/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SAP - the evil entity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

C'mon guys, let's talk about something more important that windows, linux or osx.

Let's talk about Satan itself, aka SAP.

This fucking corporation (SAP SE) has been ruling the enterprise world for over 20 years and nobody is able to reach it at this point.

This is far worse than M$ or else, cause here there are no alternatives
>>
File: 272412.jpg.adapt.450_255.false.jpg (32KB, 450x253px) Image search: [Google]
272412.jpg.adapt.450_255.false.jpg
32KB, 450x253px
>>56230349
but their website has happy photos of little negro boys, surely they have our collective best interests in mind
>>
>>56230349
What does SAP even do? I hear lots of people complaining about it, but I can never quite figure out what exactly the software is for.
>>
File: 273827.jpg.adapt.640_360.false.jpg (30KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
273827.jpg.adapt.640_360.false.jpg
30KB, 640x360px
>>56230381
>>
>>56230389
Basically it's an all-in-one management software for your enterprise
>>
>>56230448
That is pretty vauge.
What does that entail?
Payment and stuff?
Emails and calendar?
What?
>>
>>56230469
all of it
mostly the payment though
>>
SAP is garbage. And it makes me angry. It's angry garbage.
>>
>>56230469
I know that saying it can do everything you have listed won't satisfy your curiosity, but It is designed to be the MASTER software in your enterprise.
It keeps trace of the produced goods, the sold ones, how the sales are going, how the company is going, employees' shifts and holiday,
basically just think about an enterprise's needs, and SAP will likely have it
>>
>>56230349
I work for a ERP maker company.
There are alternatives, always, but people prefer 50000 gorillion rajeesh doing a rigid clusterfuck management system than doing it the right way.
also, it's probably cheaper.
>>
>>56230349
So make an open sores alternative. It should be easy for you.
>>
>>56230615
Linux is open and it works way better that Windows
>>
>>56230588
I mean it doesn't sound impossible to make, if I ever create my own business, I will make sure to set aside money to hire programmers to make an open source alternative.
But that will probably not happen any time soon.
>>
>>56230675
It's not impossible, but you should know what happens when a little business creates a better software than a corporate's.
The bigger one buys the little one
>>
>>56230711
That is why god invented copyleft.
>>
Does this software touch people outside HR?
>>
I log my work hours in SAP Netweaver

What a goddamn mess of a shitty website

They recently updated to a newer version, it looks a tiny bit different from the old one

Oh and they changed the behaviour of the arrow keyboard buttons. There are like 5 fields you fill out when doing your hours, make a mistake and you have to fiddle around with your mouse to get the cursor into the right place, because USING THE ARROW KEYS HIGHLIGHTS THE WHOLE FIELD
>>
I went to a company that used mnemonic and formulaic part numbers so a person could pull the file or part just from the part number alone, then they got SAP and it began assigning random 15 digit part numbers to everything, no one knew what anything was and had to look up each part on their system, wasting massive time and slowing everything down

I am sure there are a thousand similar stories
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.