[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/SQT/ - Stupid Question Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 351
Thread images: 48

File: 234.jpg (13KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
234.jpg
13KB, 400x400px
/SQT/ - Stupid Question Thread

Last one passed the limit

Is there a way to see the Qbittorrent download speed in a diagram form?
>>
>>56230377
>Is there a way to see the Qbittorrent download speed in a diagram form?

I see no such option in the program.

However, you might be use a 3rd party network analyzer.
>>
File: 61vHc1CD22L._SL1500_.jpg (66KB, 1500x900px) Image search: [Google]
61vHc1CD22L._SL1500_.jpg
66KB, 1500x900px
Where can I find one of these but with a ground prong as well?
>>
File: 1422603614760.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1422603614760.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
is there any method i can view Instagram private profile?
>>
How do I use file selection on halite?
>>
>>56230824
add the account holder as a friend
>>
File: Oh_gosh.jpg (4KB, 185x82px) Image search: [Google]
Oh_gosh.jpg
4KB, 185x82px
Where can I pirate my collage textbooks while on my college's WiFi, without my college finding out?

Tell me, pretty please
>>
>>56231167
just go to the school library and use the ones they have there.

Only ever heard of a college campus, or ISP for that matter, getting pissy about downloading copyright movies and shows. never music or software or ebooks.
>>
>>56231167
set up a VPN service
>>
>>56231108
probably won't accept. i mean if there is a way to view the pictures of a private profile
>>
I gather uTorrent, bitTorrent etc. are shit and loaded down with spyware/adware. What torrent client does /g/ recommend?
>>
>>56231285
uTorrent 2.2.1
>>
>>56231285
Deluge
qBittorent
>>
Is a bad mobo to blame for my computer to be unable to hold the proper time? I changed the cmos about 3 months ago and its been fine til now. Seems way too short of a battery life. Also I get power surges on the USB and get multiclick/multi-input on mouse/kb.
>>
So downloaded and installed a not-so-genuine version of windows 7 onto my computer, but it knew my windows wasn't genuine so I looked around and found a program that generated windows keys and I guess tricked windows into thinking I had a genuine version. Now my computer is saying again that the version of windows I have is not genuine, even though windows has been running fine for weeks after using that key generating program. Unfortunately I forgot the name of that program and was hoping anyone here has the name of it
>>
File: logo.png (9KB, 624x140px) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
9KB, 624x140px
Is this thing good?
>>
>>56231766
KMSS, Its malware, but it just werks.
>>
How do I prevent the malicious JavaScript ad on the main page that keeps hijacking my mobile browser?
>>
Not so sure if this is the right place but whatever

Windows update stopped working like a year ago, it simply keeps showing "Checking for updates" never really needed it until now because some game requires a specific update so I can install a new version of Visual C++ Redistributable

Looked around a bit and tried some different methods I found, of which none worked

They were either:
trying to manually install an update for the updater, but it just gets the same problem where it doesn't stop searching for updates
Renaming SoftwareDistribution & catroot folders, I assume to redownload them. This changed the "Most recent check for updates" and "Updates were installed" things to "Never", as mentioned, but it still has the same problem
Running

I also fucked around with some diagnostics commands, the microsoft fix it center tool (which doesn't work at all) and resetting the update service

Should I just format my system
>>
I built my first new pc last night. My pc has the following specs:
Asus H110 m-k
EVGA GTX1060 6GB
Intel i5 6500
Kingston Savage DDR4 2133 MHz CL13
WD Caviarl Blue 1TB
Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB SSD
Seasonic S12II 80+ Bronze
Cooler Master N200

I've just rum the BIOS multiple times and I've already upgraded the BIOS to the latest version. Everything works fine. I'm going to install Windows 10 Home soon, but I'm wondering what drivers I should get for my components. I'm thinking about Nvidia's latest driver for GTX1060 and Samsung Magician for the SSD. Is there anything else I should consider to install?
>>
>>56231285
rtorrent

>>56231615
Yes, sounds like bad Mobo

>>56231876
Disable Javascript for that page, obviously.
>>
>>56231857
tried looking it up but couldn't find anything
>>
2 things i have bought on ebay with paypal (linked bank acct not debit card (a debit card one shows up though)) are not showing up on my bank's website. Wtf. what do.
>>
>>56230824
help
>>
Going to dualboot Windows with xubuntu so I can play games and use visual studios.
Windows 7 or 10?
>>
>>56230692
Make it yourself?
>>
File: 1379246004681.png (111KB, 207x320px) Image search: [Google]
1379246004681.png
111KB, 207x320px
>>56232166
>>
Im trying to run an .exe on Windows recovery mode with cmd and it gives me an "The subsystem needed to support the image type is not present" error. Any ideas on how to fix it?
>>
Anything wrong with these settings for firefox? It builds but it instantly segfaults claiming libux.so dumped.
#  Enable
ac_add_options --enable-url-classifier
ac_add_options --enable-application=browser
ac_add_options --enable-optimize
ac_add_options --enable-strip
ac_add_options --enable-install-strip
ac_add_options --enable-gio
ac_add_options --enable-system-ffi
ac_add_options --enable-system-pixman
ac_add_options --enable-gstreamer=1.0
ac_add_options --enable-system-hunspell
ac_add_options --enable-system-cairo
ac_add_options --enable-system-sqlite
ac_add_options --enable-gold
ac_add_options --enable-pie
ac_add_options --enable-jemalloc
ac_add_options --enable-elf-dynstr-gc
ac_add_options --enable-necko-small-buffers

# Disable
ac_add_options --disable-official-branding
ac_add_options --disable-necko-wifi
ac_add_options --disable-webrtc
ac_add_options --disable-safe-browsing
ac_add_options --disable-crashreporter
ac_add_options --disable-updater
ac_add_options --disable-tests
ac_add_options --disable-startup-notification
ac_add_options --disable-pulseaudio
ac_add_options --disable-debug
ac_add_options --disable-installer
ac_add_options --disable-telemetry
ac_add_options --disable-debug-symbols
ac_add_options --disable-accessibility
ac_add_options --disable-xinerama
ac_add_options --disable-mochitests
ac_add_options --disable-logging
# System
ac_add_options --prefix=/usr
ac_add_options --libdir=/usr/lib
ac_add_options --with-pthreads
ac_add_options --with-system-bz2
ac_add_options --with-system-jpeg
ac_add_options --with-system-png
ac_add_options --with-system-zlib
ac_add_options --with-system-libevent
ac_add_options --with-system-libvpx
ac_add_options --with-system-nspr
ac_add_options --with-system-nss
ac_add_options --with-system-icu

mk_add_options MOZ_OBJDIR=@TOPSRCDIR@/firefox-build-dir
>>
>>56232207
You being serious?
>>
File: 1382015558329.jpg (59KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1382015558329.jpg
59KB, 960x720px
>>56232288
All the functions of a 7 plus lighter
Less of that 10 bullshit
>>
>>56232391
fosho, thanks
>>
>>56232169
Was thinking of that as a last resort but i don't trust myself with making a long lasting cord for something that handles 500W. I'm just surprised there wasn't already something like this available. "Piggyback plug switch" and the likes didn't bring up much.
>>
I have a Mbp 17" on osx 10.6.8 and I don't have the admin password, what should I do.
Really how bad is Windows 10
>>
m8s

want a laptop under 500 bucks.

fast, not for gaming

smaller screen idc.

