's a subreddit for that.
>>
>>56235611
Hahahahahahahahhaha ok.
>>
>>56235072
i think it looks cool, i use led's, yes. who cares. it sits in the corner of my room and gives a comfy glow to my room.
>>
File: 1341403883605.jpg (19KB, 210x230px) Image search: [Google]
1341403883605.jpg
19KB, 210x230px
It was the most amazing thing back in the early 00's. Pair it with an internal neon light and you were king of the LAN party.

Windowed cases were an interesting novelty back in the days when it required manual labor and there was stuff actually worth looking at in the machine. Today, the average box is a mobo assembly with vidya card and hard drive.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.