[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Chrome really as botnetty as /g/ says? Also is it true that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: safari_vs_chrome.jpg (36KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
safari_vs_chrome.jpg
36KB, 800x450px
Is Chrome really as botnetty as /g/ says?
Also is it true that Chrome switched from open-source webkit to closed-source?
If I want to use Chrome should I switch to Chromium?
>>
If you're on linux you should be using firefox, if you're on windows you're fucked already so use whatever.
>>
>>56228844
I'm on a hackintosh
>inb4 gay xDD
I like safari for its cloud sycning and lightweightness but chrome is fassssstttt
>>
>asks whether chrome is as botnetty as /g/ says
>on /g/
>>
Chrome is botnet tier, but your personal data is going to be lost amongst millions of others. Google isn't advancing the botnet to single anybody out, they're just trying to go full Skynet.

In short, whether or not you use Chrome won't make a difference, they've got enough people hooked.
>>
>>56229297
>>56229153
but what does Chrome really send that Chromium doesn't?
They say Chromium is completely open-source. What part of Chrome isn't? I don't use their cloud syncing shit either
>>
>>56229361
I suppose for clarification, Chrome isn't much worse in terms of botnet than any browser. It does use a fuckton of memory though.

If you have a google account, all of your search data, voice commands, and pretty much everything else is sent to them and stored. If you're using chrome and you have your google account linked, you can expect all of your history to be compromised, even if it's not a google website.
>>
>>56228844
what if you're a faggot and use a mac?
>>
>>56229408
what if you log out after using your youtube account for instance?
>>
>>56229361
Chromium sends data too, don't believe /g/. Look in privacy settings on chromium, their the exact same as in chrome. FOSS doesn't mean non botnet and chromium is a perfect example of this, however because chromium is FOSS you can use the inox patchset and patch chromium to free yourself from the botnet.
>>
I just use Chrome because chromium still doesn't have .h264 support unless something changed?
>>
File: lol'd.png (39KB, 1155x504px) Image search: [Google]
lol'd.png
39KB, 1155x504px
>>56230087
mine chromium is built with proprietary codecs use flag
os is gentoo genu/linoox
>>
>>56228692
http://thesimplecomputer.info/the-private-life-of-chromium-browsers

Use this: https://github.com/Eloston/ungoogled-chromium
>>
>>56228692
Chromium is a massive botnet but I use it because it is literally the best web browser out there, hell it does signing and packing of extensions on the browser and is more secure than Firefox with XSS protection and a lot of sandboxing, I might just compile a non botnet version from git modded because of how good the browser is
>>
>>56231845
w-where would you download the non-botnet version?
>>
>>56231845
>Chromium is a massive botnet but I use it because it is literally the best web browser out there
Since they are both botnet Chrome is better.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.