thoughts?
>>
>>56232504
[spoiler]thinkpad[/spoiler]
>>
>>56232076
Gentoo
>>
Where can I get windows 8.1 iso to dualboot?
>>
File: vroom vroom Nvidia.jpg (93KB, 804x627px) Image search: [Google]
vroom vroom Nvidia.jpg
93KB, 804x627px
>>56232076
>I'm going to install Windows 10 Home soon,
>Windows 10 Home
>Windows 10
>Home
I don't know which of that is worse but it's all bad, if you're going to install 10 get the fucking Pro or Enterprise .iso and activate with MSToolkit off mydigitallife forums

>I'm wondering what drivers I should get for my components.
You're a goymer so all you need to concern yourself with is Nvidia drivers and your Samsung shit
>>
>>56232610
microsoft, unless they removed it like they did with 7
>>
>>56232641
>>56232641
I don't have to buy it?
>>
File: Torrent Guide 1.1.png (1MB, 1500x2670px) Image search: [Google]
Torrent Guide 1.1.png
1MB, 1500x2670px
>>56232148
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Windows_7#Activation

it will work on any copy of 7, but for the sake of cleaning out malware you should really download a clean copy of windows and verify the checksum of your ISO against MSDN

https://www.pcsteps.com/45-download-windows-7-iso-legally-free-digital-river/

>>56231285
Picrelated

>>56232610
http://mirror.corenoc.de/digitalrivercontent.net/
http://windowsiso.net/
You can get it from microsoft directly if you have a non-OEM key.
>>
>>56231285
qBittorrent
>>
>>56232557
is there a specific one?
>>
>>56232083
>Disable javascript for the page

Already done genius..Thanks for the complete lack of effort
>>
>>56232902
T and W series are a good start, T530 is a very good option
>>
>>56230377
Hi. I use NordVPN but when I try to launch client on new laptop (ASUS WIndows 10, previously single-language Home version now upgraded to Pro) I get a bunch of error messages like:

>Customized cultures cannot be passed by LCID, only by name.

>at System.Globalization.CompareInfo.GetCompareInfoWithPrefixedLcid(Int32 cultureKey, Int32 prefix)
>at System.Globalization.CultureInfo.get_CompareInfo()
>at System.Collections.Comparer..ctor(CultureInfo culture)
>at System.Collections.Comparer..cctor()

>The type initializer for 'System.Collections.Comparer' threw an exception.

at System.Array.Sort(Array keys, Array items, Int32 index, Int32 length, IComparer comparer)
at System.Collections.ArrayList.Sort(Int32 index, Int32 count, IComparer comparer)
at System.Text.RegularExpressions.RegexCharClass.Canonicalize()
at System.Text.RegularExpressions.RegexCharClass.ToStringClass()
at System.Text.RegularExpressions.RegexParser.ScanRegex()
at System.Text.RegularExpressions.RegexParser.Parse(String re, RegexOptions op)
at System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex..ctor(String pattern, RegexOptions options, Boolean useCache)
at NordVPN_Client.Code.Helpers.InputPaternHelper..ctor(String[] paterns, String final)
at NordVPN_Client.Windows.UserControls.SettingsControl..ctor()

and
>Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

Plz halp
>>
>>56232839
why did whoever made that put a Tixati icon with a pone in it?
>>
>>56232839
>it will work on any copy of 7, but for the sake of cleaning out malware you should really download a clean copy of windows

will this delete all of my files? and if this is a consistent thing that will happen to not using a genuine version of windows then I think I might just buy it if there isn't a permanent fix.
>>
I'm having trouble backing up my harddrive for the first time. Whenever I go to backup drive in control panel and click "Back up now" all it does is give me an error in the bottom right corner of the screen saying "Check your backup, the last backup did not complete successfully, click here to troubleshoot."
>>
Can I make an iso that has Arch Linux with a desktop environment already on it that I can then install onto a flash drive with persistent storage? And if so, how?
>>
is there a /g/ approved SQL book?
>>
My Alienware I bought a long time ago shit out (also a long time ago) and I was never able to fix it in any way and Dell wouldn't honor the warranty.

I want to learn more about computers so I thought I'd crack it open and attempt repairs, but where do I start. There are wires going every which way looping around metal compartments and plastic cabinets and whatnot.

These "how to build a PC" things are fine if you have the case in question and supplies (i guess) but how do I fix my situation? What do all the cords mean? If you guys could just give me some kind of beginners guide so I can finally get my hands dirty...
>>
>>56232083
Is there much trouble with other hardware or wangblows if I only replace the mobo? I assume I should download a new mobos drivers?
>>
mp3 320 or aac 256?
what are the pros and cons of each?
>>
>>56230377
Why is Gentoo so amazing?
>>
File: 1464888717363.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1464888717363.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>56232659
The .iso does not need to be bought. What you pay for is a license key to use Microsoft's operating system. According to Microsoft EULA you don't actually own the operating system. If you want to own it, you pirate it. If you ever lurked in speccy threads you would see the majority of Windows 7 is Ultimate, Windows 8.1 is mostly Pro, and 10 is a mix between Pro and Enterprise. You can bet your ass most of the OS being shown off are pirated. Pic related, an 8.1 desktop.
>>
>>56233158
Not him but I tried to reinstall Windows 7 on my laptop and it wouldn't let me reinstall because my key was OEM.

Well yeah no shit it is I wouldn't pay money for Windows itself but why does that mean I can't install it?

I literally have the rights to this product and I can't use it. Its so fucked.
>>
>>56233036
Yeah it will delete what's on there, so back everything up first. It's not that hard really. You only had this problem because you used a shitty crack. The one that's linked will never have any problems.
>>
File: Microsoft Windows again.jpg (501KB, 1121x1123px) Image search: [Google]
Microsoft Windows again.jpg
501KB, 1121x1123px
>>56233036
clean install/reformat = wipe out previous data
back your important shit up on an external drive if you're so nervous

>>56233108
use actual backup software, not windows shit

>>56233134
pcpartpicker.com has a built-in compatibility guide not to mention complete builds by users bragging about their shit, also search for pc assembly threads on jewtube to get familiar with current pc parts

>>56233152
because it's so liberating
>>
>>56233183
Install it without a key and then try the third tool on this page

https://www.raymond.cc/blog/backup-and-restore-vista-oem-activation-license/

if that doesn't work use daz to pirate it
>>
What is the lightest windows OS: 7, 8.1 or 10
>>
Is my computer dying?

Maybe 10 minutes ago it rebooted itself. Turned out without warning, then came right back on.

Now four minutes ago it does it again. And if it keeps on this pace it'll do it within the next minute.

What could be going wrong here?
>>
>>56233204
Equal
>>
>>56233158
Is that Windows 7 or 10?
>>
>>56233192
>use actual backup software, not windows shit

what would you recommend? also, I'm using an SSD and an HDD with my computer. How do I backup both things and save it as one backup?
>>
>>56233183
>Not him but I tried to reinstall Windows 7 on my laptop and it wouldn't let me reinstall because my key was OEM.
use this to activate
http://www81.zippyshare.com/v/kHbhIrV4/file.html

You can install it, you just won't have activated status, so pirate it.
>>
>>56233208
Dying PSU maybe
>>
>>56233183
I read online that you can use the product key only if you uninstall windows from the laptop the OEM key is from. Also, you must activate by telephone. Let me know if you try this and post results
>>
>>56233208
Sounds like a PSU problem.
>>
>>56233234
>>56233255

Another problem I've had occasionally is it not turning on. The indicator lights on the mobo will be off. The only fix for it is to hook up another PSU to the 24-pin connector. Plug that in, turn the mains switch on and all the lights go up. Then I switch my regular PSU back in and it works perfectly.

Do you think these could be connected?
>>
>>56233227
That's a riced 8.1 desktop

>>56233229
acronis
>>
Why is there so much hate towards 8.1?
>>
>>56233261
what fucking PSU did you get? some non-modular shit?
>>
>>56232988
>t530
are they only 500 when refurbished

anyone any other ideas on a good laptop under 500?
I need your help!!!!!!!!!!!!11
>>
Would I have issues doing RAID 0 with a Samsung 1TB PRO and a 1TB EVO? The Pro is 1024GB and the EVO is 1000GB.

Also before anyone tells me I know RAID 0 SSDs are stupid for most situations but I need to do this to transfer files off and on quickly.
>>
>>56233306

I think it's called a TX850M
>>
>>56233297
mobile touch screen frankensteined GUI
Microsoft should never have tried to unify the GUI across their devices
>>
>>56233273
Forgot to mention I am doing this in python
>>
>>56233261
Yeah that is definitely a PSU problem.
>>
Should I get a 750 Ti for 50 dollars from a friend (He's only had it for 6 months, bought it new)

Or should I spend 110ish dollars on an RX 460?

I don't game much, I just want multi-monitor and to be able to play CSGO and L4D2
>>
>>56233355
If you need a graphics card at all go for the 460.
>>
File: PC - capacitor beheaded.jpg (101KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
PC - capacitor beheaded.jpg
101KB, 960x720px
>>56233323
>Corsair
Fuuuuuck that
they don't make their own shit they rebrand it, known fact
Seasonic or superflower rebrands go
that tx750m is not seasonic rebrand
you fucked up
>>
>>56233318
Help pls!

got 500 need a good laptop

not for gaming, small screen, idc
>>
First of all, I'm stuck with Comcast as an ISP, nobody else covers me (first mistake).

I play counter strike (which sends 128 ticks per second to the server) and am having latency issues. My ping is acceptable in theory, but I lose 2% of packets and the variance between what my computer and the server think is happening is a few milliseconds. That wouldn't be a big deal in a MOBA but in CS you'll get fucked and can barely control where you're aiming, moving et cetera.

I'm using the default shitty 2 in 1 router-modem combo, should I switch to my tomato router, even though the issue is with my local node being overloaded? Will it help at all? I haven't felt like dealing with Xfinity in a while which is why I haven't tried it yet.

TLDR how fix comcast overloaded nodes other than FCC complaints every day
>>
>>56233323
and before I forget
https://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/psu_manufacturers
ctrl+f Corsair
>>
>>56233355
460 will be better but the 750 ti will handle csgo and l4d2 just fine
>>
>>56233382
Thinkpad. Check out /tpg/ and read the OP.
I got a W520 for 350 and it's pretty nice.
>>
>>56233382
Buy the refurb thinkpad or be less poor.
>>
File: thinkpad floral PC desktop.png (660KB, 768x1366px) Image search: [Google]
thinkpad floral PC desktop.png
660KB, 768x1366px
>>56233382
You already got your answer, start looking properly.
>>
>>56233336

Hm well that's better than it being my motherboard like I feared (it's a six year old mobo and a four year old PSU).

Can you recommend a replacement?
>>
>>56230692
just buy a powerbar with a switch
>>
plz help
I have installed a program on linux mint 18 via the software center.
it doesn't appear in the main menu search, in /usr/bin, when I alft+f2 with the name of the program, or in the terminal.

I have reinstalled it, still no luck.

wtf is going on. other programs always worked.
>>
Has the Anniversary update stopped breaking Windows 10 systems yet?

I kind of want the Messaging on Desktop from my Android phone.

But I don't want it to break.

Also does anyone know if it will work with an MBR and Truecrypt like I have setup?
>>
>>56233383
You don't have internet issues. Spend more time on aim maps.
>>
>>56233383
The 2in1 is called a gateway, and nothing you do is probably going to make any difference. Just make sure your ports are open and you're using a wired connection and then curse the fates.
>>
Help whenever I try to backup my computer I get Error Code: 0x81000031

and the fix for it on the microsoft didn't work. What do I do?
>>
>>56233294
>acronis

got anything else that is free? That's why I'd rather use the windows backup recovery
>>
>>56233413
>typing on the OSK with the stylus pen
why?
>>
>>56233413
>>56233399
>>56233407
gents, just seeing it sold out or refurbished.

should I go refurbished?
should I go for the w520?
>>
>>56233422
under desk mount without a mess hanging around, so the button has to be somewhat small and power plugs have to be a bit further away. i've already used wireless remote options and other shit that I didn't really like. probably just autistic.
>>
File: 1467257688865.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1467257688865.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>56233456
well there's AOMEI Backupper
>>
>>56230824
give a man a 0day, he'll eat for a day.

Teach a man to phish, he'll eat forever.
>>
File: Linux Logos -g- desktop.png (46KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
Linux Logos -g- desktop.png
46KB, 1440x900px
>>56233463
>not using two pens at once chopsticks style
what are you, American?
>>
>>56232935
Fuck off and be happy you even got a reply you insufferable asswipe.
>>
Can't find any torrents for windows 8.1 Went on their website but that shit takes 12 hours to download. ANy suggestions? windowsiso is also down; i get a 403 error
>>
>>56232935
Have you considered killing yourself you ungrateful son of a bitch?
>>
>>56233464
looks solid enough
>>
>>56233431
B+ on ESEA.
>>56233439
Thanks, I figured I'm dicked for the time being.
>>
>>56233204
10=8.1<7

>>56233220
Idiot
>>
File: 1462903899475.jpg (8KB, 316x202px) Image search: [Google]
1462903899475.jpg
8KB, 316x202px
How do I access PEAP authentication on Mint? Posting in /fgl/ too
>>
I'm trying to wipe the HDD of an old laptop to sell. I've installed DBAN to a Live USB with PowerISO, and made sure that the laptop's order starts at USB Key. Despite this, the boot order skips the flash drive entirely and boots to the HDD OS.

Any clues?
>>
File: SS_2016-08-23_23.png (85KB, 1296x1024px) Image search: [Google]
SS_2016-08-23_23.png
85KB, 1296x1024px
>>56233507
>Can't find any torrents for windows 8.1
>>
>>56233561
Boot to USB in BIOS
>>
>>56233444
Stop using shitty microsoft backup.

>>56233456
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/List_of_recommended_Windows_software#File_syncing_tools

Or macrium reflect
>>
>>56233561
>old laptop
>>
>>56233563
If you can't find an unmodified copy with a matching checksum there's no point even downloading.
>>
>>56233607
then use the 8.1 media creation tool microsoft gives you on the official site
>>
>>56233576
>>56233478
so I'm unsure about what backups do exactly. If I were to completely install a new clean version of windows wouldn't that erase everything including the software used for the backup? and how would I restore my computer to it's original form afterwards if the software is erased?

Also, what is the difference between backing up your computer and cloning it?
>>
>>56233575
I've looked through the whole BIOS and I can't find anything that will directly boot. Seems all I can do is change the load order.

>>56233591
its pretty old my man
>>
>>56233625
You can only use that if you have a legit non oem key, and OP already mentioned having problems downloading that way.
>>
>>56233518
>>56233399
>>56233407
>>56233413
Fellas

what do you think of this?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA7RB3S84847

and what is ht edeal witht hese SSD hard drives?
these are the new fad instead of large storage hard drives?

should I stay way from these?
>>
I need a laptop for university. Considering I already have a decent computer and this will just be taken to lectures and the like, should I buy a memepad or a chromebook?
If you could recommend specific models I'd appreciate that.
>>
>>56233648
>You can only use that if you have a legit non oem key
No you don't, use the MSToolkit activator.
>>
File: 51ZsP1ZFLiL._SL1000_.jpg (34KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
51ZsP1ZFLiL._SL1000_.jpg
34KB, 1000x1000px
Anyone knows where you can get 2.5mm flex microphones like this ? Literally any search close to what im talking about results either in flex 3.5mm or 2.5mm cable microphone.
>>
>>56233649
You can swing your thinkpad at a jew and not worry about your storage space getting fucked up because SSDs have no moving mechanical parts compared to an HDD.
>>
>>56233426
What program? Not all of them have a gui to access
>>
>>56233626
There are different kinds of backups. The word just means to make a fallback copy of something on a second storage medium. The simplest method is to just back up your files, assuming you have a means of restoring your OS. Something like macruim would allow you to backup your entire drive to an external, including your OS. Then you would be able to restore it using a macrium recovery disk that boots from a windows PE copy and doesn't require a working OS on your main drive. If you've got a lot of space on your external, you might as well do that, and then make incremental backups of your files in case you run into trouble.
>>
>>56233685
man that looks like a doorstop
>>
>>56233670
We're talking about GETTING the ISO, not activating it. You can't use the media creator without a qualifying key.
>>
>>56233713
do you know any doorstops with 2.5mm jacks ?
>>
>>56233641
Yeah, my built my system in 2010, i dont have that option, i had the latest mobo on the market
>>
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814126103

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814126116

I know that both of these cards have different core/boost clocks, but does that not matter when manually OC'ing either of them? Do they both have the same maximum clock? For that matter, do all 1080 cards have the same overclocking ability (assuming thermals weren't an issue)?
>>
File: 1471541245752.png (127KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1471541245752.png
127KB, 500x333px
I have an AOC i2367Fh and I just tried overclocking it's refresh rate, something I've never tried before. I'm in the market for a 144Hz monitor and I figured I'd try and get some higher refresh rates out of the one I have to get a better idea of what 144Hz might be like.

Anyway, I pushed my monitor to 75Hz and there has not been a single issue but anywhere above that (80Hz and 100Hz are what I tried) starts giving me a ton of funky artifacts.

Like I said I'm new to overclocking monitors and all I did was change the Refresh Rate in the AMD settings, I didn't touch anything else. Is there something I can do to push to a higher refresh rate and get rid of artifacts, or is 75Hz just the hard limit for this monitor.

With GPU overclocking I can push more power to the GPU to deal with higher clocks, just wondering if there is something similar for monitors.
>>
What's the best browser?
>>
>>56233755
Oh, sorry I didn't understand your first post. You think I won't be able to boot from USB because it's so outdated?

But the BIOS has it as an option
>checkmate athiests
>>
>>56233768
IE11
>>
File: SS_2016-08-23_50.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
SS_2016-08-23_50.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>56233726
You're doing it wrong then.
>>
>>56233768
Chrome, sadly. It has the best compatibility with websites by far, and while being a resource hog it runs much faster than Firefox (which is also a resource hog anyways)
>>
>>56233731
no but I could make one and sell it to you for tree fiddy
>>
>>56233768
Various firefox forks
>>
>>56233855
ill just use hot glue to hold the door open
>>
Is Mr Robot a realistic approach of hackers?
>>
File: this is a linux desktop.webm (1MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
this is a linux desktop.webm
1MB, 1920x1200px
>>56233874
not even close
>>
File: topmenu-xfce-gtk2[1].png (283KB, 1345x856px) Image search: [Google]
topmenu-xfce-gtk2[1].png
283KB, 1345x856px
why do many DEs have their bar at the top by default?

That just seems really impractical when you want to want to access the controls of a window, its file dialog or similar things, which are normally designed to be the top most things on your screen.

2 bars, one top and bottom makes even less sense
>>
>>56233874
No.
>>
>>56233898
>why do many DEs have their bar at the top by default?
Ask Apple why they do it that way too. It's traditional at this point.
>>
>>56233847
Why do people shit on it then
>>
I need an image viewer that works well with tiling
>>
>>56233898
Because it just makes sense.
>>
>>56233844
Nevermind. I was thinking of windows 7. Didn't realize that 8.1 was like 10.
>>
>>56233926
Windows? Honeyview with modded GUI of choice
>>
>>56233926
*tiling window managers
>>
>>56233926
xmonad and stumpwm do it pretty well
>>
>>56233944
>those repeating numerical digits
Yeah, they completely removed 7, and to get 7 you need to rely on the digitalriver mirror site.
>>
>>56233925
Privacy reasons, it's owned by Google, closed source, and is full of shit that tracks your internet usage in order to build an "advertising profile" and make money.

Firefox is your best bet for privacy, Chrome for usability. It's up to you which is more important.

Chromium exists which is more private than Chrome, but it's unstable and has compatibility issues.
>>
>>56233963
They didn't COMPLETELY remove 7, it's just most people don't have a retail key to get at it.
>>
>>56233980
Chromium is only a valid option on linux. The windows version has no auto update whatsoever.
>>
How did you get your windows to look like that? You have a nice desktop
>>
What is the best OS to use on a 4GB flash drive?
>>
>>56234029
That too. It's flash support is abysmal too, which sadly is still important.
>>
>>56234044
gentoo
>>
How do I activate windows 10? I did an upgrade from 7 and I'm not getting anything
>>
>>56234056
It should be automatic. Does it say it's not activated or what?
>>
>>56233844
How did you get your desktop to look like that? Yours looks nice
>>
File: USB-type-A-and-B.jpg (47KB, 430x293px) Image search: [Google]
USB-type-A-and-B.jpg
47KB, 430x293px
Why do printers still use Type B USB ports?
>>
>>56234075
Getting an error message saying the server blocked the key.

Windows 7 was cracked too, do I need to buy a key?
>>
File: the-wire-tommy-carcetti[1].jpg (202KB, 600x440px) Image search: [Google]
the-wire-tommy-carcetti[1].jpg
202KB, 600x440px
I'm about get rid of Windows 10 to install Lubuntu on my shitty laptop. I've tried it on a VM before and I liked it. From what I understand I can install pretty much everything I need using APT and it doesn't have bloat and retarded window manager that regular Ubuntu uses. As someone who has never used Linux before should I go with it or choose another distro?
>>
Whats the best UMX player for Windows?
>>
>>56234107
Since you pirated go find MSToolkit.
>>
>>56234098
"The two types of plugs have the same number of pins, and are electrically identical. They are only different mechanically. This was an intentional feature designed by the USB Implementers Forum to prevent connecting a host to another host, which could cause a short circuit."

source: digital.ni.com
>>
>>56234109
AIMP3
>>
>>56234108
lubuntu is fine
>>
File: gentoo is kawaii.png (2MB, 3600x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gentoo is kawaii.png
2MB, 3600x1080px
>>56234096
nanami-tan.info
>>
Can I run WIndows on linux using vmware and play vidya on it
>>
Can a 2x8pin GPU get more voltage pumped into it while OCing than a 8+6 pin version of the same card?
>>
File: gnu linux and windows - PC.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
gnu linux and windows - PC.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>56234216
Yes, but you can also do this and have almost no performance loss.
>>
>>56233158
I hope you're still lurking. How did you get your desktop to look that nice?
>>
>>56234216
If you have a visualization front in your CPU, yeah
>>
>>56234098
Retardproof ports.
>>
I know Firefox is a resource hog, but I like it for other reasons.

Now, with that said, what kind of hardware specs (RAM, processor, etc.) should I get to make it run smoothly? Serious question. Even if I have to have unrealistic amounts of memory, I would actually like an objective answer to this, please.
>>
>>56234107
Only way that the upgrade would be free and legit now that the year is up is if you activated with the accessibility update. You could still downgrade back to 7 then upgrade that way.
>>
>>56234266
A High end/M2 SSD and 8-16GB RAM.
>>
>>56234266
Mozilla's Firefox is fucked and doesn't run well anymore
>>
>>56234266
>what kind of hardware specs
more like what kind of about:config you should have set up
remove FF's retarded features
>>
>>56234108
Lubuntu is good because it's light on system resources. If you want to go super comfy at the expense of a little more ram, go with kubuntu
>>
>>56234266

That's not how RAM works.

If you have more than it consumes then you're fine.

If it consumes more than you have then your whole computer is going to lock up.

I have 12GB of RAM and right now Firefox is using about 500mb.

When I leave it open for a long time (aka days on end) then the RAM usage goes up over a gig.
>>
>>56234230
What Virtualisation software are they using here?
>>
>>56233561
Your BIOS battery is dead.
>>
A partition on my harddrive went from NTFS to RAW.

Any good programs to restore the partition or at least specific files?
>>
>>56233297
Tablet OS.
Other than that it is good.
>>
>>56234297
fucking FF memory leaks

>>56234302
that is a gpu passthrough
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37D2bRsthfI
>>
>>56234302
KVM
>>
File: 373.gif (107KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
373.gif
107KB, 480x270px
>>56234280
That's just, like, your opinion man.
>>
How can I make a bootable clone of windows on a partition of a second hard drive, so that it's completely detached from my main hard drive? I tried this once before, but a failure of the second hard drive caused the first installation to fail to boot

>>56234306
not sure about the partition, but try testdisk? it might be overkill for your purposes though. is the hard drive failing? if maybe, you may want to create a copy of the drive (ddrescue is an option) before attempting any recovery
>>
>>56234273
So even if I buy an activation key, it still wouldn't activate 10, meaning I'd have to buy a legit verison?
>>
>>56234306
on looking it up again, it seems that testdisk might be able to recover partitions. check that out. but make sure that your hard drive isn't failing before you fuck around
>>
File: Capture.png (203KB, 2559x1385px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
203KB, 2559x1385px
So I downloaded macrium reflect like an anon recommended but now I have no idea how backing up works. Do I need to clone the disk or image the disk? and do I need to do it to all of my drives or just one?
>>
What are the chances of RMAing a PC component and getting it replaced, or rejected?

RAM in this case.

Or possibly the Motherboard, if the RAM ends up not actually being faulty.
>>
>>56234353
>How can I make a bootable clone of windows on a partition of a second hard drive, so that it's completely detached from my main hard drive?
You're not making much sense. The clone is on a 2nd drive, so it won't even conflict with your 1st drive unless you fuck up the boot order in bios.
>>
>>56234365
>>56234353
I had already tried testdisk, but it didn't seem to do anything.
I'm gonna retry though, since I think it might be because I fucked up the last step (said the partition was logical when it was primary).

Thanks for the idea of using dd first
>>
>>56233767
B-Bump.
>>
>>56234394
no, seriously. I had installations on two disks. the second disk failed, and then I could no longer boot to the first disk, even explicitly selecting it and leaving it as the only disk attached.

>>56234396
i was in the process of using ddrescue myself (if you do this, make sure it's gnu ddrescue)
>>
>>56234382
Depends on who makes it.
I had 4 dimms die on me, and gskill had an rma for it later that day, they also sent me a copy of the ram i had so i could have no downtime. Just sent it back in the box they shipped and put the rma postage on.
10/10 gskil
>>
>>56234378
Read the documentation.

http://knowledgebase.macrium.com/display/KNOW/Backup,+imaging+and+cloning
>>
>>56234431
75Hz is the limit, do any more and you kill that monitor.
>>
Recently got a Moto X Style/Pure
Won't connect to my PC
what do?
>>
>>56232042
>fucking with setting on windows

Its not linix idiot. Fucking with te settings on any windows os is just asking to fuck your shit up. You should just reset your pc back to factory settings that way you can get back all the progams im sure you deleted to make your pc """"faster""""
>>
>>56234472
settings>storage>menu button>usb connection>MTP
>>
File: batman.jpg (144KB, 1440x1406px) Image search: [Google]
batman.jpg
144KB, 1440x1406px
is there any harm in my wifi device being extremely close to the wireless router?
>>
are computer chair mats a meme?
I'm on carpet and my mat I have right now is fucked up but I really don't feel like spending $25 on a new one
>>
what's the consensus on play on linux/wine vs a GPU passthrough in a VM with windows for the BEST gaming performance?
>>
>>56234521
It's a pain ins the ass to get going and some graphics cards don't like being ina virtual machine
>>
>>56234305
Dang. Ok so if I can't liveUSB my hard drive into oblivion, are there any reliable alternatives?
>>
>>56232391
But doesn't win8 install like 10x the bloat/crapware then win7?

Askin for a friend
>>
>>56234521
Wine is good for old games.
GPU passthrough is great for everything else. You're not going to see AAA unoptimized bullshit like the new Deus Ex end up with a day 1 linux release, the lazy faggot developers consider that too much work for little shekels.
>>
>>56234493
No, but your signal will ironically suck ass.
>>
Does heating a wifi antenna degrade its ability to receive signals?

My wireless card has been spotty for a few years now. It randomly disconnects and to get it to reconnect I usually need to adjust the antennas. The problem is not the router as my other devices (phone/laptop) always connect fine when my main PC is down. My wireless card is in the top PCIe 1x slot right above the graphics card (Gigabyte GTX 970) and the antenna is near the rear 120mm case fan. A good amount of heat leaves that area, mostly from the CPU and probably some ambient heat caused by the GPU as well.

I'm wondering if having the higher temps near the antenna reduces its performance? That local area near that fan probably maintains about 30C or so.
>>
>>56234549
i mean, you can consider the whole metro or whatever the fuck it's called as bloatware, but it can be useful at times and it feels pretty much exactly like 7
>>
I have the option of downloading the WIndows 8.1 ISO from their website or from a torrent that comes with the ISO and an activator.
Which one should I get?
What's the activator?
>>
File: 1468789495656.jpg (27KB, 480x439px) Image search: [Google]
1468789495656.jpg
27KB, 480x439px
What are some good VPNs? How does one go about setting a VPN up?
>>
>>56234577
official website is obviously the safest
get mstoolkit from digitallife
>>
>>56234484
Don't think that path type exists, at least it doesn't show up for me. I've been able to change the usb configuration from the developer tools. But still won't connect.
>>
>>56231838
It was nice for me, the only problem is that with its end-to-end encryption you need to find someone who's willing to put in the effort of decrypting your emails. Most people I talk to are either sketched out when I tell them they need to input the key, or they straight up ignore me as spam or something. It's a fine email provider otherwise though. Plus you get a cool URL for your address
>>
Do i need a home partition when i install arch? i just have a root,boot and swap partitons.
>>
File: veWJ4ae.jpg (335KB, 1047x1488px) Image search: [Google]
veWJ4ae.jpg
335KB, 1047x1488px
Is there a simple way to change the volume of individual programs (like in the mixer) but with keyboard shortcuts?
Since Spotify is lacking basic fucking global shortcuts I gathered that this would be the easiest way to remedy that.
>>
If I download a Windows ISO from the microsoft website, does this mean I'm free to use it, or am I going to have to activate it. Can I use it without activating anything?
>>
Why if we call 1920x1080 "1080p", and 1280x720 "720p", why do we call it 4K if it's only 3840x2160? Shouldn't it be 2K?
>>
>>56234683
You can use it for 30 days without activation
>>
>>56234683
u can use it forever, but you'll have to deal with a limit on function and constant requests to register
>>
>>56231838
Need context.

>>56232157
Wait, it might take time to process.

>>56232482
Stop stealing laptops.

>>56233667
Memepad, a 13-inch one.

>>56234108
Xubuntu is also lightweight and looks a little better than Lubuntu.

>>56234512
Yes.

>>56234683
You will have to enter the product key before downloading it. There are places you can torrent the iso from without entering a key, but you will need to enter the key eventually to get all the features.
>>
>>56234560
Actually maybe I answered my own question, taking the side off and sticking my multimeter temp probe close to the wireless card I'm measuring about 37C and the max operating temperature specified for my device is 40C. Under any kind of load I'm sure it's 40C in there easily. Really doesn't help that my CPU cooler is basically blowing right over the wireless card PCB. Thermal noise is probably compromising the signal integrity. I will definitely have to rearrange things and maybe get a new wireless card too.
>>
>>56234714
no because it's 2k but it's 2 times more than 1080 so 2x2 is 4 as a result 4k
>>
>>56234746
>You will have to enter the product key before downloading it.
Nope.
>>
>>56234364
If you're willing to buy a key you can activate any version at any time, baring enterprise/education versions.
>>
File: GB-GTX950-WF2Xx.jpg (139KB, 1200x968px) Image search: [Google]
GB-GTX950-WF2Xx.jpg
139KB, 1200x968px
Which GTX 950 should I get? Gigabyte, EVGA, MSI, etc?
>>
>>56234469
Shame, alright. Thanks.
>>
>>56234811
EVGA is the company that often people report as the one with better customer support, if that helps.
>>
is there any harm in plastering my pc case with sound dampening material as long as my temps are fine?
>>
>>56234108
you can probably use xubuntu too, on boot up without opening anything mine is only using like 400mb of ram
>>
>>56234746
What are these features?
>>
>>56234838
make sure it's well ventilated and shit doesn't touch important components
>>
Headphone/Speaker port on my mobo isn't working anymore; can i just get a usb to 3.5mm?
>>
>>56234811
go for a 690
>>
File: win7.png (9KB, 680x285px) Image search: [Google]
win7.png
9KB, 680x285px
>>56234774
Not for Windows 10, but for all others you do.

>>56234858
Actually, I think it's just a 30 day trial.
>>
>>56234953
That's Windows 7. 8.1, you don't need to. 8.1 has it's own media creation tool.
>>
>>56234434
>>56234434

Having a clone co-exist is a little more complex than you would expect. Usually using a smart program like macrium will help as long as you don't try running them at the same time. Windows isn't built to do that, so the OS on one install will tend to reference the other one based on the id of your original C drive's partition. If macruim doesn't help I'd get gud with easybcd and merge your boot files with the c drive so you don't need the system reserved partition, then delete that. Then clone clone C with something like macrium, then use easybcd to change the clone's bcd to boot itself. Then boot the clone without the other drive a couple of times so it can realize it's living on a new "C". Occasionally you have to edit the registry but usually not.

>>56234378
Image everything on disk 1, save it to somewhere on your D drive.

>>56234583
If you're just torrenting get Private Internet Access. Don't do anything else while it's connected and you should be fine.

>>56234953
Not for 8.1 either.
>>
>>56234978
>If you're just torrenting get Private Internet Access. Don't do anything else while it's connected and you should be fine.
I purchased a month of NordVPN yesterday just to try it out, any thoughts on it? I'm looking into Private Internet Access right now, thank you friend
>>
>>56235073
If you're only torrrenting pretty much anything that doesn't expressly forbid pirating should be fine. If you want to get more elaborate torrentfreak puts out an annual list.

https://torrentfreak.com/vpn-anonymous-review-160220/
>>
File: 1421448787674.png (706KB, 970x650px) Image search: [Google]
1421448787674.png
706KB, 970x650px
>>56235129
Thank you for being so helpful!
>>
how do i set zsh as default shell in urxvt on awesome
>>
File: 3305_zzz_500.jpg (92KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
3305_zzz_500.jpg
92KB, 1200x1200px
Is it safe to use an ultrasonic cleaner like this to clean glasses? Been doing it like every week or two on mine and I don't mind too much if they get ruin since they're old and starting to yellow around the edges (what I get for going to a cheaper shop to get them thinking I was getting a bargain) and I'm going to replace them soon anyway, but obviously I don't want to fuck up the new pair doing something I shouldn't.
>>
I got an old android phone laying around I want to use to block ads on my home network
How do I go about doing that
>>
is there a program that controls CPU fan speed that isnt speedfan? Ive used it for months but now my computer crashes every time I open the software even after reinstalling it. Ive tried tinkering with BIOs settings but even with the setting on the lowest allowed it can still get unbearably loud. Also I have no issue with CPU temps and they never climb above 45-50 even with the fan speed tuned down
>>
>>56235282
Ignore the phone
install ublock or adaway on everything
profit.
>>
>>56235282
What you're trying to do is hard to pull off period, even with ideal hardware. The best shot you would have is probably to install the untangle firewall and adblock filter on an old dedicated computer and connect that inline with your router so it filters network traffic. But it will still probably introduce some latency. Wouldn't bother unless you just feel like messing around for a weekend.
>>
File: Capture.png (11KB, 1411x164px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
11KB, 1411x164px
>>56234978
>Image everything on disk 1, save it to somewhere on your D drive.

Okay so I think I did everything right and now I have this saved on my D drive. Is everything all backed up and am I save to reinstall a clean version of windows without deleting everything?
>>
>>56235228
Should be extremely safe considering ultrasonic machines are used to cure water damaged PCB/motherboards for phones which have way more complicated parts compared to glasses. Just make sure you don't use an extremely volatile liquid (alcohol) so I does not destroy the coating on the glass lens. Maybe water + dish soap.
>>
File: 1399319813532.jpg (1MB, 2400x2400px) Image search: [Google]
1399319813532.jpg
1MB, 2400x2400px
I have a friend going through a rough time and I want to give him an extra computer that I have for college to help him out (his is junk).

It's an old Dell XPS (Intel QX6700 ,550TI).

My question is: Is it safe to give him the computer with the stock watercooling loop?

Is there any way to tell if it's going to fail?

I don't want to give my friend a gift only to have the loop blow up and ruin it.

Thank you for your time
>>
I remember seeing a Microsoft Surface variant that was well under $1000 that would be perfect for university note taking. Anyone know which one it might have been? Only ones I can find are upwards of $1500.
>>
>>56234512
If you really need to move for productive purposes, then yes you need it for carpet.
If you're just a fatass lazy shit, no you dont
>>
>>56235531
I was hoping to make it a dns server. It has an arm processor so I might try to install linux on it.
>>56235350
I want to set it up at my mom's house for her ipad
>>
>>56235711
>utorrent:stalled
>qbittorrent:stalled
>deluge:stalled
>transmission:stalled
>rtorrent:stalled

Why in the fuck cant i download a torrent with 1k+ seeds and peers?
>>
>>56235632
if you are asking this, you prolly didn't take care of it. so there's prolly sludge rather than water in the lines.
go to linus tech tips yt channel and search water cooled for more info than anyone here cares to type out

m suggestion is turn of OC and stick in old heatsink forget the wc meme
>>
I just installed a specific driver for my mouse but I think I told it to install twice and when it tried to install the second time there was an error and now my mouse pointer doesn't move. I can see that the infrared light is on, though and I tried Safe Mode but it didn't work there either. Any ideas on how to fix this? Looking through Google, all the instructions on troubleshooting requires a mouse.
>>
>>56235711
Running a dns server over a wireless connection sounds like a recipe for super unreliable internet. I'd say at a minimum you want a pi.
>>
>>56232482
format and reinstall osx, jamal
>>
>>56235807
Alright, which pi should I go for?
>>
File: file.png (301KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
301KB, 600x400px
Why did single-slot GPUs go from omni-present to a such a specialized rarity?
>>
>>56234659
if you don't make a home partition your home folder will be under your / partition

So no you don't but I would suggest it (makes it easier to swap distros or repair system files)
>>
>>56235851
GPUs needed more power, so they needed better cooling, so they made them bigger, so motherboards were designed to accommodate them, so everyone makes double slot GPUs.
>>
File: image.png (46KB, 222x185px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
46KB, 222x185px
>charge up old android phone to download music on since using memephone as current phone

>it keeps docking and undocking itself in airplane mode

>afraid to sign into account to download music apps.

What do? Download VG music from KHinsider until then?
>>
>>56235825
3 B
Getting a heat sink is recommended
>>
>>56235546
I think you're a little bit confused here. The purpose of imaging your drive is so you have the option to make your computer return to exactly the way it is today. So if you install a new copy of windows, then restore the backup, the new copy of windows will disappear as if you'd never changed anything. There is a way to mount the backup and extract individual files from it,

http://www.howtogeek.com/226436/how-to-mount-a-macrium-reflect-backup-image-to-retrieve-files/

but I think you would have an easier time just manually copying and pasting individual files to that D drive and back again.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-08-23-20-41-46.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-08-23-20-41-46.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
Just finished my new build but i found this usb port is a bit bent it works fine but should i be worried?
>>
I am using qphotorec to recover a bunch of files off a dead hdd.

I accidentally closed the window, but the process is still going and still recovering.

How do I reopen the window to view the recovery progress?

Reopening qphotorec just starts a new process.
>>
>>56235825
Would expect it to work on any of them

https://pi-hole.net/
>>
What's a good good way price some electronics? Using the prices for the same products on eBay seems to high for people I try to sell to.
>>
>>56235927
If it works, not really
You might be able to get a partial refund or something if you feel like going through the effort
>>
>>56235912
Basically my problem is this, I installed windows 7 using KMSpico and everything was working fine, and my computer recognized my version of windows as genuine. Now all of a sudden my computer has stopped thinking that and has reverted back to saying my copy of windows I have installed is not genuine, so I tried to use KMSpico again and it didn't work. a different anon in this thread told me I should try installing a clean version of windows and then it KMS should work for me. Now I'm worried about losing everything that I have on this computer if I do install a clean windows, so I want to make a backup that I can save all my files on and have my computer back to the way it was after I install windows again. Is there any way I can do this? or is there an easier fix to my issue about not having a genuine version of windows?
>>
>>56235997
>windows 7
>anything but daz loader
you fucked up
>>
Whatever happened to HD radio?

I still have stations(one) I listen to, but seemed like it had potential.
>>
Is it possible to pay an item monthly on Amazon? Let's say I want to get this phone for $300, can I pay $25 a month for it?
>>
>>56236058
Yes but that's what stupid poor people do.
Its okay to be poor but don't be stupid.
>>
>>56235997
if you create an image of your disk right now, it keeps that state like >>56235912 said, so if you restore that image (to, say, avoid reinstalling programs) you're going to be back with an unactivated copy. you might just be better off just copying any documents and things to the second drive, reinstalling, and then imaging the activated fresh install

>>56236021
>tfw been using kmspico for years
fugg

>>56234978
i'll look into macrium then. i supposed my problem might have been related to the system reserved partition.
>>
>>56236091
What do you mean stupid? Is it a bad idea to pay something monthly? I don't have money at the moment due to school and no customers.
>>
>>56235745
I just received the computer, I have no idea about the previous history. The closed loop cooler is stock from dell.
>>
>>56236091
It's only stupid if you have to pay interest.
>>
>>56236110
Because you pay interest. Unless its an absolute emergency you shouldn't be paying interest on a $300 purchase
>>
>>56235997
As far as cracks go just use daz. You can get it here

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/58464-Windows-Loader-Download

Just make a quick spoof account. That will work on 7 either way. The clean install is just if you want to remove any malware you may have acquired from shitty cracks. If you want to have your files survive the wipe just copy them away and then back again afterwards. Programs need to be reinstalled.
>>
>>56236123
Oh you mean there's no option / plan on Amazon that lets you pay monthly?

I looked around and found this but I don't know if it only applies to specific items or if this is for something else.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201643730
>>
>>56236124
I already have an account on MDL from downloading KMS and after I logged in it is still saying I need to log in to view this post.
>>
>>56236110
>don't have money
>buying new phones
unless you're a freelancer or something and you specifically need this phone for your job, sorry you're stupid
>>
File: for g.png (43KB, 924x979px) Image search: [Google]
for g.png
43KB, 924x979px
So this is less of a question and more of a request for help/guidance.

As of yesterday, I have officially cracked the ciphertext DRM that Scribd uses for protected documents in webview mode. (That is, if you go to any un-downloadable document and try copying/pasting some of the text, you'll get a bunch of ciphered gibberish.) The problem is that all of this text is in nested HTML classes within the webpage and I don't have an easy way to extract it.

I do know exactly where the text is and what they use (it's a jsonp URL that you can open), and combined with the cipher key I have, you could theoretically download and decrypt any Scribd document with their free trial option.

My problem is that I'm not much of a code monkey. I only took a crack at the cipher because it jumped out to me as an obvious one and I like puzzles like that. I have basically no knowledge about grabbing the text from those jsonp urls and then downloading it in order to run some basic python cipher script. Is there anyone who would be willing to offer some suggestions on this? I can show you everything I have thus far if you want to hang out in discord or whatever.

pic related; one of the URLs in the page source that contains a chunk of text
>>
File: jim.gif (2MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
jim.gif
2MB, 600x338px
Hey /g/, I have an old shitbox of a computer that I was thinking about upgrading and handing it off to my nephew. It's a Dell that has a Core 2 Duo in it, socket 775, and I was wondering if I could put something like a Core 2 Quad 9650 in it. Does CPU lithography have an impact if the socket type is the same?
>>
>>56236182
Niga, I can afford it next month, but I was thinking if I could get it before university starts next week. Plus I used the phone as an example since I didn't know if >>56236145 applied for any items.
>>
Should I stop worrying about catching oral herpes and have all the gay sex? Or hope to find another wizard who isn't thoroughly unpleasant to be around this time?
>>
>>56235965
Nah fuck that I'll just leave it as it is i hope it doesn't break tho it is going to be a pain in the ass to get that refound or replacement.
>>
In python, is this the best way to make sure the program doesn't crash if the user inserts a letter instead of a number?
while True:
try:
H = float(input("Input H: "))
except ValueError:
print("Insert a valid number.")
continue
else:
break
>>
>>56236154
Probably need to disable adblocker or something. At any rate you can use these torrents

>>
>>56236113
If its an aio cooler the coolant is not meant to be replaced.
>>
>>56236154
Just give me an email and ill send you a fucking pro key ffs.
>>
>>56236327
I think I might have fucked up big.

I installed and used Dazloader, but it installed a bunch of other programs and shit onto my computer too. Once I restarted my PC, It was still saying my version of windows is not genuine. Also my computer booted up a lot slower than usual. I'm using an SSD for my OS so it's usually fast but this was noticably slower. So Dazloader didn't even work, and now my google chrome is fucked up too. whenever I open up chrome the default start page is the result of a yahoo search searching the words "{searchterms}", and the ability to change the start screen is grayed out in my chrome settings. Also chrome is running a lot slower too, and these random video adds are popping up all over 4chan boards that i've never seen before, and they stay there even with adblocker on. posting all of this from my phone because captcha is also unavailable for me on chrome/4chan too. Could this be malware?
>>
>>56236460
>I installed and used Dazloader, but it installed a bunch of other programs and shit onto my computer too
you had one job
don't get daz anywhere else but the mdl forums
>>
>>56236497
so is my computer fucked? should I just nuke it?
>>
>>56236513

Yes probably, but before we go any farther, did you install daz from one of the sources we gave you, or did you google it?
>>
>>56236513
yes you fucked up
and you're too dumb to use the usual methods of malware removal
fucking nuke it and clean install
>>
Is it worth getting the Dell XPS 13 with the PCIe SSD?
>>
I have a g3258 that isn't stable at 4 GHz with 1.25v. Am I doing something wrong, or did I just lose the silicon lottery?
>>
>>56236513
Just back up your shit and do a clean install.
>>
>>56236538
1.25v aint shit
>>
>>56236538
Increase voltage to 1.28v and check stability again
>>
>>56236530
>>56236532
fuckkkkk i'm an idiot. I googled it like a retard. welp.

I actually do remember now that I used Dazloader in the first place to install windows 7 on my PC, and it ran genuine fine for about 2 months until just today when out of nowhere it said that it was not a genuine version which confuses me because I thought it was supposed to last forever
>>
>>56236571
daz loader requires not installing a particular update that kills it
daz loader also gets reset when you install another M$ OS alongside your existing OS
>>
>>56236539
If i do a backup now will that not just include all the malware and shit?

I've been in this thread trying to figure out how to do a backup and anon's suggested I use macrium to backup it so I made an image and saved it on my D: drive, but another anon told me that that doesn't do anything if i'm trying to do a clean install since it will just revert everything back what i had when i made the image.

Fuck me all this is confusing I just want to save all my stuff to my harddrive then reinstall windows and have all my stuff still be on my harddrive
>>
>>56236618
Buy a new hdd
>>
ITT: people have no fucking clue how to use daz loader and believe it's full of malware
>>
Can someone explain how this song existed before the modern age of Internet?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GL0M4HtLl40
>>
>>56236618
You dont need an image or any of that shit if you have an backup partition already move all the shit tgat you don't want to lose to that drive and then install comodo and make a full scan of the backup partition.
>>
>>56236670
except I don't have a backup partition already, I don't even know what that is or how to make it.
>>
>>56236562
At 4.0? Seems a lot higher than most of the other results I'd seen online.

>>56236566
It's testing now. I bumped ring voltage up to 1.1v earlier even though it's still at stock clocks, but other than that I've just been increasing core voltage. I'll have to increase VCCIN too if I go much further, right?
>>
>>56236631
It's called the stupid questions thread, I'm sorry for not asking smart questions.

If it's not full of malware than what did I just install on my PC that cause it to fuck up and slow down?
>>
>>56236618
>>56236688

Alright. So you are going to copy every file you care about to an external drive using copy and paste.

Then you are going to nuke windows.

Then you will install a clean ISO. If you are not sure it's clean, use the method on this page to check it

https://www.pcsteps.com/45-download-windows-7-iso-legally-free-digital-river/

install it then download daz from this page

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/58464-Windows-Loader-Download

then virus scan the crap out of your external (malwarebytes and avast), then copy your files back.

>>56236601
No update will invalidate Daz. The injection is as good as legit volume licensed windows.
>>
>>56236688
It's easy

youtube.com/watch?v=pdHjolzl7Gk
>>
>>56236707
so would a usb work as an external drive? Also what should I use to scan for viruses?

And thanks so much man for helping out. My one concern though is that since I used daz the first time to make my windows version genuine, and then all of a sudden 2 months later it decides that it is not anymore and causes all these problems, then what if this happens again when I use dazloader?
>>
File: Capture.png (244KB, 2559x1439px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
244KB, 2559x1439px
>>56236735
Soo I just tried to go to my storage management and it looks all fucked up like this
>>
>>56236760
You used either a fake or old daz. These instructions are clear. And by an external drive I just mean something outside your computer. Its like taking your pets out of the house while you fumigate. You could use dropbox or something if it fit your needs, it really doesn't matter.
>>
>>56236701
Shit, my bad familia I forgot what thread I was visiting. Just make sure that the md5 hash checks out with the one on the MDL forum and you'll be fine.
>>
What is the vmware for linux?
>>
>>56236883
qemu
virtualbox
or vmware
>>
has anyone used amazon glacier for long term backups? is it shit? any better/cheaper options?
>>
>>56236890
>virtualbox
Oracle gets a lot of shit, most of it warranted, but damn do I love virtualbox.
>>
>>56236900
mega 50 gigs free
>>
>>56236890
Is there a recommended one of those 3?
>>
>>56236883
>>56236890
also stuff like kvm, openvz, chroots
>>
>>56236859
Try reopening the program again?
>>
>>56236900
>amazon glacier

that's neat as fuck anon
>>
File: 1472011535609.jpg (19KB, 965x400px) Image search: [Google]
1472011535609.jpg
19KB, 965x400px
Is it worth getting the Dell XPS Developer Edition if I'm just going to replace Ubuntu with Debian? The Developer Edition comes with an Intel wifi card that seems to work better.
>>
>>56236908
yeah i use mega also. but i don't fully trust it not to go down. i had a recent data scare that i'm looking to make sure i prevent in the future

>>56236926
it's a cool concept for having like a last resort backup
>>
>>56234537
>>56234537
Use another PC.
>>
>>56236967
>buying new for linux
>>
what kind of monitor can my i5 2520m's hd graphic card support?
>>
currently do level 2 tech support at a company that uses a 100% linux environment
want to learn more linux networking stuff, so I need to get a network set up at home, but dont want a giant stack of towers on top of each other- ideally I have a uniform rack that I can put devices into as necessary, like a switch and then some nodes or whatever im doing with my network at the time
...but I also want to have a half-decent home PC or two, maybe one running linux the other windows, for dev projects, and maybe something I can throw a dcent graphics card in so I can play unreal tournament on the weekends?

Where should I start looking for this? I want basically a small rack I can put stuff with a decent price-performance ratio in, ideally last-gen server hardware or something like that.
>>
>>56237196
Anything under 4K.
>>
How do I add a site exception to my adblock plus filter on Android? I don't see options for it. I'm using the rooted setup.
>>
>>56237228
grab a 1u rack/server
zfs raid media server
nginx+iptables
stateful firewall
>>
>>56237378
Adblock sucks. Use adaway
>>
>>56236981
I'm not particularly interested in another man's semen-encrusted laptop.
>>
>>56237497
>every used computer is from joe six pack
stay poor
>>
New Thread

>>56236637
>>56236637
>>56236637
>>56236637
>>
>>56230377
Completely new to computers and I want to be safe, as long as the pc is 100% unplugged I cannot be electrocuted? Like how long does residual power stay?
Thread posts: 351
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.